Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

Used M-Class for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...16

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

Breaks frequently but performs decent.

5hundo, 12/29/2016
ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

You'd think after over 100 years in the automotive manufacturing business, Mercedes would have been able to figure out how an oil seal works but apparently not, if the ML 320 CDI is any indication. Some owners have reported oil cooler seal failure with as little as 60k miles others see it at around 100k miles but EVERYONE gets it! To fix these seals requires turbo, and intake manifold removal, for which I was given a dealer estimate of $3,700. This is after a few electronic sensor failures, in addition to a fuel pump failure that cost over $1,000 to fix (low pressure fuel pump). The dealer network is useless! The parts counter can't even tell me accurately what kind of coolant I'm supposed to use. It originally came with yellow, then they switched... But to what? The forums say blue colored coolant but the dealership tried to sell me red?!?!?! The whole reason why I bought this car was to offer my wife years of care-free driving. That has not been our experience. The vehicle looks and drives well but it is frustrating to own at times.

4 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

2008 ML320 CDI Diesel - way to go!

Peter Shiakallis, 10/30/2008
ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Bought the ML320 CDI after much consideration vs the BMW X5. It is better than advertised on MPG! I get 24- 28MPG around town and 30-32MPG on the hiway! Minimum 600 - 700 miles per tankfull! Plenty of power and torque that no gas engine can match! No black smoke and no noise! Americans should re-educate themselves about diesel! No hybrid can match the power and range - period. It is way ahead of any competitor in this range and I am 100% satisfied and as a previous Mercedes Benz owner - this the best I ever had!

A Piece of Metal...

Hervey , 01/09/2018
ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought my 1st Mb 6 years ago, a CLK 320 such an amazing car I got seduced by his performance.. Then we decide to add a 06 E350 Sport what a désappointement... After all we decide to traded it in for this 08 Ml 350 4matic with over 100k Miles, But Maaan!!! This SUV feel like a Rock or block of metal moving... it picks speed so smoothly, it handle curves like a racing car. It so confortable which gives you the pleasure to drive, these are the cars that make you fell like driving and driving without being tired of driving... Because it was built to give you a pleasure of driving... My wife and I looking forward to keep this piece of Rock Metal for a very long time jst like We did with the CLK...

4.5 out of 5 stars

Much Better than 2006

drlgu, 02/17/2009
ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife had a '06 ML350 and loved the looks and how it drove; however, it was in the shop several times for power liftgate and squeaking rear suspension. Decided to trade in for 2008 with P2 package and never regretted it. The 2008 handles much better, probably due to larger wheels and tires. Bought it in June '08 and overall reliability and build quality has been excellent. The '08 also seemed to have improved on the 7sp transmission as it does not hesitate like the '06. Had opportunity to drive in 3 inches of snow and handled very well.

5 out of 5 stars

An excellent SUV combines the goodness

WWW, 01/12/2008
ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I own a Toyota minivan. I have tried Lexus Rx and GX 470, BMW X5, Toyota 4-RUnnner and Highlander hybrids before I settle down to this ML 320 CDI. All the Toyotas and Lexuss have the similar driving trait and characteristic, includ quiet, comfort but boring. BMW is impressive for its road handling and driving capability but it is louder and coarse. Its electronics is too complicated with a lots of trouble. The Mercedes combined all those goodness plus the advantage for fuel economy. So far I got 22-24 MPG combine local and highway in the break in period. The truck is more comfort and quieter than Lexuss and Toyotas. The road handling and drivability is definitely better than Lexus and Toyota

12345...16