Used 2011 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Scion xB Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Function and fashion!
By Mihir Shah

2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A great car all around. Looks hipster with the reliability of a Toyota (it is made by Toyota). Plenty of space for families, roadtrips, moving lots of stuff besides large furniture. I used it for my small business. Great for families, college students, or small business owners.

1145 of 2000
By Anthony Soprano

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When they announced the xB was done in the U.S., I had to run out and get that 8.0 that I always wanted. I was hoping they'd stick around, and even possibly build an xB I like even better. As it is the RS 8.0 is my fav xB. Got a used one in 2016 that had only 41k miles on it and a 3 month warranty. Really enjoy driving it. It's a lot of fun. Hugs the corners better or as good as my 2003 miata that I used to have. As far as the wind vortex review. Some cars do this. Simple solution is to crack a rear window some. In my case I just crack open the sun roof. I rated the trans as poor as all it would have taken to greatly improve gas mileage would have been to put an overdrive gear on the thing, like my old Camry used to have. It's a bit bouncy compared to my Lexus ES, but I enjoy it for other reasons.

Great Value, Very Low True Cost to Own
By Clark

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xB was cheap to buy and cheap to own. It's our reliable car and it has excellent quality for the money. Highly recommended for those who want a reliable ride that costs very little to own.

Grate car to purchase
By Martin Rubio

2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great basic transportation.
By Eric

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought one of these as a trade in to get out of steep minivan payments. We have two other small electric cars, so this car is for longer trips/ back up. I bought #960 out of 2000 of the release 8 series. It has a lowered body kit and is a cool blue color. Initially there was HORRIble rattle coming from the windshield whenever I went over bumps. I found out from the internet that this was the cowl rubbing against the windshield due to inadequate insulation and that it was an easy fix. I am not mechanical and it was indeed an easy fix. People online suggested using weatherstripping from home depot to install between the cowl and the windshield. I used the fuzzy part of a velcro strip which is working well. It went from sounding like a car with 200,000 miles on it to sounding like a new ride. I am coming from a minivan, so this car handles well. On the twisties it handles well for the box that it is. Anyone who is hung up by the center console or the buzzing sound that the exhaust makes doesn't have a sense of humor. This is an economy box that has a huge amount of room. I am 6'2" with a long torso and I have at least another 8" over my head. And my model has a sunroof. It keeps transportation cheap and simple. If I drive it hard I can get 22 mpg city. If I decide to go for good gas mileage I can get 26 city or 38 highway. I got a great deal certified used.