Used 2012 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

Used Forte for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Great value at a very good price!

bd21, 02/25/2012
EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The Kia Forte is a well engineered vehicle that I believe is best in class for the price. I paid $17,713.00 out the door for a EX 5-door in Titanium with stone interior. My car was equipped with auto-dimming mirror w/compass, wheel locks, rear bumper applique, cargo net, cargo tray, spashguards and an i-pod cable. I had no trade-in and the price included 6% sales tax and all dealer fees. I did get $2,000.00 in rebates. This car is fun to drive around town and on the interstate. I'm very impressed with the design, quality and functionality of this car. I don't think you will find a better car under $21K.

Best car I've ever owned!

Lou, 10/14/2015
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Forte brand new. It's still going at 190k miles. I had to replace the pulleys which were loud and going bad at about 120k. Recently, I replaced the steering bar and bushings because they had worn out. Other than that, this car has given me absolutely no problems. I have maintained it and its runs great and looks good. I plan on driving this car until the wheels fall off. So far it looks like that's going to be for a really long time. Love this car!

Great car for the money!

Dave, 10/14/2015
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had no major complaints about this car. Nothing outstanding, but it is a high quality, problem free compact car. The engine is peppy and acceleration is surprising for this car. The only issue I have is the remote start feature. It doesn't function properly all of the time. I haven't taken it in for that problem since it is out of warranty and I don't use the feature often. The dashboard and controls are very simple and easy to use. There are no annoying design features.

Great Compact Car!

Alan Sloan, 01/26/2016
EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Keep in mind this is a compact car. You are not going to get ride/room or power of a mid-size car. We purchased our Forte 5 door new on 6/2012 and have 50,000 miles on it. THE GOOD - a/c, engine power, drives nicely, cup holders and storage room, big back seat (5 door), blue tooth, only one repair - the key would not unlock the driver's door but the remote has always worked. Also a great warranty - 10 yr/100,000 mi We live in Texas and the a/c can handle the hottest days. I am 6'3" and I have room in the back seat. THE BAD - No Water Temperature gauge (has light), head rests are very uncomfortable, and the fuel mileage. If I use the cruise control I get poor fuel mileage. If I drive into a head wind I get poor fuel mileage. Keeping the speed at 70 mph or less with a tail wind and accelerating down hill and backing off going uphill I have gotten 35 mpg as advertised or better several times.

quicker than you expect

rb7385899, 12/12/2011
SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have the hatch with the 2.4 liter. this is a seriously fast car (for its class/price) with 0-60 in about 7 seconds (A/T). i've owned mine since february 2011, and have about 11,000 miles on it. no service issues so far.

12345...7