2019 Kia Stinger Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Do not buy the KIa Stinger

Robert Parks, 07/31/2019
GT1 4dr Sedan AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I traded in a 16 optima lease a year early to lease what I thought was my dream car. I bought at GT AWD on 12/18. Within a month the rear defroster unit shorted out and was supposedly fixed by the dealership where I bought the car. On 5/14 on my way into work the rear defroster shorted out again. I called the dealership to schedule another appointment that weekend to fix it. On my way home I smelled smoke coming from the back of the car. I immediately pulled over and opened the hatchback to see that the entire right side of the truck was on fire and flames shot out of the car and burned my hand. The car burned to the frame within 3 minutes. An investigation was done on the car with the NHTSA, fire investigators, Kia's engineers, and the dealership, Kia accepted responsibility for the cause of the fire which was a faulty rear defroster assembly unit. I spent well over 200 hours trying to get a response back from Kia. I was assigned a case manager who refused to reply to my emails or phone calls. Last night, Kia offer to me to make things right was my initial down payment on the lease only if I signed a gag order to never discuss what happened. They are trying to buy the car back from my insurance company saying they want to do more tests, but honestly they are trying to hide the fact that the only reason I am not dead is the fact I had a full tank of gas and there were no fumes to blow the car up with me in it. If I had not pulled over my 6 year old would have been in the back seat when the fire started. I have tried numerous time to escalate the issue and we are told my case worker at Kia doesn't have a boss and then they just hang up on me or my wife. This car has a fatal defect and Kia wont do anything until someone dies in this car! I have contacted several legal firms and I am also contacting every local news investigation team in the state to try and save peoples lives. At this point it not about the money, its Kia selling vehicles that they know are not safe and can kill people.

Stung by the Stinger / My $48k Mistake

Patrick Hill, 10/22/2019
GT1 4dr Sedan AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I had reservations about spending $48k on a Kia, but my wife wanted the car and I bought it for her. It has 16k miles on it and I am NOT impressed. 1. Depreciation is extreme. 2. I had to replace the front pads and rotors with aftermarket parts at 14k miles - the OEM pads are substandard and create hot spots on the rotors. I was lucky - you’ll see owners replacing the brakes at 6k miles on the owners’ forums. 3. The car went in to limp mode at 16k miles (going about 20 MPH on the highway) 2 days ago. The dealership it was towed to can find “nothing wrong”. Kia roadside assistance trip interruption information is hard to find in writing. The premium customer service number for Stinger and Cadenza owners has been less than responsive. I’ve offered to sell the car to the dealership it’s sitting at. They’ve declined my offer without even discussing price. I wonder why? I will be selling this mistake as soon as I can get it home (assuming it doesn’t break down again, even though the dealership can find nothing wrong). I’ve been stung by the Stinger, you will be too.

The sweet spot between performance and price

Jetcraft99, 01/07/2020
GT1 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchased a 2019 Stinger GT1 upgrading from my Optima SX. Although the Optima is quick, the worst thing about my Optima is the turbo lag with hard acceleration. I’m happy to report that it is much better with the twin turbo in the Stinger. It handles even better than the Optima and the different drive modes are very effective in changing the characteristics of the Stinger. The negatives are that it’s a bit smaller than the Optima with smaller space for the back seat passengers and the visibility restricted especially with the back window. Overall a very fun and good looking car that has the most horsepower per dollar that I could find. I highly recommend it.

Fun sporty and quick car!

Kurt305, 09/08/2019
GT2 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought my Kia Stinger GT2 in July 2018 and I haven’t regretted it one bit ... well would have loved the 360 cameras, but not disappointed in the bit. Acceleration is the most noticeable feature, along with 375 ft-lbs of torque at 1,300 RPM.

Loving my GT2

Tom H, 10/19/2019
GT2 4dr Sedan AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I've just hit 13,000 miles on my 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD. It's so fun to drive! We call it the race car. You can leave it stock and have a ball with this car or do a couple inexpensive modifications and be at 4 seconds 0-60. Mine has a beautiful red leather interior, and black paint with a ceramic coating. It's so fun to own and turns heads everywhere it goes.

12345...6