Used 2011 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Great Truck
By jdry

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

this is my 3rd Ram truck - I love them. Great size inside cab, long lasting performance.

Integrity?
By Peter Kuhn

2011 Ram 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab LB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

All, in all a great Truck. Fuel Economy...,well, it is a Truck. Rust problem over Drivers side, rear wheel well is an obvious Factory design problem. Any Dodge Ram Dealer will look at you like this is the first time that they have heard this. Guy next to me at same Ram Dealer Body Shop, same problem! Mine is Silver, his is,Blue. Thanks, Fiat! Guess that I should have bought, the Blue one......! Undergraduate, Military Vet, Retired LE. GREAT JOB, CHRYSLER!

Good Truck
By Ajt

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Met my expectations very well. Always proud to drive it.

Great Truck! Hands down
By PaulK

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My first pickup and a great experience. I bought this one used with only 6K on the odometer. I was looking at Fords but the pricing was out of my reach. My friend has the Ford Platinum and headaches ever since he bought it used. I'm very happy with this truck. Haven't had any significant problems in almost 6 years and 100K miles of driving. Sometimes the remote door locks get finicky but every car has it's issues. I'll take that one. Great acceleration. Great looks with the center console and duel exhaust. The 5.7 Hemi sounds great starting up every morning. I wish the all manufacturers of pickups could put longer beds on them as standard equipment. Definitely needs backup assistance.

My experience is different than most
By Tom K

2011 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I see a lot of very complimentary reviews on this truck. But I've owned mine for over 4 years now and my experience has been and continues to be that, although the truck performs very well and still turns heads--including mine--with it's looks, there's been a litany of reliability problems that have changed my word-of-mouth recommendation from glowing to questioning and now I just tell people that it's been unreliable. Let's review, shall we: rattle in the front door (can't find it, and I've taken that whole door apart), doormat light under the driver's side mirror flickers, vanity mirror lights not working (these last 2 are non-fused circuits, which means it's likely the general electronic module--read expensive), very annoying buzz in the stereo (try getting this troubleshot--impossible), dropped a lifter and the camshaft got chewed up (fixed under warranty, but still an internal engine failure at 58,000 miles), and now the power steering pump is going out. What's next? I had a Ford F150 for over ten years and didn't have a fraction of these problems. Plus the 16 spark plugs need to be replaced every 30,000 miles. ~$250 a service) I really thought I'd keep this truck for 10 years or more. But now I'm thinking "pay it off and sell it". Update: back seat rattles if no
one is sitting in it and a new rattle in the center console. Second Update: TPS Sensors have become a recurring problem. Can't seem to go more than a couple months without and then another one drops out.