Skip to main content

Compare dealer price quotes
Incentive offers available
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

A list of the GREAT benefits

JediTink, 11/07/2021
XLE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First, let me quantify my glowing review. I upgraded from a 2003 Ford Taurus to the 2022 Prius Prime XLE. Needless to say, I am blown away by the technology upgrade alone, and that's not even taking into account the Plug-in electric aspect to this amazing car. Here are the things I LOVE: 1. The XLE trim has this amazing 11+ inch screen, which is just fantastic and integrates with Apple CarPlay seamlessly. After a couple days of playing around with it, I now know where everything is - maps, audio and climate control. 2. Running in EV mode - all electric. Seriously, it feels like my car is sailing. Took it out in EV mode for the first time late at night to get milkshakes. There was no motor, it was like we were sailing on a cloud. 3. Coasting and braking steadily RECHARGES THE ELECTRIC BATTERY. So if you pay attention to the handy dandy Eco Display, you can tell when you are charging. Driving this car is like a video game! It's fun to stay within the bounds of Eco driving! I also don't mind heavy LA traffic or stop lights nearly as much, because these stops charge my car and I don't use any $4+/gallon gas. 4. Because I have a plug-in, I can now park in electric car parking anywhere and charge it up. Drove to Disneyland 13 miles in all electric. Charged it up there for $1.63, and drove it back all electric. So, so amazing. 5. I can charge my car easily in 5.5 hours plugged in to my normal home outlet - no need to install an expensive EV Charger. 6. I can start my car, check mileage, check battery charge and even start a charge from the Toyota Mobile app. Incredible. Now the Edmunds review is correct - the electric battery does take up valuable real estate in the cargo compartment. However, this is a small price to pay for the MASSIVE benefit the all-electric battery provides.

Out of a CT200h, into a Prius Prime

Mac, 03/01/2022
Limited 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2011 CT200h (Prius in fancy clothes) was totaled and stumbled upon an opportunity to purchase a Prime Limited (ordered but buyer backed out) and am I glad - miss the styling of the Lexus but let me tell you the technology, efficiency and comfort of the PP are much better - will never win a road race but if you drive like a normal person this is a great vehicle, bit noisy on the highway or poor road surface, and you do catch glare off the large screen - but the 100MPG i'm getting (real world factoring in electric costs) nice 10 speaker stereo, radar cruise, auto wipes/highbeams, heated seats/wheel, nice visibility and silent on 30 miles electricity more than make up for it My commute? 22 miles each way, charge at home and work, last tank saw well over 1,200 miles only because I had to take a road trip Is the limited worth it? I think so, lots of safety features, parking sonar, cross traffic, bigger speakers/sub - that sort of thing - I most likely will never us the self parking (if you can't park this little car then you should not be on the road in my opinion) and frankly, with new cars averaging 42k this little guy is a steal at $34,500 with a $4,500 fed tax credit - got $16k for the CT due to the crazy market so out the door, brand new limited, $15k......

3 out of 5 stars

Very Nice Car

Ron, 08/16/2021
Limited 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Its a very nice car. Immediately took it on a 2500 mile vacation voyage. It was surprisingly quiet and smooth. The air conditioner was cold. I mean very cold! Mileage was about 58 MPG. The electric mode is very nice around town. I live in California and gas here is $5.09 a gallon for premium (Chevron). Some areas are even higher!! The hatchback space is a little tight for our one week trip out of town, but the rear seats fold down for extra room. The navigation system was pretty decent & I have no complaints. I went on a Prius forum and did some studying before I bought it. I took the advice of one member and put it on ECO and drove. Never did use "Normal and Power" settings. Bottom Line: Glad I bought it & with the price of fuel now its saving me some money over fuel consumption with my pickup (kept it). I got the Limited Trim and glad I did so.

Prime ride, man

Nico, 09/07/2021
XLE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It’s fine. I purchased an XLE as a commuter, and for that purpose it has excelled. While the storage space leaves a lot to be desired, I was able to store a 65 qt RTIC cooler in the trunk. Food for thought.

5 out of 5 stars

Great for economy and all the tech you want

HappyPrimester, 11/24/2021
Limited 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes it's not like the Supra I owned long ago for performance. But in all electric you feel like you are gliding around in silence! I like it! Fuel economy is jaw dropping. Got the upgrade package (Canada's mid level trim) and enjoying infotainment and apointments. Got an android plug in box to add wireless android auto.