Used 2009 Scion xD Consumer Reviews

Used xD for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Seats hurt lower back

chadsurfer8, 07/12/2012

The car is great over all. but ...... - major problem is the front seats hurt my lower back after 30 min or more drives. the lower back support has a hard bar that hurts. like a fold out couch sofa that has a bar going through the cushion in the middle. The lower cushion is not big enough and leaves my legs hanging. No adjustment for leg height. I am 5'9'' and 170 lbs girls may not have this problem. i just replaced the seats yesterday with$500 TC seats set - fast for economy car. - i get 26 city and 32 hwy, i drive a little fast - great quality, just the sun visor has a line looks unfinished - Great look inside and out. - small like a SUV that was shrunk down. - cargo good

Great replacement for 14 mpg Jeep

Lancoman, 12/28/2009

Purchased this vehicle during "Cash for Clunkers" (Thank you to all tax payers). Inside space is excellent; I am 6'1" and my head does not hit the roof > amazing. Got the Release 2 model in Wasabi Green > nice. Radio w/GPS, accent lights are main adds. I get about 36 mpg at 70 mph most times. Looked at Honda Fit; decided not be yet another Honda sheep.

Xd save me lots of $$$

kmpennington, 11/15/2011

Tottally worth the money!!! I have the 2009 model, I drove to Kingsport TN from Hudson, NC...all mountain terrain and still got a whopping 33 mpg...I do have the 5speed though. I loved the way it drives and that it fills up for 40.00. I would drive my scion anywhere short distance or long distance.

Air Conditioner Drains into Vehicle

JRN, 11/04/2010

The vehicle is made w/o a filter and debris clogged my air conditioner drain twice. $600 later times 2, I'm getting rid of it. I don't care to have the condensation from the air conditioner draining on my feet!

Owned mine for awhile...

fitzpatrick925, 12/30/2010

I haven't seen anyone review who's owned their xD for a while. I bought mine brand new in December 2008. (I remember some of the reviews I see here from my research!) I test drove both the xD and the Honda Fit the same day. I was not impressed with the Fit, and fell in love with the xD after I made a right hand turn out of the dealership-the car takes turns beautifully. Since then, the performance has remained steady-surviving long trips and daily commutes. It's run excellently and has only had oil changes thus far. I just had my first problem today-the car wouldn't start-going into the dealership tomorrow. I wish it did a little better in snow/ice-it's kind of wimpy. Otherwise, love.

12345...12