Used 2015 Lexus GS 350 Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Lexus GS 350 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

Disappointed - should have gone for Audi or MB
By Sandy

2015 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Bought a 2015 CPO F-sport - should have driven it longer than the 15 min. test drive. Very Very disappointed ....I normally keep my cars 6-8 years.....this one I've had 1 month, and cannot wait to trade in for something else......should have gone for an AUdi A4 or MB C300. Here is my view......POSITIVES......- Looks nice, F-Sport adds to the sporty look, quiet on highways and for sure will be extremely reliable having owned toyotas . NEGATIVES - Acceleration is bad, unless driven in Sports/Sports plus mode which kills the gas mileage.....no torque at low speeds and the transmission seems to get stuck in higher gears too long (kinda defeats the purpose of an 8-speed Tranny). Seats are rock solid leather...no comfort at all.....Metallic Gas paddle/Brake look nice but very hard on feet ......handling is so-so, and harsh with the 19 inch wheels......No holder for sun-glasses (really ? my toyota has it) ; no visor extender to block sun (again, my toyota has it).....Complicated electronics....too many menus to go thru for simple tasks.....and the mouse like controller is a PAIN......bottom line - overpriced for what you get.....4-cyl acceleration with 6-cyl gas mileage. Going to trade mine in soon while it is still under CPO warranty.....

Great car!
By Driver Dan

2015 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I have had a 2015 GS 350 which I lost to hurricane Harvey and replaced it with a 2015 GS 350 F-sport with Mark Levinson sound system, and a few other options. I was somewhat dissatisfied with the first one because of the lack of sporty handling. I had previously had an Infiniti M35, 2008 model with 20 inch wheels which handled magnificently. The larger wheels and larger tires on the F sport and the sportier steering and suspension made huge difference for me. I test drove a 2015 Audi A6 with 20 inch wheels and although acceleration was better, I found ride, even in comfort mode somewhat punishing. And the Audi system was truly frightening and non intuitive. To put on a radio station There were menus within menus within menu. The motorized screen seemed hokey and trouble prone. The GS motorized rear sunshade makes huge difference in heat of summer, much more than I expected. The regular GS radio is great except for bass, I had to add a subwoofer to listen, the Mark Levinson system superb, significantly better than the ML system on the IS, which I also drove. In sport plus mode very similar to IS, however in Normal mode the comfort of the GS is far superior. I plan on keeping this car for a long time. Could be better on gas mileage, but used turbo F sports were not available. I have heard so many complaints about BMW reliability did not want to test drive one. Next car will be electric. Fine way to say goodbye to gasoline engine!!! If you are thinking of a GS F sport I don’t think you will be sorry.

Great car
By Al Papp

2015 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

One of the best cars I ever had. Coming from a Cadillac that was a lemon this is very refreshing An all around solid vehicle with no mechanical issues. The navigation and mouse to navigate it has to go. It's the one thing Lexus will change because of the complaints. Other than that. This car rocks!

2015 GS350 F Sport
By Mike Newman

2015 Lexus GS 350 Crafted Line 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

November 2017 - I still love this car. Quiet, sporty, well built, all-around best sedan I've ever owned.
Park Place Lexus in Grapevine, TX made our purchase a very pleasant experience. In and out in about 3 hours, including test drive.
The car we chose had only 2000 miles and we paid $16,000 less than a 2016 comparably equipped, just because our vehicle was red. Apparently, people still believe the urban myth that red cars get more tickets, so Park Place was making a deal to move it.
This GS is smoother, faster, quieter, and more comfortable than my BMW 330i was. The 6 year unlimited miles warranty on certified Lexus is unbeatable.
We originally looked at the RC350 F Sport, but moved the GS for more room and comfort. GS is just as fast anyway, and offers more trunk space for traveling.

Right Mix of Luxury, Performance, and Reliability
By Jun Lang

2015 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a previous owner of BMW, I think Lexus GS 350 AWD has the right balance of luxury, performance, and reliability. Its cabin is quiet and made of high quality materials. Its ride is plush and comfortable. Its performance, although not quite as good as BMW, but is pretty close. On top of that, you get the excellent reliability of Lexus, which is far better than its German competitor.