Used 2016 Mazda CX-3 Consumer Reviews

Used CX-3 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Somewhat Disappointed

Mark, 05/08/2018
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this car in Fall of 2015. Was persuaded by all the great reviews about the handling and "funness" to drive. It is fun to drive and gets pretty good milage for an AWD (I'm getting about 32mpg on the highway). It is easy to see out of and steers very well. I also like that you can kick it into a manual shift mode, which is great for hilly areas or if you need some extra accelleration. Being small, its also pretty easy to park, especially with the back up camera. There are a few things though that have been annoying. 1. Reliability - after 2 1/2 years of ownership I am now on my second AC repair. 2. Electronics are hard to use. It doesn't seem very intuitive. I can never tell if I have my music on shuffle play or not. There is no indication to let you know. I still struggle with making phone calls from the car via the bluetooth connection. Overall the car seems OK, but if the AC goes again next year it will be at my expense and it will probably be the last Mazda I will ever own. Update 11/10/19: I have had no further issues with the AC so far. Not sure if they improved the AC unit or if it helped that I wire tied a gutter cover I picked up from Home Depot to the lower front grill to prevent the unit from getting pelted with road salt and debris. Not sure this car is built to withstand upstate NY winters. Aside from that all is still going well, and it is still more fun to drive than most other cars I have owned. I'm still undecided as to whether my replacement for this will be another Mazda or possibly a Subaru Crosstrek. I expect to find out in a couple years, depending on how well the AC unit holds up.

Love my new Mazda

alli mcquillin, 04/12/2016
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

It's a year later and I'm still calling her my new car. I still get compliments weekly on how she looks, runs, drives, rides. My agent at the dealership is beyond helpful. Iain at Camelback is the best. I wouldn't trade her for any other. I'm a Mazda owner for LIFE.

Great value - if you wear "S" or "M" and are agile

Bug, 11/22/2015
Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I really liked the design, technology, and direction Mazda is going these days. CX-3 appears exciting, safe, and incredible value. I'm older and not as agile as I used to be, and I like my console space for coffee tank, phone, doodads to be handy on my long daily commutes. I was hoping CX-3 would be good fit, but awkward console placement and crampy ingress/egress (lower back issues) led to a 'pass' on this model. If I was 20-40 and had a long commute however, I'd seriously consider this! BTW, the Mazda 3 hatchback fit's me much better!

It’s a nice car but...

David, 12/13/2017
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the fully loaded model with all of the bells whistles including iactivesense. CONS: 1. No light in the glove box or the driver side mirror. There is also only one dim light in the trunk. For a fully loaded model, this should be great. 2. The USB ports don’t work well. They keep my devices from losing charge but don’t charge the device more. I have to use the one cigarette lighter port to have it charge my device. This should work! 3. No power seat adjusters in the driver seat! For the fully loaded model, this should be standard. 4. No middle seat storage up front and a crappy arm rest (that I had to purchase separately!) 5. Not fast! Take a while to speed up! PROS: I used to have a Mazda 3 fully loaded and it was loud inside. This car is quiet inside. OVERALL: for the price point it should be perfect. It needs improvement. So after less than a year, I traded the vehicle in! Wasn’t impressed.

Zoom...Zooom

Candace Krefft, 01/18/2017
Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

There are two things that I dislike about the car. There is no center compartment to store things in and it did not have an electric seat available. I enjoy driving the car overall and it does have lots of Zoom....Zoom. I purchased the car because I wanted something smaller but did not want to give up luxury because of that. I have had 3 Mazda's and have never had problems with them.

Great little SUV

Ann Farley, 01/13/2019
Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car is loaded, comfortable, and a bargain compared to other SUVs. Other suvs with similar features cost considerably more to purchase and maintain. I average 28-29 mpg around town, 30+ on the highway. Sufficient cargo room for its size, and adults have expressed good rear leg space. It starts quick and handles exceptionally well around corners and rainy days. I’ve only driven a bit on snow and it drove fine, taking obvious precautions for bad weather conditions. I’m selling it because of personal life changes.

General Disappointment

Amy Hamilton, 07/13/2016
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Limited Driver View (lots of blind spots). Read head rests cover seat when down jutting out and making ride uncomfortable in back seat. When up, they block driver rear view sight and leave about a 18 in view space between head rests. Controls in panel between seats and the toggle to select is annoying and while voice control works fine, radio stations take too many "clicks" to get to. As well, touch screen is disabled when driving. Annoying.

sudden unintended accelaration

yeshim nemirovsky, 02/11/2016
Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

On January 27th 2016, I got into a very bad car accident while parking with my new Mazda CX3. That day I drove 20 minutes from home to work, and when I entered to parking lot I was may be 15 miles an hour! After I made my 90 degree turn into parking stall with a very slow speed, I pushed the brake to fully stop! Car almost stopped but suddenly something extraordinary happened and car suddenly accelerated! I could not do anything! It stopped by hitting the snow bank and another car parked in another stall! Lots of damage on both cars! Luckily I was OK physically and there was nobody in the other car. As soon as I can, I called Mazda CEC, filed a claim and made the car towed to the dealership where I purchased it. Both dealership and Mazda engineer inspected the car, they think there is anything wrong with the car however there is NO explanation regarding how this sudden acceleration happened when data from car also tells that my feet was on brake during the incident! I did lots of research, talked to lawyers who are very familiar with sudden unintended acceleration and found that there are similar cases, involving "sudden unintended acceleration" with many accidents involving bad injuries and sometimes death, but to the best I can figure out, it is difficult to prove causation by car malfunction. It leaves no trace and it is very hard to prove car has a problem. Even NHTSA did not find a vehicle-based cause of those incidents but some manufacturers still needed to pay millions of dollars to people who had sudden acceleration with their cars for their lost! Because it happens even though we don’t know why! Mazda CEC wants me to take the car back and drive it to replicate the incidents while all facts out there tells that sudden acceleration happens with unknown reason and kills people! Does Mazda really want me to prove with my life that this car has a defect?

So far so good

Carole Cimitile, 01/02/2017
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The car handles well. Sporty look which I like. Safety features are impressive. The cargo area could be a bit larger.

Great Price Mini SUV

DB, 04/13/2017
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Love this mini SUV!!! I feel that I am getting a lot our of this car for the price. I did many comparisons but nothing beat the CX-3 GT with I-active. I got everything that I wanted! The blind spot monitor, smart cruse control, heads up display, lane departure, Bose, nav, and so on! The space is kind of a downside but Its just me and my girlfriend and we are average height so there is still plenty of room in the back room. I don't use the trunk much so that doesn't bother me. It is a fun car good mileage to me,my drive to work is about 5 miles and I average 30 mpg to 29 mpg. Cant wait to take it up to snow!

12345...6