Used 2009 Scion xD Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion xD Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:

This is a great little runabout in all weather!
By RonA

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When we bought ours Scion XD new we had a clear bra installed as well as had the windows tinted an additional %. We traded in a Toyota Corolla which is another great vehicle. Although they both had the same trans an engines the Corolla got better mileage. Our best thus far with our XD has been 38mpg on highway the corolla got 40/41mpg on the highway. One big note is that these 1.8 motors do not run as well on 5W30 motor oil. Many shops these days still use that verses what the motor requirements are. The 1.8L oil filler cap shows 0W20/5W20. We changed our 1.8L from 5W20 to Synthetic 0W20. Our MPG is better an runs cooler overall this is a great runabout. Great for Small family or college students. Our 2009 Scion has had minor interior an exterior upgrades added armrest W/storage compartment, mud flaps, hubcaps, etc. With 56K its perfect for city/Highway.

As Reliable and Economical as can be
By Stutz 1

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

A dream to park, Usually average $20-25 to fill up tank! Bought car used with 40,000 miles and have never had any problems. Car has 105000 miles now. If you are over 6' tall, pick another vehicle

My little Zippy
By Nancy McDonough

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very uncomfortable ride. Paint didn't hold up at all. Have been almost run off road due to small size. Resale value sucks

Seats hurt lower back
By chadsurfer8

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car is great over all.
but ......

- major problem is the front seats hurt my lower back after 30 min or more drives. the lower back support has a hard bar that hurts. like a fold out couch sofa that has a bar going through the cushion in the middle. The lower cushion is not big enough and leaves my legs hanging. No adjustment for leg height. I am 5'9'' and 170 lbs girls may not have this problem.
i just replaced the seats yesterday with$500 TC seats set

- fast for economy car.

- i get 26 city and 32 hwy, i drive a little fast

- great quality, just the sun visor has a line looks unfinished

- Great look inside and out.

- small like a SUV that was shrunk down.

- cargo good

- Looks inside and out. - Dash and great Radio - Great MPG 29AVG - power windows, locks, keyless entry. - fold down back seats. - really easy to park so small. - has a clock

- when seats fold flat the gap is filled with a cheep piece of cardboard, the gap should be filled with the seats and not a piece of cardboard. and go flat to the floor not raised up. (honda Fit has this) - ipod connecter should be USB and not a wired cord for the ipod. And the ipod should be able to be charged when you are connected to the Radio, it will not charge currently. (Pionner has radios that do this) - add more adjustments to seat like a lumbar support, lumbar support adjustment, leg height adjustment, (Scion TC seats have leg adjust only on driver side). - add a telescoping steering wheel. (toyota prius has this) -add outside temp gage. (a lot of cars have this)

Xd save me lots of $$$
By kmpennington

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Tottally worth the money!!!
I have the 2009 model, I drove to Kingsport TN from Hudson, NC...all mountain terrain and still got a whopping 33 mpg...I do have the 5speed though. I loved the way it drives and that it fills up for 40.00. I would drive my scion anywhere short distance or long distance.

I like how the scion sits, not like a sports car but more like a small suv. Additionnally the gas mileage! I went from driving a Lincoln Navigator to the scion, and am tottally STOKED! I also love the stereo and how the controls are on the steering wheel.

The seating could have more options in the driver and passenger side. Go up or down...something there is only 1 seating setting and that is it. Also, better speakers in the back awesome stereo but NOT awesome sound. I am thinking about upgrading my sound system.