Skip to main content
$40,325

Save as much as $649
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Absolute Disappointment

Sherri, 02/22/2022
Summit Reserve 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

As I read with some of the 2021 reviews (sadly not before ordering mine), it is just not ready for “prime time,” and I am heartbroken. On the day I picked it up after waiting impatiently for my dream car to arrive (I ordered a 2021 in Sept, but my 2022 arrive in Jan), so happy!! I am in love with everything about it. The way it looks, the way it drives (I got the hemi), the way the interior looks and feels, all of it. And then, my Summit Reserve’s check engine light came on. Surely it was a fluke, so I brought it to them to look at. Something to do with an “evap leak”. I get it back, so happy! A few weeks later, another check engine light that also went out after a couple of days. Brought it back again. A “kink in the evap hose”. Maybe another fluke? I picked it up in the afternoon. So happy! And then, In the morning, it wouldn’t start. It lit up like a Christmas tree…dash lights, symbols, and everything. I had to have it towed out of my garage and off It went back to the shop. They kept it for a few days. Couldn’t get it to repeat. After they charged the battery, and then replaced it, it worked fine. So now I’m wondering if it’s me? I pick it up, happiness has faded, but I still love it. So I drive it home. The next day, as I’m driving it, the power steering light comes on! Drowsy Driver system disabled. Blind spot system disabled. What. The. Heck!? I still had power steering until I went to park it to get off the road, and then it went out while parking. An hour later, I started it back up. Just fine. No lights. 10 minutes into the drive, back on. Now, I’m just terrified it’ll give out again. It’s currently back at the dealer. I have filed a lemon law claim. Not happy. My roller coaster ride I’m sure is far from over, and this feels like a bad relationship where I love my car, but my trust is so fractured. I asked the dealer’s service department if I was the only one. Nope. Only 1 of the 4 they sold has NOT had issues. (I’m not good at math, but those odds are terrible!) The master technician said there isn’t even any training for them on this thing. Not even sure if it needs some sort of software fix or what because yet again, It won’t repeat the issue for the technicians. I have a toddler, and I don’t even trust driving her to daycare less than 5 minutes away at this point. Not sure how it’ll play out, but save yourself the heartache and wait until they work out the insane amount of bugs.

Broke Down in less than 12 hours

KT, 03/04/2022
Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Both key fobs un-programmed them self from my Jeep leaving me late to work. It had to be towed out of my garage. 7 days later I got it back from the dealer and again, less than 12 hours it was broke again. This time power steering was out. Dealership ended our deal and I gave the car back. I would give 0 stars if I could. Do not buy.

Crap

Semper No, 05/03/2022
Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Water leaking in on both sides from b-pillar area. No water stains or moisture on the headliner, trim panels. Water flooded into the center floor pans on both sides. Dropped at dealership. Told them the process I wanted done. Having a water tech expert diag. Has been there for a month now nothing touched on it. Finally having to show my self they agreed to tear it down and see what is going on. Dealership has not taken the proper steps to mitigate damage. Did not add wrap on the roof or use dessicant to remove all moisture inside. All dealership says is yes we have ran water on it... We know it's leaking. Not sure where. No loaners available. And now they agreed to do my steps by having a tear down complete and water tech expert check. Chrysler corporate offered 5 days of rental to start for reimbursement. Complete crap. Then the dealership wanted me to take it back to the dealership I bought it from 4 hrs away. No one will agree to pay for the tow. Will provide update.

The Lemon of all Lemons

Nick, 08/07/2022
Summit Reserve 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

If you're planning on buying this vehicle stay far far away. For the money you can get a more reliable car. We bought our Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit Reserve off the show room floor with 8 miles on it. We have had nothing but problems and issues since day 1. Should've known not to buy it when they couldn't get the car started due to the battery being dead. They finally get it started, check engine light is on. After driving it a bit, it went off. 1st week of having it our massaging seats didn't work, brought it in they fixed it. Week 2 our Bluetooth, Headunit didn't work, black screens all the time, phones not connecting, etc. Brought it in they said they fixed it and updated it. Worked for a week, same problems ever since (have owned the car about 8 months now) Week 3 our Navigation doesn't work on out dashboard screen anymore, it was "Display currently unavailable" our night vision picks and chooses when it wants to work, our Pedestrian Monitoring picks things up when we are driving when there isn't anything there, not longer works anymore. Week 4 our ambient lighting no longer works, our emergency braking system doesn't work, when trying to brake normally by pushing the pedal the car doesn't want to stop sometimes very dangerous. Week 5 my wife goes to turn on the car, all the warning lights pop up, power steering is no longer functioning, gets it out of park, car won't move, puts it back in park, won't comeback out of park. After I check it, I had to start the car on and off a couple times, checked the automatic start as well, it would start for a little bit and automatically turn off after a couple seconds (had a full tank). I finally got the car to work and drive again after a couple of restarts. Long story short, stay far away from this vehicle. I've owned plenty of cars in my lifetime, this is by far the WORST car I've ever owned. It's unsafe and we have children. We have brought it to the dealership and have had it serviced more times than having a car with 200k miles filled with rust and the muffler falling off of it. This has got to be the worst "NEW" SUV on the market. Working on lemon law at the moment. Once completed, I will never ever ever buy another Jeep EVER Again. I hope this helps any potential buyers. To the current owners who are dealing with the same problems we are, I'm sorry that you have to deal with this as well.

Infotainment continues to fail

DisappointedinJeep, 05/23/2022
Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I am so disappointed with this car. We had a regular Cherokee and LOVED it and were so excited when the L came out now that we have a family. About 6 weeks after we got it, several of the feature lights came on randomly and the parking sensors completely crapped out. The Apple Car Play regularly cuts in and out which is incredibly frustrating. Took it to the dealership, had to talk to three different people before we were finally able to get a loaner. We got it back and 3 weeks later, the same issues plus both key fobs and all of the memory settings failed. This time, we were told that Chrysler was coming out with a software update that “should hopefully fix things in Q3 or Q3.” What the heck? So I’m just supposed to hang out with this lemon of a car for the rest of the year until a software update maybe comes out that MIGHT fix things? Really unacceptable. Going to try and get out of the lease because this completely sucks.

3 out of 5 stars