Used 2011 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Good Truck
By Ajt

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Met my expectations very well. Always proud to drive it.

Great Truck! Hands down
By PaulK

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My first pickup and a great experience. I bought this one used with only 6K on the odometer. I was looking at Fords but the pricing was out of my reach. My friend has the Ford Platinum and headaches ever since he bought it used. I'm very happy with this truck. Haven't had any significant problems in almost 6 years and 100K miles of driving. Sometimes the remote door locks get finicky but every car has it's issues. I'll take that one. Great acceleration. Great looks with the center console and duel exhaust. The 5.7 Hemi sounds great starting up every morning. I wish the all manufacturers of pickups could put longer beds on them as standard equipment. Definitely needs backup assistance.

My experience is different than most
By Tom K

2011 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I see a lot of very complimentary reviews on this truck. But I've owned mine for over 4 years now and my experience has been and continues to be that, although the truck performs very well and still turns heads--including mine--with it's looks, there's been a litany of reliability problems that have changed my word-of-mouth recommendation from glowing to questioning and now I just tell people that it's been unreliable. Let's review, shall we: rattle in the front door (can't find it, and I've taken that whole door apart), doormat light under the driver's side mirror flickers, vanity mirror lights not working (these last 2 are non-fused circuits, which means it's likely the general electronic module--read expensive), very annoying buzz in the stereo (try getting this troubleshot--impossible), dropped a lifter and the camshaft got chewed up (fixed under warranty, but still an internal engine failure at 58,000 miles), and now the power steering pump is going out. What's next? I had a Ford F150 for over ten years and didn't have a fraction of these problems. Plus the 16 spark plugs need to be replaced every 30,000 miles. ~$250 a service) I really thought I'd keep this truck for 10 years or more. But now I'm thinking "pay it off and sell it". Update: back seat rattles if no
one is sitting in it and a new rattle in the center console. Second Update: TPS Sensors have become a recurring problem. Can't seem to go more than a couple months without and then another one drops out.

Great truck
By Robert Griffin

2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Edition 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great power. The best riding truck in the industry. Ram has rear cois while all others still use leaf springs which equal frame bounce and a rough ride

Almost 6 years.
By Greg

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Owned this truck almost 6 years and it's been great to me. Lived on Long Island in NY for 5 of those years and am just now needing brakes. Been through 2 sets of tires, both wore great. Really no complaints with this trick!