Skip to main content
$25,795

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your trim:
12345...7

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 Eclipse Cross, so we've included reviews for other years of the Eclipse Cross since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Good all around cuv

EC in PA, 12/21/2019
2019 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross ES 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

First of all, this review is for the ES model. It has some very important differences from all the other models. It's the basic model with a manual hand brake and 16" wheels. All other models have the electric emergency brake and 18" wheels. This is important to remember because all of the "expert" reviews I have watched or read always test the more expensive models. Having 18" rims with tires that equal rubber bands negatively effects ride quality and all off-road capability. If you're going to use this little crossover for anything other than maintained gravel roads or just getting to work in deep snow, you should most likely get the ES. My Eclipse Cross with 215/75/16 Yokohama Geolandar A/T tires have enough sidewall to actually conform to rough terrain and soften out the bumps. Being a devoted Subaru fanboy, I really had my doubts about the AWD in this Mitsubishi. But I am truly impressed with it's capability. My wife and I have taken this thing where, in all honesty, we should have had a true 4WD with a rear locker. Even up on 3 wheels it still keeps going. Remember, I have all terrain tires that I can air down for more traction. An Eclipse Cross with 18" wheels and all weather radials would never dream of following us. You CANNOT get an Eclipse Cross with the electric E-brake and put anything smaller than 17" wheels on it! Smaller diameter wheels won't clear the E-brake mechanism. Fuel mileage: Highway mileage is not all that impressive. In Eco mode, barely touching the accelerator, I can squeeze 29.8 mpg out of it. What's nice though is back rough roads and trails where were always in a low gear ratio I still get over 26. I find the motor to be zippy and the power more than enough. It's very comparable to our 07 2.5 Automatic Impreza. You won't blow anybody's mind with speed, but it will pass the people in the slow lane safely, even up hill So, why only 4 stars? It's because of the cvt transmission. It's the same brand used in Nissan and other cars. They're definitely not known for longevity. That being said, for some reason Mitsubishi hasn't had the problems with them others have. There are many Outlanders out there approaching 200k on an original cvt which is the same one used in the Eclipse Cross. Fingers crossed! Hopefully this transmission won't turn out to be a pile of crap. I would definitely recommend this car to someone who understands what is is. It's NOT a sports car, a rock crawler, or something you want to tow with. If you want something with unique styling, more power than other compact cuvs that you can take camping and have some fun doing some mild off-roading (better known as soft roading) then get one. Just keep in mind what I mentioned about what makes the ES model unique.

5 out of 5 stars

Great little SUV for the money

Brandon, 12/25/2020
updated 07/06/2021
2020 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross LE 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

A YEAR AFTER OWNERSHIP UPDATE: I still love my Eclipse Cross LE so very much. I'm still finding new, exciting things out about this vehicle. Lately, I've been really seeing what it's AWD system can do in gravel setting, and testing out the ECO mode to see how good of gas mileage I can get...while the MPG on sticker is 25/26, just today, while in Gravel, ECO mode I got 34 mpg! Not bad at all! I'm still having a blast with my Eclipse Cross and still think the value holds up. ORIGINAL REVIEW: The single most important thing I have to say: ignore the "pro" reviews, read the owner reviews and GO DRIVE ONE. I bought my 2020 Eclipse Cross LE AWD this July, but I had been researching my next car purchase for about two years. I had a budget in mind, and coming off several New England winters in a Nissan Versa, all wheel drive/four wheel drive was a must. I began looking into the crossover market and came up with a top three to go drive, look into and make a decision based on. Let the record show: if I had just based my decision with the pro reviews, I would have never purchased this great little ride. I couldn't be happier with my decision to go against the grain, and purchase my first brand new vehicle with Mitsubishi. There really isn't much I don't love about my EC. I agree with the previous reviewer in that this is a great entry level step into the crossover/SUV market, coming off a smaller car and into something larger. Everything about the driving experience is easy to navigate, handling both winding stretches of highway and tight city streets with ease. It was a very easy transition for me to move from the cramped Versa and into the Eclipse Cross, but it certainly feels like a tremendous step up, in terms of speed, looks and size. I find it comfortable for me and my family, and it really does stand up to any task I put it to, whether it's commuting to work or family trips or carting around the groceries. I also plan to have the tow package installed to carry my band gear from gig to gig. While the tow capacity is only 1500 lbs, that will be perfect to get me and my band from one show to the next with all of our gear. Last, my favorite thing about this ride: the quality to cost ratio. It is my belief that the bad reputation of the manufacturer that translates into great savings to the buyer. A frequent complaint in reviews I read is that the sticker price is too high in comparison to bigger, more well known brands. Maybe so, but this is a brand that is motivated to sell some vehicles and as such, they offer great discounts. I paid 5k off sticker for an exceptionally equipped SUV! With a decent down payment and good credit, I am paying less than 300 dollars a month for a GORGEOUS ride with tons of bells and whistles! Oh. And the best warranty in the business (tied with Hyundai and Kia, but they just recalled 600k vehicles for engine fires, so no thanks) at 5 years/60k bumper-to-bumper and 10 years/100k powertrain warranty to back it all up. I fully recommend given the EC a shot. It is unfair to compare it to a sports car from twenty years ago, which I guess was Mitsubishi's biggest mistake in the marketing of this vehicle. It's not a sports car by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a good looking, affordable, versatile and dependable SUV. I've driven it through a foot of snow, I've driven it through bumper to bumper traffic. Either way, it does a good job every time. Don't let the bad rep dissuade you if you're in the market for a crossover. There is a reason I choose this over Honda and Subaru. I implore you to go find out.

5 out of 5 stars

Love my 2022 Eclipse Cross!!!!

3g eclipse, 05/20/2021
2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross SEL 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I purchased a 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross SEL FWD with the touring package and absolutely love this vehicle! Mitsubishi has modified their target audience and now seems to focus on making smoother, more comfortable vehicles, with fantastic visibility and maneuverability. This vehicle has adaptive cruise control, multi-view camera system, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, front collision mitigation, heated side mirrors, auto-dimming rear view mirror, very comfortable and good-looking heated leather seats, great visibility, great maneuverability, great turning radius, is fun to drive, has decent cargo space, good legroom and headroom, 2 skylights (1 opens, 1 stationary), satellite radio, hd radio, bluetooth connectivity for phones and music players, apple car play & android auto, tastefully tinted back seat windows, rear windows and skylights, and a smooth, comfortable, quiet ride. The Eclipse Cross looks fantastic on the outside and is nice and clean on the inside. The LED headlights are VERY good. The eclipse also has LED fog lights, a feature that several competing manufacturers no longer offer. Acceleration is much better than the critics lead one to believe. While definitely not a racing vehicle, and definitely not as quick as a long gone 4th generation eclipse coupe that went from 0-60 in 5.8 seconds, neither are most normal vehicles out on the road. I have a 4th generation eclipse coupe with a 3.8 liter v6 engine so I do have that frame of reference. That said, the eclipse cross does does have some decent torque for merging onto the highway. The eclipse cross is a much nicer vehicle than critics would lead one to believe. I have not had the vehicle long enough to comment on gas mileage, but the car's computer displayed a 31 mpg estimate for a recent highway drive.

5 out of 5 stars

Excellent choice of vehicle- 34 MPG HWY!

Mitsufan, 03/13/2022
2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross LE 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Can't say enough about this vehicle. I'm 6'2 and with the front seat comfortably adjusted for me, I can still fit the back thanks to sliding rear seats. The 2000 lb towing capacity is nice, I've hauled an open trailer filled with mulch (maybe 800 lb?) and it performed flawless, felt pretty stable throughout the trip- the owners manual does recommend using premium fuel when towing. I did so, and the throttle response seemed better, as well as more power from the engine when accelerating and cruising. The engine is punchy and responsive on regular 87 when not towing and the AWD system works tremendously well on dirt and snow covered roads. My fuel mileage has far exceeded what the EPA says I should be getting. Most recent long highway trip netted me 34 mpg from pump-to-pump, hand calculated. The dash indicator showed me getting 34.5, so a little optimistic but not by much. If I had any complaints they'd be these- 1) Factory tires are pretty mediocre, new Continentals made a world of a difference 2) The gloss black plastic inside the cabin scratches if you look at it wrong. Had the exact same thing happen in Lincoln MKZ and Honda Accord, so not unexpected, just annoying. 3) The factory MPG ratings almost turned me away from test driving this vehicle. I don't know what the EPA was thinking when they rated it. Expect 25-27 city, low-to-mid 30's highway. Highly suggest at least test driving it, I really wasn't expecting much and really got blown away with how it performed. So far, I continue to be impressed. Definitely a contender against the RAV4 and the CR-V, which we cross shopped.

2022 Eclipse Cross SEL 31.3 - 32 MPG😊

Dan, 09/04/2021
updated 09/08/2022
2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross SEL 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My wife and I recently returned from a vacation that took us through the mountains of Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine upon returning 2 1/2 weeks later avg 31.3 mpg! The vehicle was loaded with stuff and performed flawlessly!!

12345...7