Used 2010 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Indy Driver
By Indy driver

2010 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Most economical, reliable and easy to drive car I’ve ever owned. I highly recommend the CX7.

Failed turbo and AC compressor - buyer beware
By Matt

2010 Mazda CX-7 s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased a 2010 cx-7 at 50k miles, drove for 4 years to 84,000 miles, and had the Turbo and AC compressor fail. Dealer wanted $4k for repairs, and Mazda was unwilling to cover any of the cost. Will not buy Mazda again. Never heard of having major engine components fail so early in the life of the vehicle. My 2001 Pontiac grand am is still running with 160k miles on it.

Nice car. Tight fit for people sitting in the bac
By Debbie Smith

2010 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Small space in back seat area. Hard to get good traction when starting on wet surface. Day 3 we had backup camera installed, would of been nice to have backup camera already included. Nice sound system and phone system included as standard. Sits lower than my other SUV. Overall not bad, nice car.

Great family car with sporty look!
By Sebastian

2010 Mazda CX-7 i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I loved driving the car for long and short distance rides with my wife and 15 month old son. The big light truck tires are exactly what you need on Michigan roads with tons of potholes. The car is quite heavy, but still handling was great in all whether conditions. I was driving on wet streets, in ice and snow (having snow tires) and always felt a bit ahead of the other guys, because the car is very stable.

Fail!
By Lori

2010 Mazda CX-7 s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2010 Mazda CX-7 new. I was generally satisfied, though pretty annoyed with the fact that I was constantly being pulled over and told that one of my headlights was out - like every couple of months. This turned out to be a "known issue" for Mazdas according to one of the garage mechanics I talked to because I wasn't about to go to the dealer to have them replaced at several hundreds of dollars (they take off the front bumper or something) - the guy at the garage would sometimes have to spend 20-30 minutes fiddling around to manipulate the gasket to replace the bulb, but they never charged for more than the cost of the bulb. Anyway, I religiously change the oil with synthetic per recommendations and yes, it has 108,000 miles on it now, but just 2 months ago I replaced the wheel bearings in the rear driver's left side and put new front brakes in it to the tune of $800+ at the dealer. So, it would have been nice to have a head's up that is a significant chance that the turbocharger might fail and that if it does that it could lead to catastrophic engine failure. But no, instead that happens on one of the coldest nights of the year during rush hour. And they can't tell me if the turbocharger failure resulted in a blown engine which means the car is basically a hunk of junk or not. The dealer recommends that rather than spending the money on replacing the turbocharger since he doesn't know if that will fix it, I look to trading it in. Well, NOT on another Mazda! Grrrrr.