Used 2012 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

By Jean

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Love my car.....great value. Definitely worth the price. Easy to get kids in and out. Cargo space very roomy for a small car. Rides nice. Only issues is traction on wet or snow very light car handling is loose in heavy wind also. Had issues with air conditioner line clogging and normal maintenance only.

Great lil koup!!!
By Dreamz sims

2012 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is one best most reliable cute sporty and fast.handles great too.best gas mileage!!

COMPAC-MEDIATE
By Curt Utton

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Size of car implies a compac, yet overall handling & performance feels closer to an intermediate-size vehicle. Happy with overall handling on VT roads. Vehicle is light so during high wind conditions vehicle gets pushed around. Engine & transmission performance very good. Higher speeds on interstates /thruways car felt very controlled & gas comsumption/mpg is surprisingly very good.
Lent car to visiting family members and all were impressed with this Forte. Traded car in 2016. Now own Lexus. 450h.

Great Compact Car!
By Alan Sloan

2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Keep in mind this is a compact car. You are not going to get ride/room or power of a mid-size car. We purchased our Forte 5 door new on 6/2012 and have 50,000 miles on it.

THE GOOD - a/c, engine power, drives nicely, cup holders and storage room, big back seat (5 door), blue tooth, only one repair - the key would not unlock the driver's door but the remote has always worked. Also a great warranty - 10 yr/100,000 mi

We live in Texas and the a/c can handle the hottest days. I am 6'3" and I have room in the back seat.

THE BAD - No Water Temperature gauge (has light), head rests are very uncomfortable, and the fuel mileage.

If I use the cruise control I get poor fuel mileage. If I drive into a head wind I get poor fuel mileage. Keeping the speed at 70 mph or less with a tail wind and accelerating down hill and backing off going uphill I have gotten 35 mpg as advertised or better several times.

Wow, this car was a great ride!
By connelly.carol@gmail.com

2012 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

For the first 56,000 miles, this car is dependable and looks great; however, do not be fooled by the "normal" KIA noise coming from the engine. I live in Tampa, Florida, and dealership support has been poor thus far. The clicking sounds in the engine base ended up needing a tension pulley at 60,500 miles, just 500 out of warranty. Kia USA agreed to honor and pay as it was 600 $ for repairs. I still heard a metal whirling sound, but was told that was a "normal" KIA sound...what? At any rate, about 3000 miles later, the whirling sound is getting louder and now it has been diagnosed as needing a new compressor..haha. seriously? I still like the car; it handles a little better than the Honda fit (which is out of my league, it seems pricewise), but the Forte is still the riff raff of the hatchbacks, and honestly? With this happening at 60,000 miles, holy moly, I do not see the car having any value whatsoever at 100,000. P.S. I had an Isuzu Trooper 290,000. It was the sweetest 20,000$ I ever spent. I feel I was a bit rough with the scoring, but if I was to get mezmerized and sucked in on a 100,000 power train warranty, it would be with an Elantra. Right now with the boom shakalaka noise and rattle and roll, anything is better than what I am dealing with...1200$ for a compressor, wow!