Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Avalon for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

After a couple of months

2013limited, 03/26/2013

I was shopping for luxury replacements for my 2007 Avalon XL when the new 2013 first showed up at my dealer. It changed my whole perspective. It was not like any Avalon that I had seen! The interior was completely changed and the tan variation was sporty and masculine. The drive and control felt like some of the performance cars that I had before. It was a no brainer, I could have the looks, luxury, and performance that I wanted with the reliability of a Toyota and for $30,000 less cost (I paid cash). I didn't realize how "nice" it could be to drive a car...I really enjoy my time on the road.

Awesome car

wilk, 04/19/2013

I purchased my 2013 Avalon XLE Premium 6 weeks ago. I selected the metallic black with tan interior. I have gotten a lot of comments from friends, valets, and doorman on the car. They are blown away with the look and feel of the car inside and out. I commute 50 miles a day and now love my commute. Traded in a 2004 Nissan Maxima LS. While it was a great car it does not even come close to the style quality and performance of my Avalon. I am a true believer and could not be happier with my Avalon!

Avalon Definitely Not A Bomb

Chris Jones, 04/19/2016
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our third Avalon. With that being said, it is refreshing to see that 2013 received a lot of design changes on the exterior as well as the interior. I have to say I like every one of them including the tires and wheels. We were lucky to find a 2013 with only 16500 miles on it. I think I got a fair deal, but not what I consider a great deal. I really like the ride comfort, and the instrumentation on it. My last Avalon had the 6 disc changer instead of GPS, and it was a limited also. I would still be driving it if not for some screwball that blasted us from the back on I-40 doing 40 mph while traffic was stopped. It totaled the car. I do get 31 on the highway and it rounds out to about 25 mph on highway and city driving. I really have fallen in love with the Avalon all over again with the new design. I highly recommend anyone looking for an Avalon to pay a few extra bucks and get it loaded with a limited model. The car handles well with the Michelin tires, and I'll be giving it a total road trip from North Carolina to Florida shortly. I can't wait.

So far good except

bigpaulie, 08/22/2014

So I have 42k on the car. It has been reliable and low maintenance. The backs of both seats have fallen off. I went to Toyota and they said it is a common defect but since I drive a lot they want $800 to fix. It is clearly a poor design but Toyota doesn't respond. I bought the 120k bumper to bumper but was told after it isn't bumper to bumper and that they "have good sales people". My car is embarrassing to sit in.

Beware of buying the 2013 Avalon Limited

bill440, 09/07/2013

I've owned this car for less than a week and have 2 problems with it, the back of the driver side seat panel broke and the headliner is falling down. The sad part of this story is that Toyota knows about these problems and kept letting dealers sell this defective car. This is not an isolated incident, check Toyota Nation to read other owners with this same issue. Toyota is finally issuing a bulletin to the dealer on these problems. The dealer will fix it under warranty but I don't feel the same, I expect a new car to be trouble free not have to be rebuilt.

Premium Car Price Without Premium Ride, Quietness or Seat Comfort

gemigniani1, 09/24/2013

2013 Avalon does not not feel like a $35,000 premium sedan. The ride is busy because even small road imperfections are felt and heard. There's no sound insulation under the carpets or in the doors so the road noise level is high like being in a Corolla. The front seat bottoms are small in size and thinly padded. So my seat bottom gets sore after only 20 miles of highway driving. The only "premium" car qualities that the 2013 Avalon has are rock solid directional stability on the highway, a smooth, quiet and responsive engine and transmission, and a fairly luxurious looking and feeling interior.

Disappointing Comfort

larbaker, 08/05/2014
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Although this is a great car, it comes up short on one item I think most Avalon Limited buyers want and that is COMFORT. I know they are trying to reach the younger set and apparently have done so from sales figures, I believe they went too far on ride/comfort. We purchased our Avalon Feb 2013 and just had it in for 15,000 mile service. We take a 400 mile trip about once a month. On the first trip in Feb 13 I noticed at the 100 mile mark that I couldn't get comfortable in the seats - felt hard. I didn't say anything, but the next month my wife(its her car) said these seats aren't comfortable. She said the other day I want a new car - one that has comfortable seats and softer tires.

Great vehicle for a long trip anywhere!

mr_hydraulics, 04/10/2013

I purchased the new Limited for a recent trip to the Southeast. The car's performance was wonderful and very comfortable for the long haul. The bonus features were the navigation system and blind spot warning system. Stereo system was awesome. I especially appreciated the comforts of adjustable ventilated/heated seats and lumbard/thigh support. We loaded the car with golf clubs and three larger suitcases with room to spare. Great handling/ride/responsiveness. Our trip was around 3300 miles and averaged 31.0 MPG - in combined driving - fully loaded. This was somewhat surprizing, as the lowest MPG was 27, when climbing into higher elevations. Great Toyota- great ride.

Nice ride but needs a few things.

mongoose5, 03/25/2013

The Avalon is nice and has a high quality interior look. But the things that you notice after you buy the car matter. The seats need some more cushion. We rode a couple hours before our bottoms hurt. My Corolla is a good 5 1/2 hour seat. Where are the bottle holders in the doors? They are absent front and rear. So on a trip with three in the back with the armrest folded up, the rear seat passengers will not have a single place to store drinks. I like more than one drink myself, especially living in a desert area. I would also appreciate it if the two cupholders up front were cooled. Power is good in this V/6, Best mileage on a road trip with a full trunk and three passengers was 29.5 mpg hwy

Toyota Scores With Epic Retool

Chris Jones, 03/10/2016
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Avalon is a brilliant piece of machinery. The aerodynamic lines are perfectly matched to create a breathtaking image. We bought ours used with only about 16.5k miles on her. From the moment I laid eyes on it, I knew I had to have it. The interior is a spaceship like masterpiece. The touch sensitive buttons make life so much easier and less likely to break. The heated/ventilated front seats are also a pleasure to use. On the exterior, one of the impressive things is the LED running lights. The rear LED tail lights is also a great addition to this body style. I would have to say that I enjoy driving this Avalon Limited quite a bit more than the previous 3 Limited's I've owned. Granted, it's handling and steering is much stiffer, but i prefer to feel the road. The seats are fine, a little stiff, but they hld up well, and are universally adjustable. Overall, I would say if you can find a used 2013 with low mileage, it's a no brainer. Buy it.

Update for star rating and other items

solara01, 03/21/2013

I posted an earlier review on my car but for some reason the star rating got dropped. I am working with tech support to fix this problem. I have the 2013 with the tech package and aside from a few minor things, I absolutely love this car. If you are looking for a smooth boat, the high end Avalon may not be for you. If you are looking for a luxury car under $40,000. This is your ticket.

Won over

sullivan3, 11/25/2013
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Avalon Touring XLE model in March 2013. Initially, I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the ride. I thought there was too much road feel. This October, I drove it to Ohio and Indiana from Florida. It performed amazingly and I am now smitten with this machine. I really enjoy driving it and on a smooth road, it is terrific. I am averaging nearly 30 mpg . My driving is all at 60mph where I live . No regrets on this purchase. Update 2016 : I love this car. I looked at the new models that came out this year and I think the 2013 looks better. Update 2018: This car still impresses me. Most of my driving is at 60 mph. In a rural area with a 30 mile drive to a grocery, this is a pleasure to drive. The appearance is great and I am still getting compliments from passengers about rear legroom, comfort etc. Currently at 34000 miles on odometer. Plan to keep this for a long time.

fid1, 05/20/2013

The car rides great and looks great but I have a few suggested improvements. The drivers seat has very hard side panels, why are they not the same consistency as the center sections?

High tire pressure ride problems.

poorthingflint, 04/26/2013
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Recently bought this fine vehicle and almost didn't because of harsh suspension response when impacting large road patches and other road irregularities. Drove another car before the one I took home for the little woman to see and drive. Both cars had 18" Michelins and were disappointing in the way they reacted to serious road imperfections. Driving the car I ultimately bought decided to check the tire air pressure. All tires checked just a little shy of 40lbs. Obviously being over inflated by at least 6lbs will cause the ride problems I noticed. With the correct tire pressure the over all ride improved drastically. I would suggest before you road test one check the air pressure. I have traded this vehicle. Overall a very fine car but if you drive with both feet I.E. brake with your left foot and apply throttle with your right you can trigger the brake override safety feature which means you suddenly loose power for about 8-10 seconds. This was a real safety issue for me and as such was a design flaw. We had decided we would be better served with a SUV going forward and I did not want another Toyota product for obvious reasons. Fortunately there are some good choices out there and we are very happy with our new SUV.

Not as happy as I thought I would be...

yardy, 06/24/2013

I feel in love with the color and design of the car. But I am not happy paying the amount of money and not being happy with the ride in the city. My biggest complaint is the JBL sound system. I bought my car in Maryland and drove back to Georgia to snap, crackle, and pop. The radio fades in and out at will. Thank goodness I have a great Toyota service department near me. I will take the car in tomorrow, get a loaner and they will find out how to fix this problem from their tech department.

Avalon - A luxury but affordable full size sedan

francisr12, 05/27/2013

Before anything else, let me say this "this is the third Toyota I owned and drove more than 160,000 on my previous two without any breakdown or problem even a minor one. I looked for a comfortable full size sedan for my family with two kids instead of a minivan or SUV due to MPG issue. I decided to purchase an Avalon XLE after test drive of Ford Taurus, Nissan Maxima & Infinity G37..So far I confidently say I made a right choice. The car handling may not be as sporty as the Infinity, inside its cabin we can really enjoy the quality of the Bluetooth audio system because it is so quite thanks to the use of noise reduction glass & its air drag coefficient of 0.28.

Just What I Needed

twigster, 08/24/2013
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my "highway" car. Drove to NEPA Pocono Area with my electronic drums in the trunk. The July shakedown cruise to our yearly SummerJam proved the Avalon's capability. I tend to travel fast (above the speed limit) and got almost 30 MPG while feeling safe and in control. Love the transmission and the steering and despite what MT may say about "steering feedback" I didn't find that a negative since I didn't want a "sports car" or want to "feel the road". Spent almost three weeks driving around the N.E.P.A. area roads that I grew up driving on (I live in Tampa), these are what we call "driving! roads". Again, the car made it a blast - it went everywhere like it owned the road. UPDATE 2/24/2016 The Multi-media system that controls the GPS and entertainment went bad in Dec. '15 while on a short get away outside my home state. I carry a Garmin as a backup, whew. My dealership and Toyota stepped up in top shelf fashion and in a week the car was fixed, detailed and ready. The car is still performing as originally reviewed and the MPG is improving as the car breaks in. I miss not having back seats that fold down and find that the sun really plays havoc on my eyes when reflected in the chrome that trims the interior - which happens all too suddenly and frequently. Sunglasses and seat positioning are not solutions. Someone suggested flat black tape but I'm just not sure it's an aesthetic I could tolerate...unless this becomes a safety issue. As great as the interior looks the chrome could be a deal breaker for a future Avalon.

Great Car for the Money

2013avalon, 06/29/2013

I knew this was the car as soon as I sat in the drivers seat for a test drive. I got the pearl white and tan interior with chocolate accents.. Amazing car. I constantly put customers in my car and being 6'4" in any other car the person behind me never had room. Not they have a good 4" of extra leg room. Not the fastest car but it isn't the slowest. I do not have the navi because I have owned toyota's before and they have never really had good ones, and with cell phones who really needs it...

Whine in the transmission

ktw1958, 05/20/2015
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Since buying this car with 13K miles on it I have noticed a whine coming from the transmission. I am wondering if any other '13 Avalon owners have experienced the same? Kind of concerning since it's a relatively new car and sounds like an old one! We love the car in every aspect except that one!

Defective Upholstery

J.R. McDaniel, 07/19/2015
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Front passenger upholstery detached underneath seat and would not stay attached when clipped back in place. I finally placed three paper clip clamps on the edge which have kept them in place. The back to one of the front seats detached and would not reattach. The dealership replaced both backs to the front seats as a factory defect at no cost to me. The plastic frame around the edge of the front passenger seat has now detached and will not reattach. I plan to again see if the dealer will help me on this issue. This 2013 Avalon now has a little over 18,000 miles. I shutter to think what shape these seats will be in at 180,000 miles.

Great Car but...

jpaul5, 07/21/2013

2013 Avalon Limited with every option. I really enjoy my Avalon. I would put it at 4 out of five stars for about every category. Overall, this car represents value for the money. It is sporty yet refined, pretty fun to drive if you never push the limits and has enough technology built in. It has its faults like every car and Toyota. It's no sports car. And for a Toyota I am not impressed with the build quality. Surprising problems with a falling headliner and rattling door with the stereo playing. I haven't had the rear view or dash glare problems that some have complained about. I mostly think those are bogus. Toyota's Entune works sporadically with my iPhone 4 and I am disappointed with it

Best Avalon yet.

Frank, 10/30/2017
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2008 Avalon for a 2013. Was a little worried when I read some negative reviews, but NONE of those issues turned out to be true for me. The seats are WAY better than my previous 2008. The ride is much sportier, especially in regard to steering and handling. Yes, you get a little more "roadfeel", but I'd rather feel that I have more precise control, which I definitely do with this new model. Motor is essentially the same as my 2008, and I had ZERO issues with that car (owned until 155K miles). Looks way less like a little old man's car, and more modern. Interior is way nicer, and road noise is way less than my 2008. Stereo is a HUGE improvement as well. Technology overall is impressive in the base model, which was not the case with previous Avalon base models. Great on the highway just like previous models. As far as resale value, nothing beat's Toyotas, especially the Avalon.

Nice car

megan03, 12/03/2012

Purchased 12/1. Great car. Awesome stereo. Got the Moulin Rouge with the Almond interior.....very difficult to find, dealer had to locate it. Curious as to why the Touring model they dealer swapped for this one had Michelin's but my Limited model has Bridgestones? This car feels more luxurious and has more space in it than the Cadillax XTS I drove and much better and smoother performance. Also looked at the ES350 which actually feels cheap compared to this car.

harsh ride derails a good car

maliblues1, 06/01/2013

Previous Avalon owners will be shocked at how harsh the ride of 2013 Avalon is. Small bumps are transmitted as sharp kicks into the cabin. Road noise is also pronounced on worn asphalt roads. The style of the car makes a rear view camera a must, however its an option. the camera is standard on the Honda accord. Headlights also have a sharp cutoff that makes reading some road signs difficult. The touch sensitive switches make it to easy to activate the wrong control.

Frankie

Ed, 03/04/2016
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Okay car>second one we have owned. Both have been too low and one could scrape easily. Rear visibility is poor. Ride is fair. Early Avalon's did better cost/per mile/time. Traction is fair. AWD would help. Front seats have no height adjustment on passenger seat. Side mirror helpers are great. Resale is great>above any book value. A Limited might be better auto than the touring?

2013 Toyota Avalon Touring

billyboy6, 04/20/2013

Nice car for the money. Bought at CarMax in Laural, MD. They gave me $3000 off MSRP. Worth every penny~ Drove it back home to PA and avg 28 mpg on the trip. Avg'ing 24 in mixed driving. Very sporty to drive, roomy, gorgeous interior, seats were a little hard but everything else was spot on. Love this car! I researched cars in the $33000 - $35,000 price range with NO cvt trannsmission and this was easily the best car in the price range. I test drove them all. The Honda Accord Touring was my 2nd fav.

Excellent Ride

col411, 02/01/2013

This car made me double take. I saw the new design and finally toyota is targeting a younger demographic. I have the Moulin Rouge with the black leather interior. The handling is great, good acceleration to get around traffic on the interstate. The seats are very comfortable. Entune is nice, the navigation is easier to manage than my 08 Sequoia Limited. I don't have the phone charging plate which is a head scratcher. The side mirrors should be power folding.But other than that I would highly recommend the new Avalon for anyone shopping for a large sedan. i commute 160 miles round trip to work and i love driving now.

Getting my 2013 Avalon Repaired

avalonowner63, 08/29/2013

I live in Alpharetta Ga and recently purchased a 2013 Avalon Touring Edition. I'm enjoying the car. However; I'm very disappointed with the dealership for customer "No Service". I took my car in for it's 5k servicing. A clip to the back panel of my drivers seat was faulty and the panel is coming off. I was told to come back tomorrow and they would repair it. When I drove back the next day, I waited 45 minutes for them to tell me they don't have one but will in a week. They would call me. They didn't. I call again, left message with service technician to call me. He did not. Called again. Part not in until October 24. Mind you it's August 29th.

Great Car

arillo, 04/01/2014
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just leased this car this past weekend. Looked at Impala, Taurus, 300, ES350 and Toyota Avalon. Decided to get the Avalon after driving the cars. The car handles great. Did not feel like past reviews that car was too stiff or noisy on highway. I will update this if it changes. No noise on the highway. Drove 1500 miles summer trip and average over 34mpg. I think that is great gas mileage for this car. Will probably buy at end of lease.

Comparison Review

Ashley Fletcher, 11/17/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had BMW's Mercedes, Lexus and Cadillacs and have enjoyed my Lexus and this Avalon Limited the best for ride comfort mileage and performance.

Sporty car with a ride to match.

Wesley L. Albert, 08/03/2018
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. Just oil changes and new tires when the originals wore out. The car handled great and had very good power and stopping ability. Sadly, it rode pretty rough with its low profile tires. The trunk was miniscule and the rear seat didn't fold down. Rear visibility was poor at best. Thankfully it had a rear camera and cross traffic sensors. The blind spot monitors worked well. Buy it if you don't need much cargo carrying capacity and like a sporty sedan and don't mind a less than ideal ride----a trade-off for the excellent handling. Good gas mileage.

Very Nice Ride

George B, 03/29/2019
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wife & Me love this car. Bought it August 2016 with 25000 miles, Certified Toyota Used Vehicle. Car has been trouble free, rides and runs perfect. Two things I wish were different 1.. Larger trunk lid opening. 2..Wish the rear seats folded down for more storage when needed

Good not great

Steven Bing, 12/16/2015
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

For the top of the line Toyota the quality not so great. Lot of rattles interior of car. Lots of road noise. Goes through bumps not over them. Very poor quality materials interior of car. From the carpet to the fit and finish. Paint quality marginal dull and prone to oxidation.. The engine and transmission are excellent. Excellent fuel economy on regular gas, all make up somewhat for other shortcomings. Overall well short of flagship for Toyota.

2013 Avalon Ltd Hybrid

lewbat, 09/02/2013
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had planned to purchase a Lexus 300H but found local Lexus dealers not buyer friendly. Decided to look at the Avalon as an alternative and made a purchase which I now regret. The hybrid platform performs wonderfully; power is adequate and economy is better than expected. So far with 5000 miles average MPG is 40.1 with 70pc highway at speeds 70+ MPH. My main issue with the vehicle is interior build quality/fit/finish. I have owned many cars over the years and not since the early 70's have I had a car with so many interior rattles. It is unpleasant to drive the vehicle on anything but newly paved roads. Ride quality is firm, but not unpleasant and seats are adequate for long drives.

Solid power-train, terrible interior quality

athacarguy, 04/21/2014

Toyotas will run forever and hybrid design is solid. The car is quiet and the seats are great. The interior build quality is terrible however. My headliner warped in the first 4K miles, the dash creaks and pops when you hit a dump and the door panels also creak constantly. A happy customer tells four people about their experience and unhappy customer tells 10 people. The crappy part is I have to sell it at a loss to buy the ford fusion. My gut told me to go with the ford and I should have followed it.

Bullet proof long term reliability

jimsrod, 01/29/2017
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car certified used. I love the interior space, luxury, performance and technology. I'd expect more from my local dealer (Lustine Toyota in Woodbridge, VA) but the car is worth the hassle and extreme lack of customer service. I'm surprised at the performance of this big car ... it's really in between a mid and large size sedan at 195" in length. The acceleration, responsiveness of the engine and transmission is great. The upgraded stereo in the Limited is nice and it's good to have some bass response for a change from a production car's sound system. People complain about the ride and when you hit some potholes it can be rough but I prefer a firmer ride and less body roll when cornering. The brakes I don't find to be spongy I think the pedal just takes a little more effort which I find to be better than brakes that are too responsive (like tapping the brake pedal and it jars you forward). Very good value and I find it to be an appealing choice to those that like their passengers in the rear to ride in comfort too.

Not Bad; not great

Val Herrer, 05/20/2018
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall our ‘13 Avalon is a compromise in meeting our expectations for comfort, quasi-sportiness, and initial quality. Best features include the space for 6’-4” legs and the visibility afforded to urban driving conditions. Mechanically, the vehicle is Toyota solid. Power-plant and powertrain deliver almost exhilarating and smooth performance. What’s annoying is the mediocre workmanship within the cabin’s interior. This car is highway driven >80% in Southern California’s vastly fair weather. Road noise is distractingly noticeable.. Headliner at the top edge of rear window and sewing/anchoring of driver-front leather seat (lowest front edge) have detached themselves. Adhesives or sewing required. The ride is a tad light - meaning not stout/solid and stable. Strictly applying money spent vesus a quality product in return, it would have been worth spending it elsewhere.

New to Avalon, but not to Toyota

Pat, 02/22/2020
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Update (8/28/20) After 6 months and approx 8000 miles of ownership I have to say overall I am very pleased with the 2013 Avalon. It's a very comfortable car. Powerful, safe, dependable. Front seats are firm but supportive and comfortable. Leather is holding up very well. Ended up replacing the 225/45/18 wheels & tires with 235/55/17's from an newer Avalon I found listed on Craigslist. Still a firm ride but much better and I like the looks of the larger size better. On smooth roads its perfect. Mountain roads its a pleasure to drive, almost sports car like. Gas mileage very good for a car this size and power in my opinion. A car like this is worth keeping so I'm already planning to get a full service soon (transmission fluid, coolant, belts, etc). Brakes were still like new last checked. I rate this car highly as a used car if you're looking for a luxury 4-door sedan. Will keep you posted in later reviews of its dependability. I really like the used 2013 Limited we just bought. 48,000 one owner original miles. The ride is more firm than I expected but I like the way it drives. We live where there are curvy mountain roads and it handles them well for a big car. The power from the 3.5 engine is amazing, more than I'll ever need and I'm still averaging 26 mpg even in the mountains. My kids love the roomy back seat and seat warmers they never had before. The front buckets are firm but comfortable. I've seen some negative reviews on here about the comfort and firm ride. I never rode in the older Avalon's which must have been more cushy, but I don't like the looks of the older Avalon's so never considered one. The JBL audio system is very good and the overall feel of the cabin, very warm and inviting. If I could change anything I would not put such low profile tires on it to enhance the ride quality and have the back seats fold down to enlarge the trunk when needed. Other than that I love the car and the Toyota reliability.

Why does Toyota not want to fix issues

davisfm1, 02/07/2013

Bought a beautiful 2013 Toyota Avalon. Two weeks later noticed what appears to be defective piece on the dashboard. Toyota Corp and the dealership do not want to fix. Bought car 50 miles away from home and local dealership ask where I bought car from. The moral of this post is, dont buy car at night and make sure you love every inch when you drive it off the lot as Toyota is not really willing to stand behind any defect they may have left you with. Good product, Poor Customer support. Toyota should learn how to stand behind there product better!

Vinny

vinny, 03/07/2016
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been more than satisfied with this vehicle. It was a great value for the price.

2013 Toyota Avalon

Tracie Sibley, 12/01/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I Had a 2006 Toyota Avalon Limited!!...BEST Car Ever!!!... I should have Researched about the Body Changes on the New Avalon, because it's 3-4 Smaller interior, Rough Ride!!!...Poor Lighting for the GPs..etc!!!...I have always driven a Toyota for the last 25 yrs and Now I just got this Car & about to TRADE in for a BUICK Lacross because of the Luxury ride & Room!!!....DO NOT BUY This Car unless you Test Drive off & On for 2-3 wks!!!

What was Toyota thinking with the the Suspension on 2013 Avalon?

yardmen, 10/04/2013

I am a previous Avalon owner of two Avalon's. They were good cars. Now I own a 2013 Avalon. The ride is very harsh with bumps being transmitted into the cabin as noticeable knocks. Road noise is terrible on worn asphalts and concrete roads. The head lights cut off to soon on low beam. The seats are very hard making a long trip unpleasant. I now wish that I had not purchased this car.

Overall

baratis1, 07/21/2013

Very Disappointed!!

optimusprime1, 06/27/2013

A new car and the Headliner is already peeling, the dealership gave no explanation and said they have ordered a new one, seriously is this new Toyota standards. Cabin noise is too much on the highway. Took to my dealer, the supervisor of the service center said cabin noise was normal. For a high end car which is comparable to the Lexus ES350 I think the cabin noise is too much and Toyota must do something about it. Anyone else who has the Avalon please put your reviews on NHTSA.gov and Edmunds. AT 75 mph I hear a lot of wind noise around the car and at one point there was a lot of noise coming from the front windshield and Toyota and the dealership are not willing to fix it.

Stretched Camry

Roger Evans, 10/31/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drive it a day or 2 before you buy it. Not the soft ride of the pre 2013s. Great handling, performance, gas mileage, cabin space reliability. Decorative panels on passenger seats must be replaced as a recall. I like the power and mileage(30-31) of the v6.fits in well in any parking lot. It is a longer car to navigate in parking lots. Great road trip car

Luxury without the price of luxury

David Lewandoski, 09/25/2016
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I couldn't ask for a better luxurious car for the money than my 2013 Toyota Avalon "Touring" edition ! Not my first Avalon and won't be my last.

Lexis ES 350

John, 04/05/2019
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

You are getting a Lexis for the price of a Toyota!

Good car if you have low expectations

redfishfl, 10/16/2013

I have been a happy Toyota customer all my adult life (now 55 and had only one non-toyota). I am very frustrated with this car. I suppose if one has low expectations, then this is the car for you..I feel like a sucker for purchasing it.. I feel like I have a 'super Corolla',... not at all the car I wanted to give my wife. We purchased this car for long rides, and I only see this being acceptable for around town. Toyota has taught me a lesson I will not forget. It seems to me that Toyota has left the upscale market, and is leaving that for Lexus' territory. Seriously, I'm not being too harsh. Check it out for yourself.

Rather drive a Buick or Volvo

Stan Sellstrom, 10/01/2015
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Seating comfort is AWFUL, plastic backs of front seats are broken/dealer doesn't have parts for recall, the sound system is awful, the MPG is poor, the original low profile tires are awful in rain or light snow, ride is awful, the front air dam has been replaced and repaired TWICE $1,100 AND $ 1,900 BECAUSE OF LOW CLEARANCE breakage, tire pressure monitor is inadequate plus doesn't show actual tire psi pressures, need to add air in front tires weekly but tire store can't find leaks, battery poor for wintertime, gas gage reads 3-4 gallons off, speedometer differs from digital readout by 3-4 mph, cruse control slows 4-5 mph up hills and speeds up 10-12 mph down hill, seat padding is thin and lumpy, seats don't slide back far enough for tall driver, air conditioning inadequate above 85 degrees,

Best car I have ever had

Joseph Morrow, 05/11/2017
XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I can't believe I'm doing this. First because I can't believe I'm actually saying it's the "best" car I've ever had, since I've had some really cool cars in my life. My first was a new '68 Chevy Nova in High School (Class of '70), then a '74 Chevelle convertible after college, An AMC Javelin muscle car, 76 Lincoln Continental, 78 Mazda RX 4 with rotary engine, then a 79, RX4 with more luxury features and killer stereo...skip to 2007 after a variety of other cars from Pontiac Grand Am to Chrysler LeBaron Coupe, when it got the big upgrade in 88-89. But it was the 2007 Acura TL, that held the title for my favorite car until I had to trade it in. That is when I first saw the 2013 Avalon. It was superior in every way, from touch panel controls to exterior design, to trunk room that reminds you of the old cartoon with Bugs Bunny, who enters what looks like a tiny tent on the outside, but is palace size inside. It fooled me as the Audi A7 from the side and the elongated roof line that disguises that deep trunk and big back seat with plenty of leg room for everyone but an NBA star. Every detail is really, not kidding, just....well...gorgeous! It has been a long time when I have muttered to myself after returning home from a store run-"I LOVE this car!" Sorry Lexus, your Star Wars, radically angled, immense, radiator cover design is so ugly to me that I couldn't buy one. The only thing worse, in my opinion, is anything with the Buick name on it! Talk about ugly! They are right about "it sure doesn't look like a Buick!" From the company that gave us the Riviera, possibly the most beautiful car GM ever made, it sure doesn't look like a Buick-"Oh, My!". Just a little out of my league in 6th grade to High School Jr. We never had anything like the Avalon, except in magazines with designs of "CARS OF THE FUTURE". The Avalon, from front lights to rear lights, interior dashboard and audio, style and quality is superb and the seats are MUCH more comfortable than the Acura. That said, I do have an entirely fused back, from skull to butt, that cars aren't designed for. Somehow I am able to configure these seats without needing a pillow or other support cushion, that always had to be moved around. I don't mean to make the Acura sound bad. It wasn't. It was a wonderful car. So beautiful in its sleek, smooth, elegant, lines and legendary reliability-remember it was a 2007, that was still in great shape, until it was totaled by a friend who borrowed it. That is when I went for a trade in. At the Dealership I was at, looking for a newer Acura, I turned and saw the Avalon. WHAT IS THAT? I asked. He told me it was a Toyota. It couldn't be. For some reason I had never seen one of these before, which is strange, because it grabbed my attention immediately. Which brings us to this "Testimony" of a car review. Folks, this is NOT our parents Toyota. At 65, I really do remember the little box-like Volkswagen Beetles, called TOYotas-Remember? That's what Toyotas and Datsun's (Nissan) were then. No more! Why oh why must it have "toy" in its name. It doesn't have any word but "Avalon" on it, but the sedate logo is almost invisible because of the truly head turning styling, that I just can't get enough of. Even the way they craft the rear lights into the lines of the bumper and side panels is just perfect. I can assure you that I will want to trade this in ONLY on a newer Avalon. I don't know how I could give a better review than this. Further, you may look in vain for other car reviews by me from the past, since I have never done one for any company before. Again, with cars like the first Mazda's with the new rotary engines that were wonderful, to the virtual Navy aircraft carrier, Lincoln Continental, to the Acura, I have never had a car that just has it all- beauty, performance, comfort and cutting edge technology, like the Toyota Avalon. Hold your noses up high Jaguar or Mercedes owners, this Japanese car will give all of them a run for the money.

51050