2017 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Could Be Better
By Ron

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Nissan offers a decent vehicle in this price range. The dealer I purchased this Altima was not up front with me about the pricing and soured my my experience from the get go. The only reason I purchased this particular dealer was that they offered a lifetime power train warranty, which I hear may be needed for the CVT. I hope not. After comparing the offerings of the other vehicles in this class, I decided on the Altima. Considering this class of vehicle I believed the Altima offered the most of what I was looking for. That said, after owning the Altima for seven months I realize that it falls slightly short of what it could have been. It drives and handles well, although the engine has more noise upon acceleration than I would like. The seating is comfortable but this model failed to include seat memory. Guess they just forgot to offer it. Although it has blind spot warning, it does not have lane departure - guess they forgot that too! Another feature they left out was key recognition when opening doors. You have to push a little button to open doors, or use the remote. I do like the keyless ignition and the remote start though. As far as safety, the adaptive cruise is fantastic. I also like the home link (garage door remote) in the rear view mirror, but Nissan left out back lighting for the buttons which you can not see in the dark! Speaking of the rear view mirror, I miss the compass in the mirror, another thing they left out! I am averaging about 35 MPG which is about average for this Altima. I was hoping to get better. The trunk has ample room and I like the seat back latches easy access but again Nissan fell a little short, for when pulling the seat back release, the seat backs do not move away from the latch. You have to push on them with something from the rear or have someone pull the seat back forward while you pull the latch. After some study I found the entertainment and navigation systems worked very well. I usually use a flash drive in the USB socket for my music, but the radio receiver works very well, as does the CD player. The Bluetooth functions as both a phone extension and a music streamer for your Bluetooth devices. Since so many devices use a USB for charging it would have been nice to have another USB port. Overall the 2017 Altima SL is a good ride disappointing that Nissan did not quite get it right in several areas.

At 50,000 miles the car is falling apart
By Jarhead

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 S w/Prod. End 06/17 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

At first everything was ok, but after a year things started falling apart. Do your research on Altimas or even infinity. Lots of class action lawsuits, trying to get Nissan to fix their cars. Terrible products.

At 50,000 miles the car is falling apart
By Jarhead

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 S w/Prod. End 06/17 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my dream car
By Chelle

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my dream car from Nissan of St. Augustine! I am completely satisfied with my 2017 Altima!! It has all of the features I wanted (plus) and it is so much fun to drive!! On top of that, I had the best buying experience I've ever had. Special thank yous go to Clayton my warm, knowledgable, and thorough sales professional, Mike in finance who is helpful and hilarious, and the general manager who was so kind and hospitable. Thank you for EVERYTHING!!! I feel so blessed!!! God is good!!!!!

A Great Vehicle For A Great Price
By Vendben

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL w/Prod. End 06/17 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is very comparable to the Dodge Intrepid I had in the 90's. It offers a smooth ride, great gas mileage and very comfortable seats. I haven't done too much highway driving yet so I don't know what the mileage will work out to be yet. Overall, I am very happy with the vehicle.