2017 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Truly exceptional customer service
By Sameer

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 SR 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had a great experience with Omer Sharif purchasing The 2018 Nissan Altima. He is our guy for our transportation needs. My aunt, uncles, cousins everybody has purchased vehicles from him. We would highly recommend Omer Sharif for your next purchase mainly because of his expertise, professionalism and customer loyalty. Omer rocks!!! Only at Fred Haas Nissan!

Great car
By Trina

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love Altima, I have a 2006 Altima with 149,000, miles!, no serious issues!., still have original engine, transmission

Brakes are awful
By Erin Quinn

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 w/Prod. End 06/17 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my car brand new and it’s been a headache since I bought the piece of shyt. The car does not hold any value and the brakes screk a lot I’ve replaced them 3 times in 1 year. I will never buy another Altima again.

One Year Update
By Gorj

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this Altima about a year ago. In the past I have owned more up-class vehicles, but I thought I would give this one a try because I live to far from dealers who sell up-class vehicles. The local Nissan dealer offered a lifetime warranty on the drive train and that was my primary reason for the purchase. The Altima was loaded with everything offered for the model but lacked things like memory seats, rain sensing wipers, and lane departure warning. I have discovered the navigation is not up to date and no update is available. I would say this is a little above an average vehicle. Acceleration is acceptable, but noisy as four cylinders tend to be, but fuel economy is in the high 30's, and even going into the low 40's on long trips. The transmission is smooth - one hardly knows it is there. Road noise is about average for a vehicle in this price range. Handling is also about average - not great, but not bad either. Front seating is comfortable with plenty of adjustments for the driver, but not so many for the passenger. Rear seating is about average. There is a huge trunk, but the seat back releases are flawed because they have no way of moving away from the latch when pulling the release. I have put about 13k miles on this Altima with no mechanical issues. That is better than some up-class vehicles I have owned! I believe Nissan builds a quality vehicle that falls short of being really a really great vehicle. Finally, the deal I received from the Nissan dealer was not good and I should have shopped around some more. I suggest you do that before purchasing any vehicle.

12000 miles transmission failed
By Ms. Jackson

2017 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV w/Prod. End 06/17 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car brand new in June 2017. June 2018 with approximately 12000 on it I had to get a new transmission. ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS. I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL. Nissan need to do something out of good faith since my car is not consider a lemon.