Used 2010 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews

$9,025

Used Veracruz for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Diamond in the Rough!

PML, 02/14/2010
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

What can I say.... test drove, BMW, Benz, Accura, Lexus, Infinity, Ford, GM, Subaru and for the $ no one even comes close! Social mask aside (yeah it's not an over priced vanity product) but this vehicle is a gem! Wonderful fit and finish, exceptional torque to gear ratio and this lady will move when you need her to with her 260 H.P. and 6 speed manumatic tranny. Hyundai (I also own a 2009 Santa Fe AWD Limited)is quickly getting the attention it deserves. Toyota's recent and ongoing quality control issues will further compliment and fuel Hyundai's ability to take on an increased market share. BTW... Best warranty in the business! They truly back what they build! Love the Brand!

Best reliable Car I ever had after 5 years of use.

wizeman10, 12/19/2014
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The car is great in comfort and amenities as of 2010 cars go. I have travelled long distances and the car performed flawlessly in many regards including road noise and acceleration. Gas consumption is normal for a 3.8L engine if you drive responsibly. The only problem is the driving range -around 250 miles. The gas tank can be larger for sure. But reliability is extremely high as is comfort level ans spaciousness.Could it be better? Sure, but compared to my Highlander it beats it hands down in value & comfort. Still as of this review update, I still own the car and it is still a pleasure to drive. The only issue that the design of avoiding sun reflection & dashboard illumination in daytime driving could have been better designed. UPDATE: As of today, December 19th, 2016 this car is still performing flawlessly all the time on good roads & bad. In good weather and bad. I had to replace the Brake lights myself. All other lights work from the day I bought the car. Many a time I had to travel long distances at night. No problems! I use Mobil One Synthetic. Astonishingly I am seeing that model car & year more & more on the roads. I asked one owner as we parked at Costco together, he is delighted as myself. Would buy this car again if they bring it back. I have now replaced the belt, coolant, brakes and tires and the Battery. This car moves, plenty of power couple with comfort. Truly amazing.. Update Dec 19, 2017 This car is still amazing. Rides in more comfort than many newer cars. Only problem is the combination turn/lights lever combo. The switch for lights is affected by the turn motion. However, if set to auto-light, no problems at all. Very happy with this car overall performance. I refuse to sell it. Very stable on the road, and is extremely comfortable on long trips like driving almost 600 miles in one trip. Love it..

Not worth the Five stars I gave it in 2010

anniebanana2, 02/14/2012
GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Just read my 1st review of this car which was written shortly after my purchase. NOW: I will never buy a Hyundai again. So many problems and the "warranty" is a crock. The dashboard squeaks (nails on chalkboard squeak) during operation, took it to the local dealer 5 times to fix with no luck. I took it to a dealer 30 minutes away, and though they have reduced the sound, it still occurs when the fan is running cool air. The cruise control resume button only works intermittently. The techs asked me if I pushed the button properly. Seriously?? The dome light panel failed and was replaced. There is now a popping occurring in the front right tire. They say it all checks out fine. Surprise!

Nice car but lots of problems

Chris in Jersey, 09/27/2010
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle based on its features per dollar and it does excel in this area. It is quiet, comfortable, has a nice interior and is roomy. It could be a little more sporty and the stereo sounds like the 8 track from my '77 Caprice Estate Wagon but other than that we are happy with the performance. The problems are with the reliability. Had to replace the stereo(dealer did not return cd's), a taillight, license plate light, brakes, "ESC off" control light is on constantly, resume bottom on cruise control does not work, key fob stopped working and the transmission stopped and stranded my family on the highway. This would make me think twice before purchasing a Hyundai again.

Great Value, Design and Build Quality

OCCruz, 09/09/2009
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at them all and you won't find another SUV in this class that gives you a better value. Reminds me of a slightly bigger Lexus RX350 for about $8K less.

I love this CUV

ab1608, 02/15/2010
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We're glad we bought this CUV after lot of shopping and very much happy & satisfied with Hyundai's luxury car- Veracruz.I think Hyundai should market/advertise more about this vehicle so people will know how good this is and what a best value for the money! We like the luxury look & feel of the vehicle with lot less money.

Great Leap of Faith so far

Optimistic, 04/21/2010
GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

So far I absolutely love my Veracruz!I took a leap of faith on this purchase. I was always biased against Hyundai until they came with the Genesis sedan. My last 3 vehicles have been Merc. M Class, VW Passat, and Infiniti G35. I was tired of premium fuel, quirky problems, and high repair costs. I knew I wanted crossover with power, bang for buck, and reliability. Co-worker of mine has a Veracruz and once I saw the interior I went to test drive vs. Pilot, Highlander LTD, and Traverse. Once i test drove i loved it above all. The ride is smooth as silk, the interior is class leading for the price, it is very, very quiet, and i like it much better than my previous vehicles in regard to comfort.

The Best Yet

Tony near Tampa, 08/11/2010
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've been fortunate in my driving life to have owned more than a dozen cars, including Lexus, Toyotas, Porsche, Corvette, Mercedes, Chevys, and Fords too. This Hyundai Veracruz is equal or better than ANY of them. Fit and finish, overall performance, comfort, amenities, all are superb. I shopped Highlander, Venza, CX-9, Traverse (GMC and Buick also), and others. None matched for performance, options, and the big one, price. You can't beat this car for the money. Maybe not even close. Options like power lift gate, keyless entry/start, sunroof and rack, automatic A/C everywhere, dynamite sound, power trim and tilt, seat memory, Michelins, five spoke wheels, etc, make this a real winner.

Winner!

Beat out all others, 07/15/2010
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Vera Cruz after driving several other vehicles. I was stuck on getting a Toyota 4-Runner or Highlander Limited. I did not think to try a Hyundai because I never owned one before but I decided I would be cheating myself if I did not at least look. I am glad I did, I would have cheated myself big time if I bought the Toyota! The Vera Cruz wins! The number of options you get for the $$$ is awesome, also the performance and comfort. It even has a cooling center console! It is worth the look people. It will be the last SUV you test drive so save your time and forget the pretentious SUV status symbols. You get the best warranty, options, performance, and save THOUSANDS!

Good Value. Needs some tweaks.

sagarian9, 01/04/2010
GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Good build quality. Not bad looking. Nice interior space. Great third row seat - adult size. Fuel economy OK - just as advertised. Seats are a little too firm. Blue digital display not easy to view. Smooth ride. Shifts too early in first, so no acceleration off the mark without flooring it. Tailgate release on key fob almost useless.

Love this car

Tbs0711, 01/25/2018
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle. I wish the 2018 had some of the same nice upgrades that my 2010 has. It's crazy my 2010, is nicer on the inside then the 2018.

Toyota Highlander Convert

Southern AZ, 10/24/2009
GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Only had it for one week & less than 500 miles, but enjoy the quiet ride and luxury touches. Plenty of room, power is decent, mileage is better than posted on sticker, very comfortable. Had some rear end noise...fixed that with a $5 can of undercoat. Paint, interior 7 exterior joints are good...seems to be built well. Never thought that I would buy a Hyundai after owning 3 Highlanders, pleasantly surprised!

Excellent Vehicle

George H. Budnik, 01/03/2010
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Best vehicle we have ever owned. Performance is great, styling is fabulous,features are exceptional. WE know the reliability will be excellent as we have owned Hyundais in the past as our family has also.

Our 2010 Veracruz Experience

DRAR, 03/16/2010
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Only had it a week or so but we absolutely love it! The acceleration is brisk when it needs to be, the tranny shifts so smooth you barely notice it. The gas mileage is not the greatest BUT we knew that going in. This enabled us to downsize from a minivan but keep the ability to haul all three teenagers if needed. I had never even looked at a Hyundai before but we are ecstatic that we included them in our list of prospects. My wife drove one, read some reviews, and we used magazine reviews to help with it all. We could not be happier.

Our First Hyundai

Dubis, 04/01/2010
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned the Veracruz for about 1 month. However, in that month we have traveled to many a soccer tournament. The ride, interior space, comfort and amenities in our Limited are a pleasant experience. The value for money in this vehicle is EXCELLENT. We drove 5 of the competitors and also own a Highlander Limited. This vehicle is every bit as well appointed and quality manufactured as our Toyota but with a better warranty. The mpg is slightly better than advertised. 24-25 on the highway, 18-19 in town.

wonderful!

Paula, 04/07/2010
GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Great purchase. I was looking for a safe, AWD, family, luxury-like SUV and I found that and more with this vehicle!

Move over volvo and lexus

dave mona, 07/19/2010
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I got rid of my xc90 volvo. expensive junk. The Lexus for the money is just ok. I am very happy with my limited Hyundai, it's fantastic.

VeraCruz

Cheryl, 08/04/2010
GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Very uncomfortable passenger and back seat. You can feel every bump and pothole magnified. Fuel economy is not what advertised.

Finally, my dream car!

anniebanana, 10/11/2010
GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've been waiting 46 years for this car! I love everything about it! (ok, except maybe the fuel economy). It has a sophisticated look to it, and the interior is both comfortable and functional. The engine is super quiet as well. And finally the warranty can't be beat. I would have loved to take a step up to the limited for some of the extra features but just couldn't swing it. Even my 20 year old daughter and her friend are in love with it, which is really saying something considering their age group. Can't wait for a road trip.

Love it!

Lori Myers, 10/13/2010
GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Veracruz because we wanted the 7 passenger seating but desperately wanted to get rid of the minivan. This has given us the best of both worlds. Most of the time we use it as a 5 passenger vehicle with the back seats folded down, but it is so nice to be able to load up the car with kids when we need too. The ride is very smooth and quiet. The car handles well. It is an extremely comfortable ride for 5, not as much so for 7 because of the legroom - but in my book that is to be expected. I highly recommend this vehicle and am so glad that we bought it.

Why I won't buy a Hyundai again

Alan, 11/02/2016
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

11/5/17: I sold the car last month. Replacement vehicle will be a Honda CRV. 5/3/17: Since my review I posted concerning an oil leak recall I have had the following issues with the vehicle which now has 68,000 miles. Discussed two additional oil leaks on two different occasion and late last month the engine seized up and the dealer found metal shavings in the oil pan. Had to replace the entire engine. So the net is 3 oil leaks and an engine replacement all by 68,000 miles. The cost to repair all of this is over $10,000. Since the I bought my Veracruz as a 2 year old vehicle with 20000 miles on it. I got a good price from a dealer. While I haven't needed to have the car into the shop very often (currently 66,000 miles) there are things about the vehicle that will keep me from buying another Hyundai. I have found you get what you pay for. First, the car was modeled after a Lexus RX, meaning Hyundai used the RX and the standard for the product. A couple of years into ownership I received a recall from Hyundai that there was an oil leak on my car and that it had to be repaired. Vehicles today are largely designed to go 100,000 miles or more without any major issues, but having an oil leak on a car at less than 50,000 miles is unheard of; it just doesn't happen any more. A few thousand miles later, after it had be repaired by the dealer, it was determined it was still leaking oil The dealership replace the defective gasket with the same gasket system, which proceeded to leak. Hyundai has not redesigned the defective part. Duh! The new gasket seems to have fixed the problem. Fingers crossed. Also the driver seat is wearing very fast (poor material quality). There is a clanking noise when I put the car in reverse (transmission problems??). Who knows. I'm going to go back to my Japanese imports. While they are not perfect, I haven't experiences problems like this in 25 years of ownership of Toyotas and Hondas.

Hyundai - Please Bring Veracruz Model Back

RAS, 07/03/2018
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Great vehicle, would have bought another if the had not been discontinued/ replaced by Santa Fe 7 passenger

Hyundai - Please Bring Veracruz Model Back

RAS, 07/03/2018

Great Mid-Size SUV

M. Brown, 12/03/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Handles well, in town driving is 17-19 MPG, highway 22. MPG could be better, but I am an aggressive driver. Lots of cargo room with third row seats folded down. Third row seating is not comfortable for adults, but my tweens have no problem. This vehicle has a lot to offer as standard equipment, whereas, other more costly vehicles, you'll have to pay for extras.

Love this car

Wally, 01/12/2020
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my new Veracruz in November 2010. Since then I have driven this car all over. I have had minor things go wrong like a tail light go out. I have also had the problem with the oil leak killing the alternator, the dealership fixed it. I now have 199,000 miles on it and it is still going strong. I thought about selling it but it runs and looks so good I can't. I have been a Hyundai fan since my first Hyundai. In 1988 I bought an Excel four door hatchback and put over 100,000 miles on it. Since that car I have always owned a Hyundai. I worked my up from the Excel to the Elantra, Sonata, Azera, Santa Fe, Veracruz, and also bought an Accent for my son. I may have been lucky with my Hyundai's because I have always had good luck with them. I take very good care of my cars/trucks. Thank you Hyundai.

51050