Used 2010 INFINITI G37 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 INFINITI G37 Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G37 Convertible model:

Great, fun car
By James Dodge

2010 INFINITI G37 Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just a blast to drive. The fun quotient gives you small trunk space and stiff, rattling ride over pot holes and rough roads. Weigh that against absolutely no repair bills other than regular maintenance, and the most comfortable, agile car I've ever owned. The sport seats adjust every way you could think of and you feel like you are wearing a custom made vehicle. Great car!

new used 2010 g37
By new used G37

2010 INFINITI G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

there seems to be a little hesitation bw 2nd & 3 rd or 3rd & 4th gear which leads to a delay when you step on the gas.
The motor in the drivers side ventilated seat has stopped working and the roof leaks. Otherwise the care seems to be mechanically sound after putting on 12,000 mi in 7 months. In addition I wish I could stream android. Although everything appeared perfect when purchased it wasn't. Within year of ownership by me (6 yr. old) paint severely faded front brakes and rotors needed to be changed, vinyl on seat side bolsters cracked in 3 places (I thought they were leather on side). Otherwise runs great.

The nightmare of the stuck top
By Infinity owner

2010 INFINITI G37 Convertible Anniversary Edition 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This car is beautiful, nice ride, handles well, looks good. However, there is a huge problem with the top, it will stick between open and close and refuse to do either. We don't have a local Infinity service in our area, so we took it to the local Nissan, they tried to force it up causing a huge amount of damage. Had to have the vehicle towed over 2 hours away to the nearest Infinity service center by the time it got there they couldn't do anything with it without body work.

Product defect with convertible
By greg161

2010 INFINITI G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Great car, but Infiniti does not stand behind their service.
Not worth buying because of service. I have had Much better service at other manufacturers dealership.

Convertible has a defect. If you inadvertantly leave something in the trunk when trying to open the roof it dents the panels.
A $100 garage door opener reverses itself if it senses something blocking it. You would think a $50,000 car would do the same.
Infiniti says its your fault, so your new car will have two dents in it for using a standard feature of the car. (it my case it was the dealership who did something while servicing the roof top for a squeak.
the rook squeaks. There is a service bulleting for it.

They fix the roof sqeak under warranty. I asked what happens when the lub wears off, they said bring it in again. I asked what happens if I have to bring it in after the warranty expires. They said I would have to pay for it. I need to keep bringing the car in for squeaks as long as I own it?

Put a sensor in the trunk like a simple $100 garage door opener has. Don't tell me I have to service the vehicle for roof sqeaks for the rest of it's life and pay for it. Get some quality control at your dealerships. The service is the worst I have ever experienced. You are better off with a different brand. I have (unfortunately) two inifinities. Because of service I will never buy another one again.

Great car, especially at the price
By priceisright

2010 INFINITI G37 Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

After test driving lots of convertibles (Audi A4, BMW 3-series, etc) I was focused on the BMW 335.
In the end I couldn't get over the quality issues on the 335, and the G37 grew on me especially as I compared apples to apples price.

Have had the car for 8 months now -- lots of fun.
A couple of minor grips (have to pay attention to seat belt to keep from closing door on the buckle, top creaks and groans when shut, music juke box isn't as user friendly as it could be), but overall I'm still in love with the car.
Two kids love it too -- it's a bit tight in the back seat, but they manage.

Advice for buyers -- navigation definitely worth the money, tech package not so much.

Convertible (duh) Music juke box Acceleration Air conditioned seats (they really work well)

Music Juke Box user interface (e.g., easier alpha search) Seat belt shoulder strap retainers (come unbuckled too easily)