2011 Kia Optima SX: Hauls The Mail, Among Other Qualities
August 15, 2011
Last week I mentioned that I'd seriously consider buying an Optima if I needed a family sedan. Well, today I've listed ten attributes about our Optima that I find most appealing.
- Engine power. It "hauls the mail," as editor Josh Jaquot would say. Of course, this is relative statement. But the Optima Turbo is quick for a family sedan.
- Good fuel economy. We're only getting a combined 21.7 mpg so far. But that could be related to people enjoying item number one. The EPA combined estimate is 26 mpg.
- Styling. Aggressive and distinctive, I love the way it looks.
- The Corsa Blue paint. This paint color just pops. And its availability is limited to the SX trim only.
- Sporty handling. There's room for improvement, but at least Kia makes a sport-tuned suspension available.
- Paddle shifters. Ditto.
- Logical control layout. Everything falls readily to hand.
- Lots of interior storage. There's plenty of space to put your stuff.
- Extra convenience features. By this I mean things like xenon headlights, keyless ignition/entry and the hated/ventilated seats.
- Price: Even though our car has just about everything on it, it still rings up at just $30,840.
Brent Romans, Senior Automotive Editor @ 10,192 miles