Used 2013 Scion FR-S Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used FR-S for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

So Fun Firestorm Red

jlennox, 06/06/2012

If you love to drive and your not carrying more than a passenger next to you then this is a superb handling ride at a great price. I could not get out of this car the first two days of ownership. Limited availability but if you find one you like and aren't so concerned about color then buy it. They go fast out the door. I traded my lumbering gas guzzler Tacoma 4X4 and don't have any regrets. took two trips. One to Tucson from Phoenix mostly highway some city and got 33.4 mpg. Then on the second day I got 35.5 mostly highway with a/c on the whole time. That's better than my Yaris! I suppose the aerodynamics help. The seats a snug but comfortable. The pioneer stereo cranks.

Get it if you want to be actively involved in driving.

eperris, 08/16/2012

The FR-S rewards focused driving. Though it is easy to drive at low speeds and in the city, it really comes alive when you push it along windy roads and at high speed. It is simply the most solid, capable car I have ever driven. If you just want to look good, accelerate quickly and tour around - this isn't the car for you. I also like its small environmental footprint and ultra-sophisticated engineering where it counts. This car has a bleeding edge fuel system, a high performance, but ultra-reliable engine and Toyota/Subaru quality. It is small and lightweight. If you drive thoughtfully, the mileage is about 26 City and 36 highway - much higher than EPA's estimate.

:)) EXCELLENT VEHICLE :))

Breanna, 08/20/2020
2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This vehicle is famous by 2 huge manufacturer's who made these cars happen. "Toyota and Subaru" They worked together to create the design, and aspects of these vehicles. Yes, these are awesome cars. They are comfortable inside. They handle really good. They get very good gas mileage for being a sports car. I'm always getting nice compliments from people. Also, if you have the 2013 FRS... They are number 1 first in line as the best year made.

EXCELLENT VEHICLE

Paula, 08/22/2020
2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I, bought mine pre owned from the from the subaru dealership. My car already has a turbo kit installed from previous owner. Nice sounding exhaust system. So, my conversation review is excellent vehicles these are. I, like the comfort of these seats, and the interior is nice. This car handles very good, especially going around corners. Very tight suspension.. the engine feels smooth, and I really like the turbo sound. These cars are fun to drive!!

Awesome until the engine fails

Zach, 01/26/2021
Scion 10 Series 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car drove great until I hit 133,000 and had to replace the $7,000 engine on the $14,000 car. It got regular service done at the Toyota dealership and was never driven hard. The valve spring recall was done 1 year prior to failure, but the dealership said it was unrelated.