Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Used Avalon for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

2013 Toyota Avalon

Tracie Sibley, 12/01/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I Had a 2006 Toyota Avalon Limited!!...BEST Car Ever!!!... I should have Researched about the Body Changes on the New Avalon, because it's 3-4 Smaller interior, Rough Ride!!!...Poor Lighting for the GPs..etc!!!...I have always driven a Toyota for the last 25 yrs and Now I just got this Car & about to TRADE in for a BUICK Lacross because of the Luxury ride & Room!!!....DO NOT BUY This Car unless you Test Drive off & On for 2-3 wks!!!

What was Toyota thinking with the the Suspension on 2013 Avalon?

yardmen, 10/04/2013

I am a previous Avalon owner of two Avalon's. They were good cars. Now I own a 2013 Avalon. The ride is very harsh with bumps being transmitted into the cabin as noticeable knocks. Road noise is terrible on worn asphalts and concrete roads. The head lights cut off to soon on low beam. The seats are very hard making a long trip unpleasant. I now wish that I had not purchased this car.

Overall

baratis1, 07/21/2013

Very Disappointed!!

optimusprime1, 06/27/2013

A new car and the Headliner is already peeling, the dealership gave no explanation and said they have ordered a new one, seriously is this new Toyota standards. Cabin noise is too much on the highway. Took to my dealer, the supervisor of the service center said cabin noise was normal. For a high end car which is comparable to the Lexus ES350 I think the cabin noise is too much and Toyota must do something about it. Anyone else who has the Avalon please put your reviews on NHTSA.gov and Edmunds. AT 75 mph I hear a lot of wind noise around the car and at one point there was a lot of noise coming from the front windshield and Toyota and the dealership are not willing to fix it.

Luxury without the price of luxury

David Lewandoski, 09/25/2016
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I couldn't ask for a better luxurious car for the money than my 2013 Toyota Avalon "Touring" edition ! Not my first Avalon and won't be my last.

Lexis ES 350

John, 04/05/2019
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

You are getting a Lexis for the price of a Toyota!

Good car if you have low expectations

redfishfl, 10/16/2013

I have been a happy Toyota customer all my adult life (now 55 and had only one non-toyota). I am very frustrated with this car. I suppose if one has low expectations, then this is the car for you..I feel like a sucker for purchasing it.. I feel like I have a 'super Corolla',... not at all the car I wanted to give my wife. We purchased this car for long rides, and I only see this being acceptable for around town. Toyota has taught me a lesson I will not forget. It seems to me that Toyota has left the upscale market, and is leaving that for Lexus' territory. Seriously, I'm not being too harsh. Check it out for yourself.

Rather drive a Buick or Volvo

Stan Sellstrom, 10/01/2015
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Seating comfort is AWFUL, plastic backs of front seats are broken/dealer doesn't have parts for recall, the sound system is awful, the MPG is poor, the original low profile tires are awful in rain or light snow, ride is awful, the front air dam has been replaced and repaired TWICE $1,100 AND $ 1,900 BECAUSE OF LOW CLEARANCE breakage, tire pressure monitor is inadequate plus doesn't show actual tire psi pressures, need to add air in front tires weekly but tire store can't find leaks, battery poor for wintertime, gas gage reads 3-4 gallons off, speedometer differs from digital readout by 3-4 mph, cruse control slows 4-5 mph up hills and speeds up 10-12 mph down hill, seat padding is thin and lumpy, seats don't slide back far enough for tall driver, air conditioning inadequate above 85 degrees,

Stretched Camry

Roger Evans, 10/31/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drive it a day or 2 before you buy it. Not the soft ride of the pre 2013s. Great handling, performance, gas mileage, cabin space reliability. Decorative panels on passenger seats must be replaced as a recall. I like the power and mileage(30-31) of the v6.fits in well in any parking lot. It is a longer car to navigate in parking lots. Great road trip car

Best car I have ever had

Joseph Morrow, 05/11/2017
XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I can't believe I'm doing this. First because I can't believe I'm actually saying it's the "best" car I've ever had, since I've had some really cool cars in my life. My first was a new '68 Chevy Nova in High School (Class of '70), then a '74 Chevelle convertible after college, An AMC Javelin muscle car, 76 Lincoln Continental, 78 Mazda RX 4 with rotary engine, then a 79, RX4 with more luxury features and killer stereo...skip to 2007 after a variety of other cars from Pontiac Grand Am to Chrysler LeBaron Coupe, when it got the big upgrade in 88-89. But it was the 2007 Acura TL, that held the title for my favorite car until I had to trade it in. That is when I first saw the 2013 Avalon. It was superior in every way, from touch panel controls to exterior design, to trunk room that reminds you of the old cartoon with Bugs Bunny, who enters what looks like a tiny tent on the outside, but is palace size inside. It fooled me as the Audi A7 from the side and the elongated roof line that disguises that deep trunk and big back seat with plenty of leg room for everyone but an NBA star. Every detail is really, not kidding, just....well...gorgeous! It has been a long time when I have muttered to myself after returning home from a store run-"I LOVE this car!" Sorry Lexus, your Star Wars, radically angled, immense, radiator cover design is so ugly to me that I couldn't buy one. The only thing worse, in my opinion, is anything with the Buick name on it! Talk about ugly! They are right about "it sure doesn't look like a Buick!" From the company that gave us the Riviera, possibly the most beautiful car GM ever made, it sure doesn't look like a Buick-"Oh, My!". Just a little out of my league in 6th grade to High School Jr. We never had anything like the Avalon, except in magazines with designs of "CARS OF THE FUTURE". The Avalon, from front lights to rear lights, interior dashboard and audio, style and quality is superb and the seats are MUCH more comfortable than the Acura. That said, I do have an entirely fused back, from skull to butt, that cars aren't designed for. Somehow I am able to configure these seats without needing a pillow or other support cushion, that always had to be moved around. I don't mean to make the Acura sound bad. It wasn't. It was a wonderful car. So beautiful in its sleek, smooth, elegant, lines and legendary reliability-remember it was a 2007, that was still in great shape, until it was totaled by a friend who borrowed it. That is when I went for a trade in. At the Dealership I was at, looking for a newer Acura, I turned and saw the Avalon. WHAT IS THAT? I asked. He told me it was a Toyota. It couldn't be. For some reason I had never seen one of these before, which is strange, because it grabbed my attention immediately. Which brings us to this "Testimony" of a car review. Folks, this is NOT our parents Toyota. At 65, I really do remember the little box-like Volkswagen Beetles, called TOYotas-Remember? That's what Toyotas and Datsun's (Nissan) were then. No more! Why oh why must it have "toy" in its name. It doesn't have any word but "Avalon" on it, but the sedate logo is almost invisible because of the truly head turning styling, that I just can't get enough of. Even the way they craft the rear lights into the lines of the bumper and side panels is just perfect. I can assure you that I will want to trade this in ONLY on a newer Avalon. I don't know how I could give a better review than this. Further, you may look in vain for other car reviews by me from the past, since I have never done one for any company before. Again, with cars like the first Mazda's with the new rotary engines that were wonderful, to the virtual Navy aircraft carrier, Lincoln Continental, to the Acura, I have never had a car that just has it all- beauty, performance, comfort and cutting edge technology, like the Toyota Avalon. Hold your noses up high Jaguar or Mercedes owners, this Japanese car will give all of them a run for the money.

12345...7