Used 2002 Hyundai XG350 Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Hyundai XG350 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XG350 model:

They're easy to find cheap, and there's a reason.
By Greg

2002 Hyundai XG350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car at 180k. Fixed a little bit before I got it registered. Immediately after about 200 miles, water pump goes out. $600 (min) repair. Then I discovered it was leaking power steering fluid, the previous owner neglected to tell me this, though she did leave a bottle of power steering fluid in the back. I ran it dry not knowing it leaked so who knows what will go out and how much it costs next. It runs great the engine is good and quiet. They just cost a LOT to repair.

Bulletproof
By Alex H

2002 Hyundai XG350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm going to save the extra long review about my personal life and say I bought this car in 2009 and the current year is 2017, i've literally never had any issues, i have driven this little car to 23 different states and have taken a 19 hour long trip with only stopping for gas. Loss for words on how dependable this car is.

Lot of Car, lo money - Lo Quality
By bgpenhollo

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used at 40k mi. Engine lunched at 115k. If you buy or own, change the darn timing belt @ 70k. Belt is made of pressed fiber of some sort. The Korean v6, unlike American v6, is an interference engine - meaning if the timing belt goes, the pistons and valve beat the engine to death - unlike a non-interference engine. We run Mobil one synthetic from day one. We have two American cars - both v6 - one at 180k the other at 225k. Never changed the timing belt. Both run. The xg350 had a rattle in the driver side trunk. It cruised smoothly and easy on long trips but about as much fun to drive as an Abrams tank. Do not recommend and will never buy another Hyundai. Your mileage may vary

Heated Leather seats

Make a V6 with a timing chain that lasts and if it breaks, don't let the valves and piston tear the engine to shreds. You get what you pay for.

PLEASE MAKE HYUNDAI YOU'RE NEXT CAR!!!!!
By mark

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned this car for almost two years now and have put 20,000 miles on it and it is ready to turn 200,000 miles and still drives like brand new and is extremely powerful and fast!!

everything except access to the altenator.

better rear view mirror."worn out it moves with the slighest bump"

I love my XG350
By Colleen

2002 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Even though my car is now 7 years old - i still have people asking me about it. Most are surprised it is as old as it as and a Hyundai. I like the classiness of only 1 area on the car that tells what it is .I don't know about fuel economy. I believe if you can't afford fuel you shouldn't be driving the car. Biggest expense has been tires - I'm hard on tires on any car. I have aftermarket wheels and low profile tires - Car looks great. Should be worth more in secondary market but Hyundai still hasn't recovered there & should have . My friends with other imports do/did not have the same reliability, low maintenance costs .I'd buy another .

leather seats that heat up when it is cold or I have a backache Huge trunk and flexible features to lay down the seats , etc

dashboard a little hard to read in bright sunlight