Used 2015 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used SL-Class for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

PURE SUBLIME ELEGANCE

Matt, 05/02/2019
SL 550 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

This is my dream car. I love that its fast as lightning , beautiful to look at and the way it handles, but does it all in an effortless, professional way. It is so packed with luxury but is still a masculine car. do we really like to get punished in a Porsche just because we want to drive in a sports car? Maybe getting soft in my 40's but I like a quiet, smooth, UN-jarring ride mixed with massive power and agility. I'm not competing on a race track. anyone saying this SL is anything less than totally sophisticated understated and beautiful is maybe upset that they don't own it. Update: excellent reliability still just as beautiful as the day I bought it.

A classic Benz

William Ferguson, 10/01/2019
SL 400 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Styling is subjective but I think it’s gorgeous. Twin turbo V-6 has plenty of power and gets 30+ mpg on highway. Love the massaging seats and other luxury features. Ride is firm, even in Comfort mode, but not punishing. I bought an off-lease car with 30k miles for less than half of list price. Like all Mercedes products, maintenance costs are high. This car has a very high “wow” factor.

Live in your car, love what you drive!!!

Flo Bullock, 12/01/2019
SL 400 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Best car I have ever owned. It's solid, feels super safe. It' a fun drive! The trunk is deceiving. It fits more than you can imagine. Haven't had any problems with it other than a couple of minor things that were covered. It's almost 5 years old.

Wonderful

John Bailen, 05/22/2020
SL 400 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Replaced my Jaguar XK with a SL 400. Big step up in sophistication. Tech is far superior in the SL. Great rear drive handling. Mine has a CD player (Edmunds review says it shouldn’t). Also, the top is a two piece, not three, which limits the stylists in the size of the quarter windows. After eight months I remain very pleased with my SL. The shift points on the transmission are sometimes odd. Maybe Mercedes should consider providing ZF units as do many of their competitors. Still enjoying my SL. It recently required a repair to the retractable hardtop. It is a hydraulic system. It had a leak in one of the lines. A not inexpensive repair. Maybe a little early for that type of repair with only 34,000 miles.

Everyone who enjoys driving should have an SL

John Galati, 10/14/2020
SL 550 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

My wife and I bought a 2015 550SL with every option except Magic Sky Roof. We are delighted with the car! The comfort for two persons, particularly on long drives is exceptional. All aspects of performance including acceleration, braking, and handling are well beyond a level anyone can use on public roads. Driving with the roof down on a winding road is an experience that every driver should have. We find it hard to imagine that any comparable car can provide as much luxury and performance as we are enjoying in our SL.