Used 2003 Lexus LX 470 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used LX 470 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Solid, dependable, still garnishes status

tpa33, 12/10/2013
4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a technician and I know build quality. You will not find this level of precision or quality with any other vehicle with full time 4 wheel drive and true transfer case. Bought used only because its virtually still new and we should all expect 350,000 miles of hard or pampered use from the LX470/Land cruisers.

Excellent

Tom, 04/29/2009
4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Outstanding vehicle. If you can afford it and want an SUV, look no further. My LX 470 has 80,000 miles on it and it rides as nice as it did when I bought it. Reliability, comfort and quality are super, not one rattle or vibration after the 6 years I have owned the vehicle. Probably built too well as there is no reason to get rid of it even after 6 years. I plan on keeping it for a long time and putting many more miles on it. Performs flawlessly in the snow as I can go anywhere. Had to get to navigate on a steep, closed road one snowy day. No problem at all in this vehicle. Just a great vehicle.

Best of Rest

Mohs Doc, 08/31/2003
4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

25K trouble free miles. 12-14 mpg expected when one notes the 5500+ lbs. of weight. Nothing on the market to compare with it unless the NEW Range Rover, now under German mgmt, might be a contender, but I would have to be shown.

Love My LEXIE

Caroline913, 12/06/2003
4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great SUV, fun to drive and I feel very safe on the highway. I love all the toys and the interior is so classy. I've owned other SUVs, but this time I've found a gem.

My Truck

dickbarber, 08/05/2003
4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Of course the Lux stuff -- clients/investors ride in style in LA and DC. Always smooth and cool. Best part tho is the utility. Does everything in style. Camped in it for a month in the Sierra (slept in the back). Serious off-road in summer/winter in desert/mountain. Water crossings to 20". Climbs and scambles like a Wrangler but with a Lex ride. Amazing in snow with the adjustable suspension and stock tires. Delivers Docs and nurses in snow emergencies. Handles triple digit speeds in emergencies. Tows fine, not fast, but secure. 7,000K trailer with brakes no prob.

Top Dog

DrMike, 01/29/2004
4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had many SUV's over the past 10 years, but never one that was "all-in- one." This LUV (luxury utility vehicle) is the BEST of everything that I have ever wanted and enjoyed. This LUV makes me "want" to drive, even on the busiest roadways. The quality speaks volumes for the name Lexus. This is The Vehicle that you can be comfortable taking ANYWHERE, the Country Club or camping or just kicking back for a cruise on the road.

lexus lx470 donna's view

donnanard, 01/22/2003
4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

love the truck, performs well always. love the looks

4 in A Row

L Wood, 09/06/2003
4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

There is nothing even close and I own or have owned them all.

LX 470

rkisaacs, 09/25/2003
4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wonderfully smooth and quiet ride, incredibly maneuverable and near- perfect road performance. My only problem with this gem is with the interior design, specifically with the seats. There are so many buttons and lights, but it's fun to figure them all out.

Our 3rd LX 470

CamOwens, 09/25/2003
4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Without qualification, the best vehicle in its' class. Nothing else out there gives us what the LX 470 does. We will continue to be loyal customers until when and if someone designs and builds a better model, which I suspect will also be Lexus.

51050