Used 1998 Toyota Tercel Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Tercel for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Wave of the future

98Tercel, 04/08/2004
CE 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome. It get around 40mpg, rarely has a problem, and handles great. The design resembles that of BMW or Honda, but without the possiblity of confusing it with another car due to it's unique look. With gas prices hitting $2 a gallon, this car is great for both everyday commuting and long road trips. It's light weight makes up for any lack in horsepower, giving it the great mileage and quick acceleration.

More reliable than any friend

tercelm3, 02/20/2014
CE 2dr Coupe

I have this beauty for 5 years now and bought it with 140KM as a second car/ winter car, I drive it daily to construction job and my only car for all winter. I had 3 different BMWs during this period and I love this beauty just as much as my 2012 M3, I drove it in winter from Toronto to Grande Prairie in 2.5 days 4000Km and all I did so far after 5 years and 220KM was front brake, timing belt, and 4 new winter tires, I drove the last set of winter tires 4 years for summer and winter and they were still good for one more year.

Bring back the Tercel

northerner1965, 09/24/2005
CE 2dr Coupe

I love this car! 50 can mpg. 400,000 kms in 8 years. Changed oil every 5000kms and tune up and tires every 100,000. Thats it! Haven't even replaced a light bulb yet! Why would they stop making a car like this? Hell I even pull a tent trailer in the summer! It's bullet proof!

Used 1998 Tercel

Ray, 08/04/2006
CE 2dr Coupe

My girlfriend and I were shopping for a car and almost leased a new Mazda 3 sport GS. We opted instead for a 1998 Tercel CE metallic black on gray w/ AC. The car came with Blizzak snow tires on 13" rims (1998s came with 14"). The car is in amazing condition, especially inside. The cloth seats show no wear at all after 7 years! I replaced the snow tires with 13" Goodyear Allegras and the ride, handling and road noise all improved. The A/C blows cold (just a bit weak during the 36-37c heat wave). I have owned $55k BMW 3 series among other things and I am VERY impressed with this car. There are no squeaks and rattles!

Tercel is good and slow

lhuser, 06/04/2009
CE 2dr Coupe

Bought the car in '08. Never let me down, all is working, but the seatbelt sensor, and I had to put new brakes on. Never failed to start, and doesn't look like it will. Cheap to fix. Only problem is in the interior. Since it's a small car (I have the 4Dr...not the 2), it's limited in space, and the cup holders are horrible for a Tim Horton's XL coffee. No arm rest.