Used 2005 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 239 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Love the Sienna Best carI have ever owned
By Ernest Brown

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Sienna with 50000 miles. It now has 150000 and both my wife and I LOVE it. I am a car connoisseur and have owed a lot of vehicles in my 63 years. This is the best car I have ever owned. I did not know the timing belt needing replacement at 100,000 mile and found out when the car had 140,000miles but got it replaced at the local Toyota dealer and also found the radiator was starting to leak so had my local mechanic fix that. Other then that, it has been brakes, tires and oil changes. The digital read out says we get an average of 23mpg. The car rides nice, and has a great A/C. Love the independent front and rear heat a/c controls. & adults are not a problem. Only issues are the spare tire location (difficult to remove and replace), the middles seats are removable but very hard to get to snap back in, and the driver's door hold back broke. Not bad at all for a 12 year old car with 150,000 miles.

Sienna Review
By Martin DerOvanesian

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We originally had the Honda Odyssey . Went to buy a replacement vehicle after transmission went out and Honda offered only to pay half of the $7,000 they quoted for a replacement . Went with a Sienna. Night and day difference. Sienna rides like a luxury car, Odyssey drove like a truck. Our Sienna was just totalled at 240,000 miles, hit by a drunk driver. Still drove and looked like new, prior to crash . Replaced it with a 2004. Superb cars. Ltd model has adaptive radar cruise control option, years and years ahead of competition. Great car!

Disappointed
By Luke

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We initially were excited about this vehicle. We are a family of 6, so an 8 passenger was a must. We bought this mini-van with 77,000 miles and thought it would be an upgrade from our 2005 Dodge Caravan. Within 6 months I had to replace the rack and pinion, and radiator. Within 12 months the passenger rear door would not open from the outside when below 40 degrees and the Air Conditioning compressor began to "rattle". Within 18 months the other rear door began to have problems. Now at 124,000 miles the shifter is loose and I am nervous that my wife and children are going to be stuck. The caravan had 180k miles with nothing done to it but brakes, struts/shocks, and a water pump.

Great van
By Tmm

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very dependable van. A lot of good miles left on it.

Driving "the bus"
By John addy

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my sienna since brand new, April 22 2005. It gets between 22 1/2 to 29 1/2 mpg. The casset player and right rear wheel bearing are the only things to go out in 110,000 miles. It's been a fabulous vehicle