Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Used Avalon for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

After a couple of months

2013limited, 03/26/2013

I was shopping for luxury replacements for my 2007 Avalon XL when the new 2013 first showed up at my dealer. It changed my whole perspective. It was not like any Avalon that I had seen! The interior was completely changed and the tan variation was sporty and masculine. The drive and control felt like some of the performance cars that I had before. It was a no brainer, I could have the looks, luxury, and performance that I wanted with the reliability of a Toyota and for $30,000 less cost (I paid cash). I didn't realize how "nice" it could be to drive a car...I really enjoy my time on the road.

Awesome car

wilk, 04/19/2013

I purchased my 2013 Avalon XLE Premium 6 weeks ago. I selected the metallic black with tan interior. I have gotten a lot of comments from friends, valets, and doorman on the car. They are blown away with the look and feel of the car inside and out. I commute 50 miles a day and now love my commute. Traded in a 2004 Nissan Maxima LS. While it was a great car it does not even come close to the style quality and performance of my Avalon. I am a true believer and could not be happier with my Avalon!

Avalon Definitely Not A Bomb

Chris Jones, 04/19/2016
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our third Avalon. With that being said, it is refreshing to see that 2013 received a lot of design changes on the exterior as well as the interior. I have to say I like every one of them including the tires and wheels. We were lucky to find a 2013 with only 16500 miles on it. I think I got a fair deal, but not what I consider a great deal. I really like the ride comfort, and the instrumentation on it. My last Avalon had the 6 disc changer instead of GPS, and it was a limited also. I would still be driving it if not for some screwball that blasted us from the back on I-40 doing 40 mph while traffic was stopped. It totaled the car. I do get 31 on the highway and it rounds out to about 25 mph on highway and city driving. I really have fallen in love with the Avalon all over again with the new design. I highly recommend anyone looking for an Avalon to pay a few extra bucks and get it loaded with a limited model. The car handles well with the Michelin tires, and I'll be giving it a total road trip from North Carolina to Florida shortly. I can't wait.

So far good except

bigpaulie, 08/22/2014

So I have 42k on the car. It has been reliable and low maintenance. The backs of both seats have fallen off. I went to Toyota and they said it is a common defect but since I drive a lot they want $800 to fix. It is clearly a poor design but Toyota doesn't respond. I bought the 120k bumper to bumper but was told after it isn't bumper to bumper and that they "have good sales people". My car is embarrassing to sit in.

Beware of buying the 2013 Avalon Limited

bill440, 09/07/2013

I've owned this car for less than a week and have 2 problems with it, the back of the driver side seat panel broke and the headliner is falling down. The sad part of this story is that Toyota knows about these problems and kept letting dealers sell this defective car. This is not an isolated incident, check Toyota Nation to read other owners with this same issue. Toyota is finally issuing a bulletin to the dealer on these problems. The dealer will fix it under warranty but I don't feel the same, I expect a new car to be trouble free not have to be rebuilt.

Premium Car Price Without Premium Ride, Quietness or Seat Comfort

gemigniani1, 09/24/2013

2013 Avalon does not not feel like a $35,000 premium sedan. The ride is busy because even small road imperfections are felt and heard. There's no sound insulation under the carpets or in the doors so the road noise level is high like being in a Corolla. The front seat bottoms are small in size and thinly padded. So my seat bottom gets sore after only 20 miles of highway driving. The only "premium" car qualities that the 2013 Avalon has are rock solid directional stability on the highway, a smooth, quiet and responsive engine and transmission, and a fairly luxurious looking and feeling interior.

Disappointing Comfort

larbaker, 08/05/2014
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Although this is a great car, it comes up short on one item I think most Avalon Limited buyers want and that is COMFORT. I know they are trying to reach the younger set and apparently have done so from sales figures, I believe they went too far on ride/comfort. We purchased our Avalon Feb 2013 and just had it in for 15,000 mile service. We take a 400 mile trip about once a month. On the first trip in Feb 13 I noticed at the 100 mile mark that I couldn't get comfortable in the seats - felt hard. I didn't say anything, but the next month my wife(its her car) said these seats aren't comfortable. She said the other day I want a new car - one that has comfortable seats and softer tires.

Great vehicle for a long trip anywhere!

mr_hydraulics, 04/10/2013

I purchased the new Limited for a recent trip to the Southeast. The car's performance was wonderful and very comfortable for the long haul. The bonus features were the navigation system and blind spot warning system. Stereo system was awesome. I especially appreciated the comforts of adjustable ventilated/heated seats and lumbard/thigh support. We loaded the car with golf clubs and three larger suitcases with room to spare. Great handling/ride/responsiveness. Our trip was around 3300 miles and averaged 31.0 MPG - in combined driving - fully loaded. This was somewhat surprizing, as the lowest MPG was 27, when climbing into higher elevations. Great Toyota- great ride.

Nice ride but needs a few things.

mongoose5, 03/25/2013

The Avalon is nice and has a high quality interior look. But the things that you notice after you buy the car matter. The seats need some more cushion. We rode a couple hours before our bottoms hurt. My Corolla is a good 5 1/2 hour seat. Where are the bottle holders in the doors? They are absent front and rear. So on a trip with three in the back with the armrest folded up, the rear seat passengers will not have a single place to store drinks. I like more than one drink myself, especially living in a desert area. I would also appreciate it if the two cupholders up front were cooled. Power is good in this V/6, Best mileage on a road trip with a full trunk and three passengers was 29.5 mpg hwy

Toyota Scores With Epic Retool

Chris Jones, 03/10/2016
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Avalon is a brilliant piece of machinery. The aerodynamic lines are perfectly matched to create a breathtaking image. We bought ours used with only about 16.5k miles on her. From the moment I laid eyes on it, I knew I had to have it. The interior is a spaceship like masterpiece. The touch sensitive buttons make life so much easier and less likely to break. The heated/ventilated front seats are also a pleasure to use. On the exterior, one of the impressive things is the LED running lights. The rear LED tail lights is also a great addition to this body style. I would have to say that I enjoy driving this Avalon Limited quite a bit more than the previous 3 Limited's I've owned. Granted, it's handling and steering is much stiffer, but i prefer to feel the road. The seats are fine, a little stiff, but they hld up well, and are universally adjustable. Overall, I would say if you can find a used 2013 with low mileage, it's a no brainer. Buy it.

12345...7