Used 2003 Subaru Baja Consumer Reviews

Used Baja for Sale
Select your model:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

Great concept, lacking execution

Dave, 01/08/2006
Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

With 40k high speed and around town (yes, Home Depot!) driving, I have fallen out of love with the Baja, but still respect it. Love the versatility and carrying capacity (quite amazing really, with some creativity). Handling at higher speeds is very good after replacement of the awful OEM tires. Fold down seats, bed extension, poke through door into bed, all great with signature AWD. With the base 2.5l, acceleration is by appointment only. Tranny seems confused and gets in its own way. Wind noise has been a consistent problem, even after service that helped, some. And at 40k this has had more "little" failures and issues than seems characteristic of Subaru.

What a great surprise!

2 Bees, 04/18/2009
Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My husband brought his Subaru down to the states from Canada 10 years ago.In South Florida it was an "oddball" to say the least. When we moved to Las Vegas it was in much better company but getting old. While in the dealership for service we watched the Baja's get unloaded, once I saw the yellow one I was hooked! Between the quality and finish I love this car. (No, it's not a truck!) What a blast dashing through the Las Vegas wash in this vehicle, great for off road adventures! I now participate in art festivals and only a minivan will out do this baby. We had a kayak carrier built we love everything about our Baja!

Great vehicle

AZ, 05/30/2009
AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. 167000 miles and no troubles, do all the maintenance myself. Very easy to change oil, plugs, belts, and fuel and air filters. I have hauled a variety of things - trencher, lumber, eight 5 gallon paint buckets - very versatile vehicle. Feels like a car but has some truck utility. Get average of 27mpg. Drive 6 miles of dirt road every day and it is still holding up - all neighbors have had to replace their cars but my Subaru keeps going and going.

Excellent vehicle

BajaMan, 07/09/2009
AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle as a replacement for my 1994 Jeep Wrangler in December 2002. I was attracted by the fact it was a car and a truck and it's all wheel drive. So far the only major problem was the battery went flat about a year ago for no apparent reason.

I love my Baja

mcharmon, 10/23/2006
Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Baja. I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off, but from what I hear, that will never happen. My Baja gets good gas mileage, it's sharp looking and it's really fun to drive. Mine is a 5-speed manual, and it will really get up and go. In the mountains, I lock in the cruise at the speed limit and pass everybody else on the road because they can't make it up the mountain, and I go right up as if it were level ground. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned.

12345...20