2021 Toyota Prius Prime Consumer Reviews

$28,200

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Excellent daily driver

HappyDriver, 03/29/2021
XLE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent daily driver. Comfortable, incredibly efficient. Enough battery to take a sizable percentage (more than 50% for me) of my total miles on electric. When on gas, regularly achieve over 50mpg. Like having many modern safety features as standard. Highly reliable.

3 out of 5 stars

Great Car

Phil, 07/03/2021
LE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned the 2021 Prius Prime for a few months now, Got 800 miles on my first tank of gas with infrequent charging. I think my average MPG is about 80, which is awesome and I feel like I can take my car out to cruise without thinking about gas at all. I love the EV range and its the most fun to drive when its in EV mode, very zippy. The LE has a smaller infotainment that supports both android and apple car play. I've always preferred physical controls over touch so its nice to get more features for a cheaper price. I have no problems with the screen or the displays and the interior is really cool looking. I plan to own this car forever and I got nearly $10,000 off buying it in NY. I have no problems with it at all and I couldn't even think about only getting 30mpg anymore. I drive carefully and I enjoy how this car guides you into driving more economically. There certainly is a lot of technology on here that you need to watch out for, but it is a Toyota and y'know things won't break on their own. Good warranty so i'm not worrying about that anytime soon but I do fear the day I need to pay for something fancy to be fixed. Nonetheless I think this car came up to a bit under $20k, so its a no brainer if you compare it to other cars for that price.

Spiffy fun car

Mary , 04/06/2021
LE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car glides and handles really well. Easy to plug in when I get home. Around town no gas needed. I just wish it ran farther on the electric but other than that I love it. It is also very quiet.

ad labelAd
Build Your Prius Prime
At a Glance:
  • 7 Colors
  • 3 Trims
Build and Pricetoyota.com
Vehicle shown with options using visual effects.

5 out of 5 stars

Best commuter car I’ve ever owned

Zack d, 12/10/2020
XLE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Rides smooth. Love the fact that I can get a full charge in 5 hours makes it super convient. Much faster and smoother ride then the Prius I tried back in 10-11 back then I couldn’t deal too much of a sacrifice from looks and driving quality now it’s not a sports car by any means but I had a 14 corolla eco I gave up for this guy and it feels a little bit faster than the carolla but I have much better fuel economy and I drive 50 each way every day for work and average just about 30k miles a year so I was looking for comfort and economy and got it. I do wish you could still adjust charging schedule from app if they bring that back it will be perfect. I got the XLE to me seemed like the best bang for buck for me since I drive 30k miles a year I ride them for 6-8 years and then retire them.

FUN CAR and A FUEL MISER

Rick, 02/27/2021
LE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I agree with most of which the other owners report below. I must add another negative, however. What if I have a flat tire at night on a dark road? There is no spare and I don't carry a cellphone. This is my major concern although such an event happening is unlikely. On the positive side, the vehicle is quiet, good looking, seemingly low maintenance, and possesses Toyota quality as expected. Love how it handles and its engine's quiet peppiness. Its a car of the future.