Used 2003 INFINITI FX45 Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 INFINITI FX45 Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (133 reviews )

Could never trade it in
By D Zajac

2003 INFINITI FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

It is the Liquid Cooper with brick/black leather, tech package. Regular servicing has been all that has been needed other than a couple manufacturer covered recalls. I went to trade it in a few times and could never bring myself to do it. It is a blast to drive and has been reliable. Have had it since new in 2003.

My 2003 FX45
By Andy German

2003 INFINITI FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

After 210k miles it's time to say goodbye to a truly great vehicle. Lacking today's technology it retains its pure sex appeal and performance as a ground breaker in SUV Crossover design. My black on black beauty will be sorely missed. Not an easy drive out of the box but comfortable willing companion for the last 13 years. Stiff ride and sensitive throttle became a thrill. Always ready to kick ass and take names. I will miss this car.

Still a crowd stealer
By Laser Red

2003 INFINITI FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Bought in 2003 when it first came available. Now 2010 and people still comment and stare and look at my Red. Still a scene stealer 7 years later.

Gas pedal and the feel of the gear shift handle..:)

Very poor visibility all around this vehicle. Thank goodness for the rear camera but that still does not help with side vision when driving down the road. Hugh blind spots and the side mirrors block my views also.

Love This Thing
By loxnessmonster

2003 INFINITI FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car used and it's the best car I ever owned. If you are undecided between the FX35 and the FX45, don't even think about it go with the 45. The performance is amazing. The features it came with are ahead of its production years (keyless ignition, radar cruise control, back up cam, 20 inch Rims). I average about 17.5 mpg city/highway combined. It has become my daily driver. In three months of ownership I have put 9500 miles on it. I have to let it rest and drive my other car. You won't regret it!

Keyless ignition, performance. Great Styling. 20 inch rims. Rear passenger video with headphones. You don't have to slam the hatch. Once it engages the lock switch it closes the rest of the way (doesn't close on its own).

At this point the newer ones addressed these improvements. Passenger seat does not go up or down. Heated seats could produce more heat. More power. Steering wheel shifters.

FX 45 Infiniti wonder-car
By matt

2003 INFINITI FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

We have put 101,000 miles on this car. We have not spent a single penny on repair. Not one. I am blown away. I ran it to Amarillo the other day, 90 MPH most of the way and pulled 19 MPG. This car is fabulous. It looks like a cat on steroids and handles like one, rain, snow or shine. Best car I have ever owned, and I have owned many.

Reliable. Fast. Reliable. Comfortable. Reliable. Pretty. Reliable. Great handling. Did I mention is has been very reliable?

None