Used 2016 Lexus NX 200t Consumer Reviews

Used NX 200t for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

So nice we bought it twice

Eric M, 06/10/2016
4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am already the owner of a 2015 NX F-sport which I gave a 5 star review back in November 2015. We recently became empty nesters so my wife decided it was time to downsize from her 2009 Mazda CX-9 GT and move into a 5-seater CUV. She test drove the Mazda CX-5 GT (loved it but needs more power), the Nissan Murano (very nice and would have bought it except it rolled too much in the turns - she had gotten used to the CX-9's excellent steering/handling which feels like driving a much smaller sedan) and the Acura RDX (very well designed, but she found the exterior styling bland and boring). She had already driven my car before and decided other than a slightly smaller cargo space, it was better than any of the vehicles she test drove. We found exactly what she wanted - a base unit with the premium package and no NAV. She absolutely loves the vehicle from the unique exterior styling to the smooth acceleration, ride and handling and its very comfortable, luxurious interior. The main differences between her base model and my F-sport are the paddle shifters and the additional turbo boost and accelerometer gauges. The handling advantage in the F-sport is only really noticeably in very hard and fast turns and I think a lot of that has to do with the better grip of the summer tires. Also, since she doesn't have the NAV system, the infotainment controller is a dial with a push-button selector. I find this much easier to use than the track-pad system on my car because it is overly sensitive and requires too much concentration if you're trying to use it while driving. Sometimes simpler is better. We only have a few minor issues with the car. We wish the BSM had an audible tone when you signal and a car is in your path in addition to the orange light in the side view mirror. Her former CX-9 and all the vehicles she test drove had this feature so I'm surprised it's missing. Also, the low fuel warning comes on at a way too early 12.5 gallons. You still have over 3 gallons remaining so I find the warning a little too aggressive as I often haven't reached 300 miles yet when the light comes on. But these are minor quibbles. All in all, the NX200t is an excellent choice if your looking for a compact CUV.

Great looker, ugh entertainment/navigation control

D.Coty, 06/23/2016
F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had done my homework, so I knew quite about this car/SUV. Every review mentioned that the navigation controls were... horrible. Well, yes they are. The silly touchpad just doesn't work in a car, it's not intuitive and certainly almost impossible to use while driving, thankfully I can enroll the kids or my wife for the chore. The rest of the vehicle is a dream. The Mica Blue is attractive in almost any light, and the headlights are visually beautiful and work great. The car does look a bit "chunky" from the sides, but otherwise a nice looking car. The interior is roomy front and back, and the cargo area is tight but adequate. Lesux, please fix.... replace the touchpad and you have a winning car.

Love it so far

Fyrcat, 04/12/2016
4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded my 1999 RX 300 towards the purchase of the 2016 NX f-sport. I got the ultra-white with black interior. So, I was disappointed in the materials used for the interior. I came from wood and leather in the RX. I though Lexus was strictly top shelf, and was disappointed in their using nuluxe, aka, pleather, aka vinyl. And NO wood, and NO options for an upgrade. I am hearing that the non f-sports may offer a leather option. Also, only two color options..one all black, one mostly all black with red accents. I would have liked a lighter interior...black shows EVERYTHING! So, in addition, not thrilled about Lexus Enform. Perhaps I am in the minority...I only drive less than 5,000 miles a year. My trips tend to be the same, grocery shopping and errands. We don't tend to go on long road trips. In addition, we live in the trees, and our roads are covered in trees and satellite goes in and out..so I will not subscribe to Lexus Enform...which after the first free year runs some $300.00 a year. There was a bit of hard sell on this at the time of purchase, seperate from our actual car salesman. I spent 1-2 hours with a technical advisor..just wanting to get out of there. I am one who reads manuals, and learn what I need to. The vehicle itself is super fun to drive..is super comfy, and drives a bit like a sports car. I love it so far, and am hoping it is as reliable as my old friend the 17 yr. old RX300. And perhaps, someday Lexus will offer leather seats for the f-sport, and I would look into trading out my vinyl ones.

Happy Wife, Happy Life

Sal D., 05/07/2016
F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First of all, I don't get it when people whine about the car AFTER they buy it. That's what due diligence is for. Want leather - get the upgrade; concerned about cargo space - open the liftgate and scope it out; want a little snazz - get the F Sport like we did with red and black interior and trade off on the material. That said, there's really nothing not to like about the car. I don't pay much attention to race track details like acceleration time zero to sixty, just how the car moves and handles in normal driving conditions, and there's enough power and nimbleness to get you through 99% of what you'll experience on the road every day. Love the seat memory system and the power liftgate. No complaints anywhere else. We've had the car for over three months now, and best of all, wife loves it, which makes my day.

Like a luxury SUV and a sports car all in one!

Gregory Hickey, 09/06/2018
F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 4 year 50,000 mile warranty is a good place to start, but it's a Lexus and you won't need it. Reliability of Lexus is tops. This vehicle handles exceptionally well, more like a sports car than a small SUV. I've had sports cars that do not handle this well. It is really "zippy" and nimble. Some folks do not like the way the electronic display/nav screen works with a mouse pad, but it is very simple and easy to use. The power seats have a good amount of settings and the driver seat memory is a plus. I was struck by the aggressive styling of the front and sides. Compared to other vehicles this size, it is heavier because of the quality of the build. The engine is very quiet, and sound deadening materials such as premium glass and better insulation make it very quiet on the highway. The only thing I would improve is the number of cup holders. I live in a mountainous area and have a steep, sometimes icy long driveway which is a breeze with AWD; but for added safety, this vehicle also has a 4 wheel drive mode for harsh conditions. New tires at 44,000 miles. Just had the 45000 mile service done. A reputable certified shop completed it for 1/2 of the dealer estimate. Simply, I still love this car! I typically have purchased a new car every two years, but plan on keeping this one a long time.

12345...11