2017 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

12000 miles transmission failed
By Ms. Jackson

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV w/Prod. End 06/17 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car brand new in June 2017. June 2018 with approximately 12000 on it I had to get a new transmission. ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS. I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL. Nissan need to do something out of good faith since my car is not consider a lemon.

CVT transmission replace 43,0000
By Bonddb9

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

If buying this car because there cheap make you sure you have factory warranty or buy extended warranty to cover cvt transmission. Transmission is not the best . Mine went at 43,000 miles after I got the pc upgrade

Could Be Better
By Ron

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Nissan offers a decent vehicle in this price range. The dealer I purchased this Altima was not up front with me about the pricing and soured my my experience from the get go. The only reason I purchased this particular dealer was that they offered a lifetime power train warranty, which I hear may be needed for the CVT. I hope not. After comparing the offerings of the other vehicles in this class, I decided on the Altima. Considering this class of vehicle I believed the Altima offered the most of what I was looking for. That said, after owning the Altima for seven months I realize that it falls slightly short of what it could have been. It drives and handles well, although the engine has more noise upon acceleration than I would like. The seating is comfortable but this model failed to include seat memory. Guess they just forgot to offer it. Although it has blind spot warning, it does not have lane departure - guess they forgot that too! Another feature they left out was key recognition when opening doors. You have to push a little button to open doors, or use the remote. I do like the keyless ignition and the remote start though. As far as safety, the adaptive cruise is fantastic. I also like the home link (garage door remote) in the rear view mirror, but Nissan left out back lighting for the buttons which you can not see in the dark! Speaking of the rear view mirror, I miss the compass in the mirror, another thing they left out! I am averaging about 35 MPG which is about average for this Altima. I was hoping to get better. The trunk has ample room and I like the seat back latches easy access but again Nissan fell a little short, for when pulling the seat back release, the seat backs do not move away from the latch. You have to push on them with something from the rear or have someone pull the seat back forward while you pull the latch. After some study I found the entertainment and navigation systems worked very well. I usually use a flash drive in the USB socket for my music, but the radio receiver works very well, as does the CD player. The Bluetooth functions as both a phone extension and a music streamer for your Bluetooth devices. Since so many devices use a USB for charging it would have been nice to have another USB port. Overall the 2017 Altima SL is a good ride disappointing that Nissan did not quite get it right in several areas.

At 50,000 miles the car is falling apart
By Jarhead

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 S w/Prod. End 06/17 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

At first everything was ok, but after a year things started falling apart. Do your research on Altimas or even infinity. Lots of class action lawsuits, trying to get Nissan to fix their cars. Terrible products.

At 50,000 miles the car is falling apart
By Jarhead

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 S w/Prod. End 06/17 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)