Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Used Avalon for Sale
Select your model:
1...234567

Pros
Cons

Downsized - I hate that!

dustync, 08/24/2013

Really got sucked in by the new and beautiful exterior of the 2013 Avalon. Only to find it so very uncomfortable compared to my 2011. Did not sink in until after the purchase that this car is 2" shorter than it's predecessor, with most of that coming off the rear passenger leg room, which is Critical TOYOTA! I often have my office associates with me, and they are big guys! Now they are cramped! Why would you make the flagship car.... SMALLER? If I wanted small, I would buy the Camry. And the front seat is narrower, and less comfortable. Front seat comfort of the Avalon has always been an issue; now it's much worse! (for the distance driver).

Proud!!

Phillip Tatum, 02/10/2017
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2013 Toyota Avalon, Limited Edition, is undoubtedly the finest automobile I've ever owned...which is 37 total. Also, own 2015 Camry XLE Hybrid. My next purchase of a new Avalon will be the Hybrid version! 2/10/18

2013 Avalon Limited owner

John, 05/31/2017
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned. We bought a 2013 white Toyota Avalon Limited in 2016 and we are very happy with our purchase. For the money, the Avalon provides a nice luxurious feel with the refined leather interior and sleek dashboard. Very smart technology package. The redesigned exterior, and in particular, the rear of the car give it a very fancy and sleek look. My wife and I are in our late 20's and early 30's range, and we love this car! CONS: A bit of a rough ride when driving over potholes and uneven/unpaved roads. The struts and suspension could use some re-engineering for future models.

My late review

T Rahn, 06/03/2017
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I know this review is on the late side, i guess better late than never. When the new design of the Avalon came out in 2013, I thought it was a great improvement than the previous years. I purchased the Limited model in October 2013 and after owning the Avalon for over 3 years, i feel that i can give a better review. I agree with a lot of the comments about the Avalon, for instance, the seats are NOT comfortable, hard to get in and out of the car due to low roof line, the ride is not very smooth and loud road noise, this is due to the low profile tires. handling is alright, very sensitive buttons for the climate control and radio, trunk light is a major joke, a candle puts out more light. The Avalon is not a car to take a long trip in, its good for around town or a short trip no more than 2 hours. The performance and reliability have been great. The gas mileage has been decent. I guess i accepted the 2013 Avalon to be like my mothers 2007 Avalon, which had a better ride, comfortable seats, easy to get in and out of the car, smooth riding and quiet. What a difference between the two cars

Avalon: The Thinking Man’s Mercedes

Joe Sedita, 06/18/2018

Quiet, roomy, swift, smooth

Quick, quiet and comfortable — just as expected

Snow Driver, 12/21/2019
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive about 25,000 miles a year, frequently with a car full of clients. The 10k miles I've put on my used 2013 Avalon Limited (purchased with 59,000 on the clock) have been a pleasure. This is my second Avalon so I knew what to expect. Smooth ride, lots of room, and comfortable seats. With the right tires (I mounted Yokahoma Grand Touring YK740's) cruising is quiet and snow/rain handling is great for year-round Colorado driving. I gave my 2013 car a 2019 infotainment system so now I have AppleCarPlay and Android Auto just like the new Avalons. Why not 5 stars? The handling's a little front heavy and rocks to and fro a bit (as I had read in several reviews) and not as evenly planted like GM's big cars (the Impalas and LaCrosse's I rent frequently). Also, the interior will occasionally offer some odd squeaks that are hard to pin down (and potentially fix). But I had read about these 2 issues before I bought the car so neither are a surprise and neither are a deal-breaker for me. Just keeps it from 5 stars.

Great place to spend time

Moulin Rouge, 02/13/2020
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've enjoyed the 10k miles we've put so far on our used Limited. It's our third second-hand Avalon and all have been quiet, quick and comfortable. We swapped out the 2013 JBL stereo for a higher end 2019 model with the latest connectivity + Garmin so long highway trips are a multimedia joy. Heated & cooled seats, great stereo, low road noise, nice handling — there's lots to like here. We verified through Toyota records that our car had the notorious problem setbacks replaced early in its life. If this Avalon performs like our others, we'll get 100,000 trouble-free miles for such low dough, then sell it on Craigslist and get another ... used Avalon.

Clock of Avalon is a big disappointment

sl465, 01/22/2013

Everything seems to be perfect with 2013 Avalon. But, unfortunately, the clock is awful, to say the least. It is not digital, and you can only read 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock, or 15, 30, and 45 minutes. In-between there are no marks. So, one literally has to stare at the clock for a minute to judge the positions of hour and minute handles in order to figure out the exact time. A clock inside a car should be functional not for decoration purpose, because when one is driving on the highway, he has only microseconds to read the clock without causing an accident. It is totally beyond me why Toyota "design" a clock that people can't read the time from.

did i buy a lemon?

shades2, 08/09/2013

it was our 30th annivery i wanted too suprise my wife with something really nice i bought her the 2013 avalon tour loaded too the max with two tone leather .1st 1500 miles was great then the back of the drivers seat broke 2200 miles the passenger seat broke....2600 miles the neadliner gave way....they have fixed this but they say toyota has no cure fore the problem n so the car has 2800 miles now for that 40000 i gave for this theres no way i could have these problems all ready already been thru the chain of command and what did i get?..call us if you have any more problems.....

Phone interface average

David, 05/01/2016
XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I would like to see a software upgrade so that I could see what is on my phone screen instead of the Entune interface on the dashboard monitor. Everything is on the phone, don't need the Entune program.

1...234567