Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Used Avalon for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Defective Upholstery

J.R. McDaniel, 07/19/2015
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Front passenger upholstery detached underneath seat and would not stay attached when clipped back in place. I finally placed three paper clip clamps on the edge which have kept them in place. The back to one of the front seats detached and would not reattach. The dealership replaced both backs to the front seats as a factory defect at no cost to me. The plastic frame around the edge of the front passenger seat has now detached and will not reattach. I plan to again see if the dealer will help me on this issue. This 2013 Avalon now has a little over 18,000 miles. I shutter to think what shape these seats will be in at 180,000 miles.

Great Car but...

jpaul5, 07/21/2013

2013 Avalon Limited with every option. I really enjoy my Avalon. I would put it at 4 out of five stars for about every category. Overall, this car represents value for the money. It is sporty yet refined, pretty fun to drive if you never push the limits and has enough technology built in. It has its faults like every car and Toyota. It's no sports car. And for a Toyota I am not impressed with the build quality. Surprising problems with a falling headliner and rattling door with the stereo playing. I haven't had the rear view or dash glare problems that some have complained about. I mostly think those are bogus. Toyota's Entune works sporadically with my iPhone 4 and I am disappointed with it

Nice car

megan03, 12/03/2012

Purchased 12/1. Great car. Awesome stereo. Got the Moulin Rouge with the Almond interior.....very difficult to find, dealer had to locate it. Curious as to why the Touring model they dealer swapped for this one had Michelin's but my Limited model has Bridgestones? This car feels more luxurious and has more space in it than the Cadillax XTS I drove and much better and smoother performance. Also looked at the ES350 which actually feels cheap compared to this car.

harsh ride derails a good car

maliblues1, 06/01/2013

Previous Avalon owners will be shocked at how harsh the ride of 2013 Avalon is. Small bumps are transmitted as sharp kicks into the cabin. Road noise is also pronounced on worn asphalt roads. The style of the car makes a rear view camera a must, however its an option. the camera is standard on the Honda accord. Headlights also have a sharp cutoff that makes reading some road signs difficult. The touch sensitive switches make it to easy to activate the wrong control.

Frankie

Ed, 03/04/2016
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Okay car>second one we have owned. Both have been too low and one could scrape easily. Rear visibility is poor. Ride is fair. Early Avalon's did better cost/per mile/time. Traction is fair. AWD would help. Front seats have no height adjustment on passenger seat. Side mirror helpers are great. Resale is great>above any book value. A Limited might be better auto than the touring?

2013 Toyota Avalon Touring

billyboy6, 04/20/2013

Nice car for the money. Bought at CarMax in Laural, MD. They gave me $3000 off MSRP. Worth every penny~ Drove it back home to PA and avg 28 mpg on the trip. Avg'ing 24 in mixed driving. Very sporty to drive, roomy, gorgeous interior, seats were a little hard but everything else was spot on. Love this car! I researched cars in the $33000 - $35,000 price range with NO cvt trannsmission and this was easily the best car in the price range. I test drove them all. The Honda Accord Touring was my 2nd fav.

Excellent Ride

col411, 02/01/2013

This car made me double take. I saw the new design and finally toyota is targeting a younger demographic. I have the Moulin Rouge with the black leather interior. The handling is great, good acceleration to get around traffic on the interstate. The seats are very comfortable. Entune is nice, the navigation is easier to manage than my 08 Sequoia Limited. I don't have the phone charging plate which is a head scratcher. The side mirrors should be power folding.But other than that I would highly recommend the new Avalon for anyone shopping for a large sedan. i commute 160 miles round trip to work and i love driving now.

Getting my 2013 Avalon Repaired

avalonowner63, 08/29/2013

I live in Alpharetta Ga and recently purchased a 2013 Avalon Touring Edition. I'm enjoying the car. However; I'm very disappointed with the dealership for customer "No Service". I took my car in for it's 5k servicing. A clip to the back panel of my drivers seat was faulty and the panel is coming off. I was told to come back tomorrow and they would repair it. When I drove back the next day, I waited 45 minutes for them to tell me they don't have one but will in a week. They would call me. They didn't. I call again, left message with service technician to call me. He did not. Called again. Part not in until October 24. Mind you it's August 29th.

Great Car

arillo, 04/01/2014
XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just leased this car this past weekend. Looked at Impala, Taurus, 300, ES350 and Toyota Avalon. Decided to get the Avalon after driving the cars. The car handles great. Did not feel like past reviews that car was too stiff or noisy on highway. I will update this if it changes. No noise on the highway. Drove 1500 miles summer trip and average over 34mpg. I think that is great gas mileage for this car. Will probably buy at end of lease.

Comparison Review

Ashley Fletcher, 11/17/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had BMW's Mercedes, Lexus and Cadillacs and have enjoyed my Lexus and this Avalon Limited the best for ride comfort mileage and performance.

12345...7