MSRP Starting at

Save as much as $1,320
Incentive offers available
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

New 2021 Corolla Hybrid (8 month update)

mike, 09/28/2020
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

i just purchased a new corolla hybrid 2021 sedan (Sept 2020) and am very happy with my purchase after doing extensive research. i test drove both the corolla le (non hybrid) and the corolla le (hybrid). for me reliability, price, gas consumption and road noise were my big factors in assessing the car. i found that the basic non hybrid corolla had more road noise at lower speeds (10-40 mph) compared with the hybrid. On the highway both cars seemed relatively the same as far as road noise (mild to semi high). most reviews state the fact that road noise is an issue with the corolla. however, i found that the hybrid was more quiet (from road noise coming into the car - not engine noise) on basic service type roads. it also just seemed to ride much better than the basic corolla. i really wanted to go with the basic corolla since it is a very reliable car and a better value (at around $19000 w/o taxes, ~$3K less than a hybrid). it was a tough decision to make but the hybrid won over due to a better ride and better on gas. I've owned it for one week now and am getting 65-67 mpg combined. (note - this is very non aggressive driving going ~55-60 on the highway and with very slow accelerating from a stop.) Some concerns: this car does not have a spare tire donut but only a tire inflation kit. these are not good because if your tire blows out you are in trouble. i intend to purchase a spare for the car. i will update this review in the future. the Edmund's fair market price tool is a very good guide to get a good deal. Try for a good deal because i don't think these cars are flying off the lot. (MAY 2021 UPDATE, 8K miles) After driving the car for 8 months in various conditions - here are some of my findings: GAS MPG: ~60-63 MPG mixed driving (20-50 MPH - conservative, slow starts, driving in town, short trips, country roads, some highway, hills and flat, some traffic) / ~50 MPG highway driving (55-70 MPH, gas MPG goes down quite a bit when driving over 65 mph) BAD: fair amount of road noise on rough roads (smooth paved roads are quiet), wind noise at speed of >55 MPH, on roads with holes and bumps the ride can get a bit irritating. GOOD - Seat comfort (fine after 5 hr straight highway drive), leg/head room (i'm 6 ft), play songs direct from USB stick, steering feel, fit/finish, automatic features (auto headlight brights dimmer, cruise, cruise with auto traffic slowdown, lane assist, etc). CONCLUSION - This car is the best if you live in an area of nice roads like CA. But where i live in PA , the roads are bad and bumpy and this car can get you a bit agitated after a long drive. Can't beat the gas mileage at 50-63 MPG. Love the fact that the engine automatically shuts off at a traffic signal and restarts with the electric motor.

Lotta bang for the buck

T Lovenbrock, 11/07/2020
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Essentially gave up car shopping and bought a corolla hybrid. While initially there was a ton of regret it’s grown on me to the point I actually like this little car. You get a LOT of features found in way more expensive cars for your money. The interior is pretty nice looking and supremely quiet around town and even on freeways with food roads. Like reviews say hard acceleration into freeway is a loud event but it does have a little oomph and I generally don’t fear death merging onto major high speed traffic. Safety features are amazing for this class and Toyota was offering some sweet deals on price. Have managed to maintain a 64 mpg average with pokey driving which seems unreal but full ups are few and far between. No regrets in this purchase here.

Not bad. And highly economical.

TA, 08/31/2020
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

So, I just purchased this car this week. Notably, due to Covid cutbacks, I needed to downgrade from my Camry Hybrid SE. I definitely gave up power; there's no way around the fact that I'm working with 80 fewer horses under the hood. And I also gave up a little bit of room--and the heated seats. Honestly, though, that's about it. The car definitely feels more refined than its price point would suggest. It has a push-button start, a decent basic stereo for my purposes, reasonably comfortable seats, little touches like automatic high beams, lighted vanity mirrors, heated outside mirrors, and decent connectivity including Android Auto. It's maneuverable as heck, with a tight turning radius and a responsive steering wheel. Comfortable but not floaty ride. The big plus is the mileage. My husband has a Prius LE Eco, and this car so far looks like its mileage is going to match it. I'm satisfied.

Ad
Build Your Corolla Hybrid
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 1 Trim

Very comfortable

AJC, 11/12/2020
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Reviewed the Insight, Ioniq and Prius before purchasing the Corolla Hybrid with the upgraded and heated seats, BSM etc. Most comfortable ride and least road noise of the four. Upgrade definitely worth the extra $s. Good size trunk. Fuel economy averages about 4.4L per 100 km rover 4000km of city and highway driving. Very happy with this vehicle.

Great car, but easy to chip paint

Charles Neitzel , 03/29/2021
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my 2021 Toyota Corolla hybrid in January 21, 2021. I have 3k miles on it. Runs perfectly. Love the car, but I am seeing paint chipping all over the car. Even on my back doors. Because of the paint chipping. I'll give it 3 stars. I did buy my car from Dick Hannah in Kelso Washington. Please if you buy this car. Get the extra layer of protection. I'm probably going to have to get a new paint job on this car.