Used 2019 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Disappointed long time Dodge/Ram owner.

Steven, 09/14/2018
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I have had several versions of the Dodge ram 1500 since it was redesigned in 2009. They have all performed very well with high-quality interiors and technology. I was very excited when I bought my 2019 Ram Laramie this past July. Within two weeks of ownership, the phone system stopped functioning properly and the audio quality sounded as though only one speaker was working. I have the Harman Kardon Soundsystem which is wonderful. But in order to get the phone sound quality back to all speakers, you have to turn off the surroundsound manually for each call. That was the fix that Chrysler has so far. The new heavy duty brakes are squeaking like crazy. The incredibly smooth ZF transmission has intermittent clunking when down shifting when coming to a stop. The air conditioning is not as cold as my previous Ram 1500. The final straw which prompted me to write this review, was when the truck stalled at a light yesterday. The truck is so quiet on the inside that I didn’t even know it stalled until all the alarms went off telling me to put the truck into park and restart it. When trying to contact Chrysler Corporation, I get an overseas call center with an agent but most likely has no idea what a truck is. The Chrysler dealership in Palm Springs, CA has been very helpful but they are baffled at the truck’s issues and their arms are tied waiting for Chrysler to get the bugs worked out. If I had known I was going to have all these troubles I would have kept my old truck. I believe Chrysler released this truck too early without properly testing all if it’s systems. I will open an official complaint with Chrysler and will start the Lemon Law procedure If it’s not repaired within the legal amount of time it takes Chrysler to repair it. It takes a long time but the law does work ( used it with a defective Ford product years ago). I will say, the truck is very quiet and very roomy. The interior is incredibly comfortable compared to my previous truck. The ride quality is the best. That said, the technical issues outweigh the comfort. I would recommend not buying one of these trucks until after the bugs are worked out. Maybe a 2021 model.

Official Lemon by law and RAM says too bad!

Brian Tepesch, 07/29/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I had to take my brand new 2019 new style RAM 1500 into the shop 5 times within the first 2 months and 1500 miles due to the check engine light randomly coming on. They replaced many components including the entire engine. I was without the truck for over 30 days, so by law it is a lemon. I just want a replacement as this truck that has had a lot of work done to it is not, and never was, the truck I was sold. Best part, RAM says too bad, and for confidential reasons they will not replace it. Confidential... as in the loyalty of the company doesn't match the loyalty of this 3rd generation RAM owner who has owned numerous RAMs including this 3rd in a row new purchase??? Loyalty only lives on the consumer side these days, and RAM proved it with how they have responded to this situation.

Vehicle Problems and terrible customer support

Ryan , 08/28/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and started experiencing problems with the touch screen technology within the first week of ownership. That was the first of many problems I had over the course of a year including the side view mirrors not tilting, windows randomly rolling down, side steps deploying at random times, squeaks etc. etc., ultimately resulting in a case filed with FCA. That was over a month ago and still no resolution. One of the reasons I was told that things were taking so long was that the Area Manager was on vacation!!! To sum it up- Ram quality is terrible and FCA could care less about their customer.

Nice truck but questionable reliability

SY, 03/21/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I really liked the truck, took a test drive and had to have the truck. Lot’s of great technology, 12” infotainment screen, unbelievable comfort and the 4 corner air suspension gives it an extremely smooth ride. I’ve owned the truck just under a month and it has 568 miles. I was headed to work early one morning and the truck lost power. It coasted to a stop and once it stopped wouldn’t move again. Called Chrysler’s roadside assistance and had to wait over 3 hours for the tow truck to arrive. After sitting at the dealership for 3 days, I finally got a call letting me know the transmission failed. The dealer is unsure about when they will receive the transmission but said hopefully it won’t take more than a week or two to get the truck back. Really like the truck but I’m so disappointed about the transmission failure and am concerned I made a mistake with this truck purchase.

The perfect truck, except for poor reliability

Chris Thomas, 12/25/2018
Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Wow. Beautiful truck. And there’s a great chance you’ll have to appreciate it from afar because it will spend lots of time at the dealership service center. Look, I spent a lot of time researching this truck. I read the Internet forums and I spoke with a couple friends who are mechanics at FCA brand dealerships. Everything suggested this is an awesome truck with more than its share of first year problems that need to be worked out. I discounted all of that, and assumed it is those who have the rare problem truck who complain loudest on line. Not so. I’ve had my Laramie for 4 months now, and it’s spent about 3 of them in for repairs. The sunroof leaked and caused mold in the cab. The eTorque engine battery failed and there was a multi week wait for replacement parts. The eTorque engine gets worse mileage in city or on highway driving than the non eTorque V8 Hemi. The tow mirrors get stuck facing down when you go from R to D. Random pieces of trim seem to have issues staying attached to the truck at highway speeds. The brakes make all sorts of noise they can’t fix. I’ve learned from making small talk at the dealership waiting area many many owners are having problems. Maybe not all of them, but you will live with a chronic state of anxiety about what will fail next on the 2019s. My advice is to stay away until the 2020s come out and have a time to prove whether Chrysler has their act together on quality and reliability or not.

Don’t get the etorque!!!

Chris, 10/20/2018
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Check the forums, I should have. The etorque system fails really quickly. Parts are not available on any kind of reasonable time frame. Dealership can only say “it comes from a vendor so we don’t know”. Many people reporting this issue at less than 2k miles. I have no idea when mine will be fixed, and there is no way for the dealership to find out. 🤨. I love the ram but am very unhappy with this one.

Don't Get Sucked in by the Looks and Comfort

Jeff, 05/03/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I can't in good conscience give this truck more than three stars due to reliability issues. Let me explain. The all new 2019 Ram 1500 is beautifully designed and engineered as long as you are wanting to spend $58,000 on a piece of yard art. I hope that you enjoy spending a lot of time at your local dealership where you purchased it because it will either be sitting in your yard or at the dealership. I purchased mine on 1/18/19 which was the day the problems began. I noticed a damaged trim piece and I called it to the salespersons attention who in turn got the body shop manager involved. They said they would take care of the issue. When we went to sign the papers no we owe for the trim piece. Oh yeah, I forgot about that, after reminding them the paperwork was filled out. Well, it only took 3 times of ordering the part and trips to the dealer to get the proper piece put on. No big deal, its installed. The real problems started six days after I purchased the truck. Here comes the first recall in the mail. This one has to do with an intermittent steering failure due to a faulty ground connection. No parts in stock. Have to order it. Parts comes in, I have to take it back to have the work performed. Then almost 30 days later here comes the second recall notice in the mail. This one was for the brake pedal that could possibly fall off if you use the adjustable pedals. Again, no parts in stock. Have to order and be put on a waiting list. After several calls to FCA, and being hung up on one of those times, I was told that the repair parts were being issued to dealers in limited quantities. Can’t slow down production to take care of current customer issues, now can we? FCA advised me in the meantime, just don’t use the adjustable pedals. Of course, I already had, and the vehicle will be safe to drive. I don’t know about you but I’m not willing to risk driving a vehicle that the brake pedal could possibly fall off of because a customer service rep from FCA tells me it’s safe. I still haven’t been able to figure out how intermittent steering loss and the possibly of your brake pedal falling off is safe but I digress. FCA did give me four free oil changes for my trouble. SCORE!!! Then the front brakes would squeal terribly during stopping. Apparently, this is a known issue as there is a service bulletin on the condition. The solution, replace both front brake calipers and pads. That’s right, all new front brakes. Mind you there are only 2300 miles on the truck. Most of which was going to and from the dealer. The other issue is the speed adjustable volume can barely be heard at all. Why is the volume adjustment inadequate you ask? The reason the service advisor gave me was because the active noise control module is interfering with the speed adjustable volume. FCA has designed two systems that interfere with each other and installed them on a vehicle. The current solution to this? Use the steering wheel controls to adjust the volume. Service said they tested other 2019 Ram’s on the lot and they all display the same condition so it’s not really a problem. By that logic if every engine explodes at 5000 miles then it’s not really a problem because hey, they all do it. I spent an extra $4,595.00 for the level 2 equipment group and another $1,095.00 for the 12-inch display and this is the answer I get. Completely unacceptable. I have been buying Dodge Ram’s since 2001, which is still on the road, and this by far is the worst Ram I have ever purchased. Three months in with these many issues I don’t want to think of what is next. If you are in need of a new truck now, stay as far away from the Ram as possible. I should have gone with my gut feeling and spent the extra money and bought the Ford. Save yourself a lot of time and trouble and buy something else. Time to see if I can get FCA to hang up on me again.

2019 Ram Rear Bed Defect

No more Rams, 07/03/2019
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Beware the Ram and its rear bed assembly! My daughter's truck has a gap where two bed seems are supposed to join. She didn't notice it until several days post purchase. She informed the dealer and Fiat. Fiat will not replace the bed! The dealer would like to see it replaced but does not want to bare the cost. The dealer inventoried the lot and stated 40% of the Rams have the same defect! After several months of stalling and just wearing down my daughter, she agreed to basically a bubble gum and duct tape fix. She needed the truck returned to her for her business. An attorney was a thought but go expensive for what was going to be a much longer battle. This gap between the seams of the bed was wide enough to see the ground underneath! 40% are defects so beware! Bring back Chrysler to American ownership and know how please!

Transmission went after 200 miles

Dave, 01/31/2019
Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Drove this truck for exactly 5 days. Transmission completely went out. Dealer told me it was a fluid leak. Drove at 2 miles after picking it back up from service and the whole thing went again. Wouldn’t come out of first gear. 212 miles on the truck total. Now I’m told transmissions are on back order and I have no date when I will get the truck back.

Didn't Make it a Month

Tree, 03/15/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

We brought our truck on February 21, 2019. Loved the features and the color. So did our friends, family and neighbors. We did all of our upgrades (tinted windows, trifold top etc.) By March 14, 2019 less than 2k miles in we have no truck. Around March 8th we kept getting messages that certain safety features like (lane keep assist, remote engine start/stop and hybrid features etc) were either disabled or not working. These warnings all occurred through no fault of our own. I chalked it up to is was a new vehicle and just needed to work the bugs out. Then the navigation would only work offline. I figured maybe it was a video or something we could watch to show what we were doing wrong. Then today the check engine light came on. It was immediately taken to the dealership. We were only told there is a hit on it and we would need to be put in a loaner. I had not seen the reviews that stated others had gone through the same thing. The majority of the reviews stated that Rams were the best and very reliable. I ventured away from my usual Honda brand and today I regret it more than ever. I guess you get what you pay for but this was not exactly cheap. I haven't even made my first payment and already feel like I have wasted my money. I hope we do not have to wait forever for a fix or have to repeatedly return the truck to the shop. But I have to admit that only 1,400 miles in and already up for repairs does not give me much hope. Buyer Beware.

Love my 2019 Laramie Longhorn but worried

Paul the Ram Guy, 11/16/2018
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Drove home October13th 2019 in new Ram Laramie Longhorn, very pleased with my new truck. Now with 2,120 miles on the truck, not quite five weeks later I am concerned I've got a problem. On five different occasions the vehicle would not shift out of first gear. In each case I was stopped at a stop sign or red light and making a left turn. Upon starting up and turning the transmission remained in first gear, motor revving 4,000 - 4,500 RPM or so, until I realized I had a problem. I lifted my foot off the accelerator and let the truck slow down, it was still in first gear, almost came to a full stop, tried to slowly accelerate but still no shift. I brought the truck to a full stop, then slowly accelerated again, still no shift out of first gear. I again came to a full stop, this time put the selector knob into Park, then back into Drive mode and accelerated and the transmission worked fine. After the first four episodes I called the dealership and took the truck in the same day. First thing the service rep did is check for a OBD code, no code was generated. Dealership had it for four days and could not replicate the problem. Since I've had the truck back one more episode has occurred. Now I'm not sure where to turn. Also, one other thing should mention every time this happened it was at night

Broke Down Before I Could Get it Off The Lot

Lee, 12/29/2018
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Went to pick up my new 2019 Ram Limited. Unfortunately 4 wheel drive doesn't work. During orientation by salesperson he couldn't get 4 wheel drive to work. Couldn't buy it. Probably a blessing in disguise. I checked government recall website and it already has more than i'ts fair share of complaints. Looks like Chrysler's bad reputation for quality lives on.

VEHICAL SHUTS DOWN WHILE DRIVING

Owens, 06/15/2019
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My truck is three months old, and the first week I purchased the vehicle it shut down while I was driving it. This situation has now occured four (4) times, and the last time while I was on the highway. At this point I am scared to drive the truck, and leave it parked most of the time. has anyone else experienced these problems with their new designed 2019 1500 RAM 5.7 hemi 4x4 truck.

Never again

Brad Lucas, 06/10/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Less than 6000 miles on a 2019 Ram and the transmission started to squeal. The dealership said they had to replace the transmission and that it was on back order. One month later still on back order. This is my first Ram as I heard many good things about them.....and it will be my last.

Gave up on the 2019 Ram 1500.

TM, 09/15/2019
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have owned 3 Ram 1500’s with no issues. All great trucks. I fell for the new Ram design and have not had a reliable truck to drive for the past 12 months. Mind you, I have now had Three New rams during this time. August of ‘18, purchased the all new Ram 1500, 2019. Trucks warning lights went off two days after driving it off the lot. Took it in. Next day picked it up and was told they just needed to reset a code. Before I got home, the warning lights come on again, lighting up like a Christmas tree. Dealer kept for two weeks. Got it back, brakes began squealing loudly. Took it in and the dealer could not correct until the service bulletin was issued. Really? I had to listen to this for 3 months. Next, leaky sunroof. Why, the drain plug was not closed properly when built. Got rid of it. Drove home another 2019 1500. Well it had mold in it. The driver side mirror rattled. Found 9 screws in the backseat under the mat that had not been used. I ended up with a new ‘18 Ram 2500. The 4x4 serve light now comes on. Took it in, they fixed it. Replaced transfer case. Drove home and bingo, 4x4 serve light. Took it back. Replaced a module. Drove down the road and bing, 4x4 serv light is back on. It’s now back in the dealer. Going three weeks without my truck. I am done with Ram.

2019 Laramie 5.7 HEMI w/E-torque 4x4, fully loaded

Ron, 03/15/2019
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

First off, truck is nice looking, good power, spacious, great tech. Bought truck in Oct. 2018, 1 month later November, truck shut down electrically as if battery had died; Tow truck arrived thinking battery dead, but battery jumper showed full power to battery. Towed to Ram dealer, 1st time. Day 3 called back stating they still don't know what it is...couple hours later dealer called and stated was d/t glue melting around battery terminals. Me thinking to myself, "wtf? I've never heard of that?" So we p/u truck. Now a month later, Christmas Eve while shopping @3:30pm, truck shuts down again, tow truck arrives 1.5hrs later, truck taken to dealer, but service closes at 5pm, Service to see truck until Monday 26th; 4 days later 2nd time to dealer, dealer states they didn't completely clean glue off from terminals, so "now its good, won't happen again", truck p/u again. A little after a month, now Feb 2019, truck shuts down again for 3rd time, sent back to dealer. Informed dealer that we do not want truck anymore. Called corporate, opened a case, about 3 weeks later, received email that FCA will be repurchasing the truck and monthly payments to be given back. Other notes: Harmon Kardon 19-speaker sound upgrade. If you're buying a $55,000+ truck, you would expect to have crazy sounds for 19 speakers, right? Wrong. You could turn the volume to max and can still speak to each other without yelling. The sound quality is great, but sound volume sorry to say, sucks! Also, entertainment system does not save radio stations. About 2 days later, seems to always reset; again, sucks! Wind noise. Coming back from Vegas, strong winds making a whistling noise inside cabin was loud and overpowering the radio! It seemed to be coming in from behind dashboard somewhere. Other than that, the RAM was great, but not sure if will purchase another until ALL testing and recalls completed by RAM. I think RAM might have pushed out truck too early without the required testing.

So far, not bad

Mike, 10/24/2018
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

It does shift funny and flunks, hates going slow. Amazing interior, ride and sexy as hell on the exterior. I haven't had leaking, nav issues but do agree AC isn't cold enough. Volume on stereo is weak as well. Overall I love this truck, I get compliments everyday BUT only 4250 miles, we shall see. The transmission scares me.

First time Ram Owner 2019 RAM Rebel 5.7 etorque.

Jason Tanner, 10/10/2018
Rebel 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought my 2019 Rebel 8/9/2019 drove it for 9 days and on 8/18/2018 check engine light, battery light and auto start/stop light came on. Battery gauge was at 8 volts. I had it towed to dealer on 8/20/2019. My truck has been at dealer since it was towed to them on 8/20/2018. As of today 10/10/2018 it has been at dealer for 52 days. I would not recommend anyone buy a Chrysler product as their customer service is not what they claim it to be. They say customer satisfaction is top priority. Well I can tell you I am not very satisfied. I called Chrysler on 9/18/2018 after it had been at dealership for 30 days to file a lemon law claim. I also sent them a certified letter demanding lemon law. I have called Chrysler multiple time since filing a claim and I am told some one will contact me in 24-48hrs. I have yet to hear from anyone. I know I will never purchase another Chrysler product again.

“Brand new” big horn ram 1500 2019

Mr.roy, 03/04/2019
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Since buying this truck the same day out the dealership my left fog light would flicker in and off immediately took it back the next day got it fixed, a wiring issue, next issue about a month owning the truck it won’t start one Sunday morning no lights come on my key fob don’t work eaither tried jump start and nothing so I stopped messing with it and then about 4 hrs later I try again and everything comes on like nothing happened to it, I take it back to the dealer again and they just say it was an electrical issue and they updated the system, and then exactly 1 month later on a 2/4/19 it won’t start again trying to go to work and this truck won’t turn on for nothing I have to call mopar care to get it towed to the dealership they look at it and get it to run only by smacking the power distribution component but once you turn it off it won’t start again so this part will take 3-4 days to come In and the dealership doesn’t have any loaners and I would have to buy a rental and then Chrysler would reimburse me back but on 35 dollars a day when a small little gas saver car is the cheapest at 55 dollars a day and keep in mind probably like 5 times while on the phone with mopar customer “care” while speaking with them they hung up like 3 times and the other 2 times they would start the process all over and then act like they don’t care and just try to get me off the phone with them and one person I talked to said they don’t have rental cars on mopar care which it clearly is included in the vehicle protection plan you get when you purchase for the mopar care I just don’t feel it’s right for me to put anymore money towards a rental even if it’s reimbursed like they want me to that’s exactly why you buy a new vehicle so you won’t have any problems I didn’t ask for my truck not to start!!!

2019 Ram 1500 problems

Not To Happy, 11/13/2018
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Well so far it had a really loud noise coming from under the hood like something was stuck in the fan, shut off checked under hood, nothing found, restart noise gone. Twice now when put in drive engine just races like its in neutral, moving shifter back in fourth to get in gear does not always work. Rear brake support slams on brakes when baking up when nothing around, ( I shut it off). When you come to a stop once in awhile the truck leaps forward like you just got rear ended in a crash. This thing is haunted, its has a lot of flaws, I'm am a 10 time Ram owner. This is a $54,885 truck. It rides Great, fuel mileage is not great, best stereo I ever heard. I hope they can get it fixed, so far dealer checked for codes, none found, no service bulletin's either. Love the new design and I know all new stuff has bugs, keeping my fingers crossed.

Poor AC, very poor dealership Service

Joe Pierre, 07/31/2018
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The Air conditioning system blows more air than my previous ram, but it blows very warm air despite driving thr truck for about two hours at highway speeds. The truck had less than 500 miles on it and already has a message showing problems with the stability control and four wheel drive system. After contacting the Larry H Miller dealership, they we less than helpful and wouldn't make an appointment for the truck for almost 2 weeks.

Complete Junk

Bohinski41, 07/01/2019
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

B- for comfort! I love my truck in the winter but now summer I've had an ac issue since July 2019 and they can't resolve it.

Very disappointed

Desmond, 07/14/2019
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I just purchased my 2019 Ram a month ago. Every single time I lock the truck it shuts down. I was able to jump it off one time thinking maybe it was the battery. Took the truck back to the dealership to get everything checked. Tests came back good. Drove the truck to work. Soon as I locked it, the truck wouldn't crank anymore. Had to get it towed to the nearest dealership.

13 MPG - OUCH!

Ron, 02/12/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Great truck except for fuel economy. Limited, crewcab, 22 in wheels, 4x4, 3.21 rear end. Mine gets nowhere near 17mpg! So far 1650 miles and 13.1 mpg combined city/highway (roughly 50/50). No tire spins. Most likely would not have bought it if I'd known it drank this much petro. Sticker said 15 in the city and 22 on the highway. Haha. Would have waited for the 2019/20 diesel with the same safety features and twice as much towing. Maybe mpg will improve down the road a bit...

What a beautiful po*

S candela, 12/23/2018
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I'm so glad I leased this. At least I'm not stuck with it forever. Delivery day one, truck has low refrigerant glove box light didn't shut off. The Chrysler fix for glove bot is to tape a furniture bumper on the back of glove box door to shut off switch. Ac was half pound low on delivery. Two months later, the active noise cancellation system works when it wants to. If you downshift it is loud and never corrects. Only shutting off engine resets it so far. The heater control knob dosent work all the time. On startup you get half heat even if knob on max. Turn it off and on a few times it works again? Wtf? I wonder what's next. It's an adventure to be sure.

Great Truck

Dave, 10/29/2018
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I own the 2019 Bighorn 5.7 v8 vvt hemi. I test drove the F150, Silverado, Tundra, Titan, before trying this truck. The second I started driving it I was hooked. It was easily the most comfortable of the 5 trucks I drove. Quiet and smooth. The Tundra had the second best ride. The gadgets in this truck are far ahead of anyone else. From auto dimming rear and side mirrors, to a large touch screen that allows apple carplay and android auto. Lots of usb ports including usb c. My mirrors fold at the touch of a button. The active and passive noise cancellation works great. I average 18 miles per gallon so far, but that has been steadily going up as I put more miles on. Quite often my readout says I'm getting 22 per gallon. It has a ton of room with plenty of storage. This truck is a pleasure to drive. Highly recommended.

Poor Workmanship on an otherwise great truck

Frank PA, 11/02/2018
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I loved the Ram. I looked at other brands and decided that the Ram still had the BEST interior, excellent ergonomics (for big guys), ample power and shifting. So I did it again - 2019 Ram V8 LongHorn QUAD. HOWEVER..I was very disappointed after I noticed some poor workmanship all across my $47k investment. Since day 1, the nav has been glitchy - it won't load often and loses all presets every day. Sometimes the radio will work without the key fob anywhere close. Weird. The dealer will replace the radio, but since that complaint I found other issues. The rear sliding window unit was installed crooked and it might be leaking on the driver side where it sits 3/16" lower than the passenger side. Sloppy and it grates on my OCD nerves! The tailgate "open" light comes on every morning, so I get out and slam it shut - every day. Sometimes the rear usb ports work on the first try. These are probably very fixable issues, but what's next?? If I could swap out of this truck, I would.

AVOID

D Stephenson, 06/26/2019

I know, you're not going to base you decision to buy this vehicle or not on just one review. But I can tell you with absolute certainty, I am NOT alone in my frustrations with this vehicle. In the past 6 months, it's been in the service department more often than it's been in my possession. For mystery warning messages, check-engine lights, transmission and throttle errors, and unexplainable loss of engine power. Not the dealership, nor the Chrysler engineers can diagnose the problem(s). But the WORST part, that should give ANY potential buyer some very serious red flags, is the fact that Chrysler LIED during arbitration proceedings regarding how long the vehicle had been out of commission. First model year gremlins can be expected from any brand vehicle, but a company that is willing to blatantly lie just to save a buck (on their customer's back) is one you should run - not walk - very far away from. So I am currently suing them under my state's lemon law. I know the truck is sharp looking, and you get a lot of truck for the money, but it simply is not worth the volume of problems you'll likely have. Go elsewhere. UPDATE: nothing’s changed. All the same problems, and RAM refuses to fix or replace the truck.

Hype

Forrestgump, 12/07/2018
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Good rebates, watch for dealer add ons. Cost about $800, they mark it up $3000. First week, I had steering problems, took it back, they had to r/r steering rack. Trans feel like it’s starting in wrong gear when you’re cruising, hear a thump, sounds like exhaust back fire. Gas mileage not what they say. I probably should have bought the F 150.

My truck knows it's way back to the dealer

Dale Koven, 12/02/2018
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

5 times back to dealer and haven't made my 2nd payment yet. Active noise control failed, wiper motor failure, trans control module failure, transfer case switch failure,back up camera failed to work on 3 occasions last few weeks, horrible howl from brakes in morning backing up, right side inner fender well falling off and 3 ft section of a plastic shield on bed fell off and smacking the bottom of the truck. It was being held on by a wire. Nothing like laying on the ground, on the side of the hiway, pulling parts off your truck. I'm very upset with this truck. When it works correctly it's a phenomenal ride, super quiet , very strong truck. All 1 week of it. Update: noise control hum back! Yay! Brakes still howling but Ram has jumped into it both feet to fix it!

Very disappointed

Rob.b, 05/10/2019
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Make sure this truck is checked for roof leaks very bad with those truck has been in the shop twice for this

Seems like a great truck ..........BUT!!

Randall Loker, 08/16/2018
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I love driving this truck ....BUT....i can't drive it in the rain because it leaks !!! Carpets are soaked with water coming in uderneath somewhere. I have had the truck 2 weeks and still have not had the dealer look at it ......still have to wait 4 more days before they can LOOK AT IT!!! NOT GREAT SERVICE! Now I have lost all volume from the Uconnect system.....no music....no Bluetooth phone.....NOTHING....and no it is not the MUTE button!! I am glad I have not sold my old Duramax yet.....I have had more problems with this RAM in 2 weeks than I had with the Duramax in 10 years!!……………..one more strike and this RAM is OUTTA HERE!! it will be my first and LAST FCA vehicle

Updating my review of RAM...in a positive way!

Jake, 11/20/2018
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Below is my original review as I had an issue with oil leaking from the rear main seal on day 4 of ownership. As you can imagine, I was very upset with this happening on a brand new vehicle! I wanted to update my review because I was impressed the way FCA and the dealer I purchased it from stepped up and took of the issue. FCA has checked in with me a couple of times just to see how everything is going with the truck too. It is nice to know they actually cared for 1 customer and I wasn't just one of 600,000+ trucks they sold that year. I'm am also very happy with the RAM! It is the nicest interior and riding truck I've ever drove! It tows very nicely and has a ton of power! The transmission is very smooth and seems to shift timely at all times. The mileage is good for a 5.7 HEMI! My overall is around 20 mpg and that includes a decent amount of city driving. I’m at 36,000 miles now and since my initial issue, I haven't had any additional problems. I'm enjoying the truck a lot and hope it remains reliable for many miles to come! BTW, I have the Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4wd 5.6 bed with the 5.7 HEMI. The correct option is not available from the drop down menu. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I was a very happy Toyota Tundra owner for 9.5 years and 141,000 miles! I loved that truck every day I owned it! I decided to check out the new 2019 Ram for all its new "features". I had to say I was impressed and ended up purchasing a new 2019 Ram Laramie after I worked in a Lifetime warranty as I Fiat Chrysler's quality has always been suspect. Well, low and behold I did indeed confirm FCA's quality and workmanship lives up to their poor quality reputation; on day 4 of owning the Ram and a total of 220 miles on it, the Ram was leaking oil from the rear main seal enough to create a puddle on the garage floor! Of course, FCA is not helpful but rather wants me to begin the eternity process of Arbitration. I want to get my experience out to as many people as possible, so they do not make the same mistake I did. I wish I could go back in time and get another Tundra.

A leaky piece of junk

Michael, 09/14/2018
Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've owned the truck a week and with the first rain the drivers carpet is soaked. Took it to the dealer and they resealed the window, replaced the door weather stripping and it still leaks. Next there going to take a look behind the fire wall. This is the first Ram I've owned and the last. It's a 2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman with the 5.7L. There is no way to select that in the drop down menu since that trim is not there.

Disappointed in my 2019 ram 1500 Laramie

Ram Owner, 10/02/2018
Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

First time reviewer here. Positives- Beautiful truck with a high class feel and comfortable ride. A lot of features for a decent price. Negatives- had mine for less than a month and have less than a thousand miles on it and I have already experienced the steering sticking when slightly turning left or right at any speed. When braking it makes a sound like the brake pads are worn, but it must be the rotors because it is brand new. The light on the back of the truck for the bed stayed on even though the truck had been turned off and locked for 20 minutes. GPS only works through the app. If you turn off the truck without putting it in park it will automatically put it in park for you which is great, but you have to turn the truck back then off to turn all of the electronics off. When taking a left turn today I heard a slight pop in the front of the truck. The transmission is not as smooth as you would expect, it has "clunked" into gear several times. I do believe I have my first lemon out of the 9 cars/trucks I have owned. I should have waited, and I recommend you do too.

Wow what a difference this new Ram is !!!

MJ, 10/25/2018
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

My lease was up on my 2016 Ram Sport Crew Cab. I looked at SUV's as well as pickups but once your in a truck its hard to downgrade to anything else. Once I test drove a Ram I immediately knew it was the truck for me. I like the redesign. It looks much classier then then previous gen. The LED headlights and fogs are an awesome upgrade. The new tail gate that is aluminum and hydraulic and goes down nice and easy by itself is awesome and very lightweight. I cannot believe how nice and comfortable the interior is even without leather. I opted for the safety package with the front and rear sensors and blind spot monitoring which is all very helpful especially since my wife loves to drive the truck as well. I do not like on the rear parking assist if you get to close to something how the brakes will jerk on all by themselves but its easy to turn off. I also would have thought that when something is in your blind spot if you turn on your turn signal or try to change lanes that it would warn you and it does not unless its something I need to turn on. As of this post I've only had the truck two weeks and put 500 miles on it. The ride is so much smoother then the last gen. If your need in a truck is to feel like your driving a big truck , go get a chevy this is not the truck for you. If you want to feel like your in a mercedes car then this is the truck for you. Very impressive from head to toe. The room in the crew cab is the biggest in class and phenomenal for kids. My son loves playing in the back. My father in law bought a new GMC Denali 2500 pickup truck and he prefers my Ram. I highly recommend this truck for anyone in the market for a classy pickup they are using as a daily driver and will still get the job done for towing a motorcyle trailer as myself or filling the bed with mulch in the spring for redoing your lawn. I got the blacked out version with the new style black wheels and man its a looker. I get more compliments in this then I did when I had the scat pack charger!!! PS... also like that Ram finally went to 6 lug wheels instead of the 5. Much better

2019 unloved

Whiz, 03/02/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Vehicle having new model and electronic systems is causing a lot of issues. Have 5500 miles and had first oil change. Seems to be running fine since battery replaced. Love comfort and ride as well as design. I hope that I have no issues going forward.

Active Noise Control

Rich, 03/22/2019
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had my new 2019 1500 Big Horn for 3 weeks. Love so many thing about the truck. The only two issues I have are the sesitivity on the rear parking sensor that I shut off and the terrible issue with the Active Noise Control. The interior microphones are sending a low frequency hum through the speakers. It’s not drivable at this point because the sound is just so irritating. The only way I can drive it is with the windows open because that shuts off the ANC. Hopefully the dealership has answers for me tomorrow!!! But I don’t think they will.

lemon don't buy

alan Dupont, 08/11/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

the steering wheel locks when you turn left , please google it in RAM forum ,Fiat/RAM refuse to knowledge it , may be they waiting for few accidents/ death before issue a recall. ( like the Boeing 737 max).

THE WORST TRUCK I HAVE EVER BOUGHT! DO NOT BUY!

2019 RAM REBEL 5.7L CREW CAB, 10/24/2019
Rebel 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Nothing but problem after problem with this truck but mainly A LOT of electrical issues. First the ac didn't blow cold, more like luke warm air. The dealership had to keep the truck for five weeks and still couldn't figure it out. There was a loud struggling noise underneath when putting in drive, got louder and louder over time. Constant ticking noise in center under cab, dealership could never figure out what it was. Tailgate said open when it was tightly shut, several, several times. Navigation did not work numerous amounts of times, screen goes out or blinks constantly everywhere I go and freezes up a lot. Bought this truck at Keller Bros dodge, Lititz and they are a really bad dealership, they act as if these problems are my fault, and do not want to be bothered after they make a deal.

DAMN

Howard B., 07/22/2019
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I bought my 2019 Big Horn with 10 miles on it in May, and I now have around 6,100 miles on it. It has been youto the dealership 3 times and is still in for repairs as I write this. The problems have me looking at the LEMON LAW. Problem (1) ac blows then turns warm and when you take it off auto there's a humming noise. (2) The worst of the problems is the TRANSMISSION jerking when you come to a stop sign it's like someone has hit you in the rear, also I had to give it a lil gas when I miss judged on coming traffic jerking made it self noticed the rear end felt like it came out from under the truck very scary. The 5 to 10 MPH range you get this grinding jerking feeling in the brake pedal, also at speed especially in 8th gear I've had all the recalls updated and the problems persist. I was told that the brake pedal was the problem with the jerking that's not the right answer. I really am disappointed with FCA for not addressing the problems and being up front that there are issues with the 1500's especially the TRANSMISSION. Now I did look at other trucks but the RAM beat them out for comfort ride and interior and exterior. I have an 1500 Big Horn 5.7 2 wheel drive Black sport its back at the dealership for the fourth time for the exact same problem this is the last time for me had anybody else had anything similar happening to their ram.

Likin It!

Ralph, 01/07/2019
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

My first Dodge pick-up and likin it so far. I purchased the bright white 2019 Ram 1500 Lonestar Classic 4x4 short-bed with the 5.7 Hemi. The interior is canyon brown/beige, great looking and very functional. The 8.4 Uconnect radio system (without navigation) sounds great and works well although I will say I previously had the same radio on a Chrysler 300 with Navi and I liked that better. This radio does have Android Auto and Apple Car Play so you can connect to navigation through it but your phone has to be tethered via the usb. On the plus side you can connect to Waze or Google maps and both work great. The 5.7 Hemi 4x4 has a listed highway mpg of 21 but the best I could get was 19.5 without the AC running and keeping the speedometer at 65 miles per hour so I don't know how they came up with the 21 mpg. City driving for me is at about 16 mpg. Acceleration is great with no noticeable lag when the AC kicks on and it never seems to struggle to find the right gear except for a slight lag when shifting from reverse to drive or vice versa. I am impressed with how quiet the cabin is as very little road noise comes through even at highway speeds. There are very few and almost non noticeable squeaks or rattles over bumps and rough roads and overall I would say this truck is well made. The roomy interior is the best feature in my opinion. The back seat space on my 5.7 short-bed is simply enormous and extremely comfortable especially on long trips. I also love the remote start feature in that the truck stays on. On my previous Toyota the engine would turn off as soon as you unlocked the vehicle. Speaking of the latter, in comparison, you get more from the Dodge Ram as far as features and a nicer interior plus you can add things like 4x4 and still be under the price of a similarly equipped Tundra. Will the Ram have the same reliability and low-cost maintenance over the span of several years is yet to be determined. My old Tundra never gave me any problems and even after 75k miles it was still driving as well as the day I got it. After my first year or so I'll post an update. Hoping for the best.

Lots of room for improvement

Arthur , 09/09/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

The limited in my mind is very over priced. Yes it has lots of new tech but for it to be worth it's price point that tech must work. The Air conditioner in the 2019 is a joke it can be 95 outside and it will take 45 minutes to even get comfortable not cool just comfortable. And do not ask me about uconnect it is as much of a joke as the customer service that supports it. Do not put this on the dealership though it has been my experience that Ram cares a lot less than the dealership the dealership has worked to make things work right but now of that will work if Ram does not show signs of even caring.

Defect Terrible Experience Brand New Ram 1500 LAR

AngryNJcust, 07/05/2019
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Check with your dealer on what the lemon law is for your state before buying this vehicle. Actually the model is the Laramie 4x4 and is the 5.7 HEMI version with adv safety group. The manufacturer is not trustworthy and will bide it's time before ever evening considering the vehicle is defective. Poor marks to RAM corporate and my local dealership in NJ.

Ram could have done much better

LaRod55, 07/23/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I am very disappointed with this vehicle. This is supposed to be a high tech luxury truck. My truck listed for $67,505. You want to adjust the steering wheel location? Release the locking mechanism, move to the location you want and then lock it back just like in a Tradesman. Auto dimming mirrors? The rear view mirror in the vehicle is all you get for that kind of money. The outside mirrors don't dim. Automatic climate control is a joke, very poor response to change in settings. 60 degrees outside....I set it to 73 degrees.....it responds by turning on the A/C. Sometimes the ride height adjustment doesn't work and forget about the vehicle automatically lowering to the enter/exit position when you put it in park (like my Grand Cherokee Summit does). It isn't quiet and the ride isn't great. The eTorque feature doesn't seem to be making a big difference my fuel economy. The automatic running board deployment is a nice feature. The interior is very nice. 12 inch display has its advantages. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't buy this model.

Crazy Awesome Truck

Tory Hornsby, 09/20/2018
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I've owned a 2009, 2014, and now the 2019. It is an amazing truck. The big iPad-style touch screen is easy to use and impressive. Everyone who gets in my truck is blown away. The back seat has an incredible amount of leg room. The safety is amazing - 360 view camera for parking, automatically keeps you in the lane (I think it's called lane sense), brakes for you if necessary, adaptive cruise control, even parallel parks itself and more... Couldn't be happier.

Loving my first RAM

ToddR, 09/24/2018
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I have owned a bunch of GMC & Chevy Trucks bought new over the past 23 years. I waited for the "new" GMC sierra intending to get a SLT. What a complete disappointment, the interior looks the same if not worse than my 2015 was. The exterior looks awful gaudy to me whereas the RAM has a classy look. Once I took a closer look and test drove the RAM, I was incredibly impressed! It's a beautiful truck, drives great / fantastic drive train, and the interior is exceptional. And - $6,000 LESS than a comparable Sierra. Check out the RAM it's an incredible value!

Popping Noise

Rob, 12/15/2018
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

My all new 2019 Ram Laramie is my 1st truck that I’ve been wanting for the past 5 yrs. It’s a beautiful truck and get compliments often. I’ve had a couple of issues with it and and almost all were resolved except 1. I’ve got a popping noise that comes from under the truck after I get above 25mph. I’ve been to the dealership 5 times. The last visit they said to ride with the tow engaged. Well that’s a totally different drive and you don’t get the full hemi roar, that roar was a heavy selling point. Also I should be able to drive the truck the way it was intended, without having to do something to take away something else. Not only that, this is a brand new truck. Overall I like the truck. If being honest I was in love with it for the 1st month. With having to be at the dealership so much I’m losing the love. I just want to drive my truck and enjoy the ride.

Underwhelmed eTorque

Brian McGlinch, 01/15/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I have driven 9500 miles in 3 months! The truck is an exceptional vehicle. However, my gas mileage is only 16.9 mpg on highway driving at 70 mph. If I slow to 60 mph, I’m over 20 mpg. Safety and technology are second to none. Very satisfied but eTorque not worth the additional cost.

Longhorn 5.7 goes to AA!

Iowa Ram, 03/24/2019
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

PURCHASED a used low miles 2019 Longhorn. Traded in a 2013 Longhorn w 265,000 miles. The new one has a drinking issue, can't get more than 16.5 mpg on hwy. I drive alot of long drives, and my 2013 ram, same 5.7, 3.21, 8 speed trans, ALWAYS got 18 to 20 mpg, unless the wind was strong. I've talked to my dealer, they dont have answers, and how I found this site. I put on 50k miles yr, and couldn't say enough great things on my 2013. I love the upgrades of the 2019, ride, interior, and exterior appeal, but very shocked the exact same engine, tranny and axle its sucking at least 4 mpg more. This truck does set higher, having the off road pkg. 16.5 mpg is over 600 to 1250 miles, and includes 2 lane hwy, which should push the mpg up, at least the old did. If AA can't heal this Hemi, A GMC will. THIS TRUCK avg around 15.5, short drives 14. I'm tracking the gallons, not using the trucks estimates, which hit a high of 17.2, but not accurate. My old Ram was consistent and very, very reliable for 265,000 miles. Fiat has tweaked it, based on so many comments of the THIRST of the 2019 5.7 hemi. Americans like better options, not the old bait and switch, FCA.

51050