Used 2002 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Best reliable compact sports car
By Bobby A

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchase this car, 6speed manual GTS, back in 2002 from a showroom with 7,000 miles on it. This car is so reliable that I still drive it as of today 1/2018 with 365,000+ miles as my daily driver about 65miles round trip. Has no major issues, just regular maintenance and oil change. Original engine, transmission, second set of clutch and upgraded stereo system. The interior still looks clean and polished. I drive this car hard most of the time up to the redline, cause it's that fun to drive. I get about 32-34mpg on the highway on cruise control. I would buy another one if this thing ever breaks down.

GT-s perfection!
By Jeremiah

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

To buy three ofvthe same car, yes I said 3. This is a great lil car. Go for rhe gts only

One word: Reliability
By Tedd Baker

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Heavily recommend

Great MPG at a great price
By amancheski

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 02 Celica GT 5speed since February 2013 and have had it on some long trips. Drove it from Upper Michigan to South west colorado and back. Even in the mountains i was maintaining over 30 mpg. While in the mountains at about 32 to 33 once we got to the flats i was between 36 and 37 mpg. For a car that sits so low to the ground and is light it rides very well sometimes I think it rides smother than my lifted Tundra. Haven't been able to really test how well it does in snow to much as winter was winding down when i first got it but I can say that it does handle slippery roads very well. With not having any traction control or abs just make sure you know how to operate thus said.

Have not done any improvement would like to put a cold air intake on it.

BEST CAR
By steelerfox

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2002 celica gt with original action package. i love this car. i got this car as my first car 3 years ago and i will never get rid of it. this car will remain in my garage even after i get a new car. this car is amazing fun to drive… possibly to much fun. it has been extremely reliable and the only problem i have had is an eval check engine light. fortunately i know a mechanic who helped me get that sorted out. this car is gorgeous and people tell me how much they love it all the time. it does very decent for a little car in the snow. i live on lake ontario in NY and we get quite a bit of snow but she has never let me down. the back seat is useless but who cares its not a family car.

i like the amazing handling, comfortable interior, gorgeous exterior and reliability of this car. i will love this car forever. she has never let me down.