2018 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Typical Toyota Reliability
By RichB

2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fit and finish is typical Toyota, excellent. Everything you read about the V6 and matching transmission is accurate, i.e., it is amazingly noisy and the transmission is constantly shifting, especially in the mountains of NC where I live. It is so bad that I put it in manual mode and attempt to "beat it" by shifting manually. I downsized from a 2013 Ford F150, and the Ford, with an ecoboost six and six speed was so much more superior, getting about the same gas mileage in a much larger, comfortable vehicle without the crazy engine/transmission noises...disappointing to say the least.

Loving My Taco
By Jake F.

2018 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have a basic access cab in Barcelona red. Great truck, always get compliments. Smooth ride, fairly quiet, comfortable, easy to get in and out. Only thing I'd change is that I got a 4cylinder, wished I had more power and better acceleration. Long trips can be kind of tiring but cruise control works well.

Most versitile truck for retirement years
By Dave

2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Cost of the features they want.

Excellent Value for the Money
By TLS

2018 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Been driving my new Tacoma for approximately six weeks. Went from a 1995 Toyota T100 4x4 that I had been driving for the past 23 years. Really impressed with the Tacoma. Gas mileage is astounding. On my work commute 33 miles one way, I typically get over 26 mpg. She's no speed demon, but no slouch either. The 4 cylinder 2.7L easily merges into traffic, and I love the way the motor sounds when it revs. The instrumentation and entertainment is top notch, however Toyota doesn't do a good job of explaining that the Entune App Suite is only available on the next step up from the SR5 radio. My biggest complaint, if I have one, is the truck is difficult to get into and out of. I'm 6'1" and my truck has running boards with the SR5 Appearance Package. The running boards get in the way when getting into and out of the truck. Other than that, so far so good. I'm looking forward to driving the Tacoma for the next 20 years or so.

Seems better than the 2016 I owned
By Sam

2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2018 TRD Sport. The transmission is much better than the 16 I used to own. I love Tacomas but abandoned them when the 16 model just didnt live up to its previous reputation. Bought a Frontier, which was a good truck but smaller and less fuel efficient. After speaking to other new 2018 owners I decided to take another chance. Bought with the technology pkg. and a few cosmetic extras like step bars, all weather pkg., etc. Right now it has 350 miles on it. The first fill up at 185 miles averaged 23.5 mpg with combination highway and city driving. The Inferno color looks great with the tinted windows all around. The ride is very comfortable. The one complaint is getting in and getting out. I am over 6 ft tall so it is a little awkward and I wish the steering wheel had more vertical adjustment to it but overall I am very satisfied. Hope is stays that way.