Used 2016 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

I love my Mazda
By Shan

2016 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Most people prefer Toyota, Honda for their reliability, Mazda is reliable to and has great interiors and great exterior design compared to both Honda or Toyota. Mazda6 looks and drives great.

Wonderful car for off interstate highway touring
By Paul

2016 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The pros: wonderful miles per gallon, very comfortable, smooth ride, great trunk. The cons: poor navigation system (no live traffic data, search data not based on reasonable proximity), not for speedy accelerators. Note that the car is geared for optimal performance between 45-60 miles per hour. If you are looking for a car that will travel effortlessly on the interstate (at speeds of 65-75 miles per hour), a different make should be on your list.

Excellent Vehicle
By Tony Garcia

2016 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall the vehicle is an amazing product!

Fantastic vehicle for any occasion.
By HolguinT

2016 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

It seems as though the Mazda 6 has earned its spot among brand loyalists the most. those who have owned any, or multiple Mazda vehicles in the past were drawn to this model because of the brand itself. The driving dynamic that Mazda keeps focus on is very evident in the 6. Those who would call a mid-size sedan's sharp handling/mechanical grip/high revving engine/firm suspension/manual transmission all either uncomfortable or an inconvenience. They've forgotten the reason Mazda does what they do. It was for those reasons that I looked forward to purchasing my 6. I couldn't see myself in another makes mid-size sedan and being as pleased with a simple drive down the street. A muted driving experience, while I agree would be much more comfortable would only take away from the reason Im driving to begin with. While the complaint with engine power being on the lower end, I find it quite sufficient when it's needed. I purchased an iTouring manual transmission model simply because I enjoy being engaged when I drive. Having the ability to hold onto a gear while merging onto a highway/interstate is easier and puts you in a better position to utilize every bit of HP/torque the engine has to offer. Comfort will always be subjective, but I do enjoy the interior of the 6. Seats are firm and supportive, while lateral movement is kept well in check during cornering. The manual transmission is excellent and to be expected from Mazda. The shift gate is well weighted, great centering tension, and engages with a satisfying "thunk" Quicker shifts on what's still not quite broken in do take some attention, and a missed shift or two will bring one back to reality. The tire/wheel combo of the Touring and Grand Touring models is great, both for aesthetics and driving. Road noise is not near as bad as some would lead you to believe. Granted I've not driven other's in this segment, and while cabin noise is surely lower in those vehicles, my basis for comparison leads me to think that interior noise is very acceptable. Cargo space will always be an issue for me as I still desire Mazda to bring the 6 wagon to the U.S. market. My other vehicle is a 2003 Mazda Protege5 and has performed so well in every aspect. I bought my 6 as an upgrade in both fit and finish, it would have been a homerun if I could have added utility to that list with the 6 wagon. The trunk is very effective still. Multiple 400mi road trips have allowed me to pack away everything in the trunk, leaving the back seat open for misc items or more passengers. If you're desire to buy is based on power/comfort/appearance you'll need to either accept you cannot have all three, or be willing to pay a premium to do so. I believe the 6 offers you a premium feel, handling, and comfort for a very competitive price. It's easily a vehicle I can see myself owning well after it's paid for.

Gone on a few Tours with the Mazda 6 Touring
By Tim

2016 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted a car that looked good, had some pep, decent gas milage, reliable, and was comfortable enough for some long road trips. Mission accomplished with my silver 2016 Mazda 6 Touring. I live in Minnesota, and have driven it to Breckenridge CO, New Orleans LA, and recently to Ishpeming MI. The tires that came on the car lasted about 2 years, I just replaced them with Kumho ECSTA LX PLATINUM - SIZE: 225/45ZR19. They seem to be doing the job. My only minor complaints are that the stereo system will lose it's presets periodically (it hasn't happened for a while now), the oil plug required a special T-50 socket which my oil change place just replaced the plug with one that takes a standard socket, and the original tires were not good in snow and only lasted 40k. Besides these minor complaints I love this car, and get many compliments on it.