Used 2010 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews

$9,025

Used Veracruz for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Diamond in the Rough!

PML, 02/14/2010
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

What can I say.... test drove, BMW, Benz, Accura, Lexus, Infinity, Ford, GM, Subaru and for the $ no one even comes close! Social mask aside (yeah it's not an over priced vanity product) but this vehicle is a gem! Wonderful fit and finish, exceptional torque to gear ratio and this lady will move when you need her to with her 260 H.P. and 6 speed manumatic tranny. Hyundai (I also own a 2009 Santa Fe AWD Limited)is quickly getting the attention it deserves. Toyota's recent and ongoing quality control issues will further compliment and fuel Hyundai's ability to take on an increased market share. BTW... Best warranty in the business! They truly back what they build! Love the Brand!

Best reliable Car I ever had after 5 years of use.

wizeman10, 12/19/2014
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The car is great in comfort and amenities as of 2010 cars go. I have travelled long distances and the car performed flawlessly in many regards including road noise and acceleration. Gas consumption is normal for a 3.8L engine if you drive responsibly. The only problem is the driving range -around 250 miles. The gas tank can be larger for sure. But reliability is extremely high as is comfort level ans spaciousness.Could it be better? Sure, but compared to my Highlander it beats it hands down in value & comfort. Still as of this review update, I still own the car and it is still a pleasure to drive. The only issue that the design of avoiding sun reflection & dashboard illumination in daytime driving could have been better designed. UPDATE: As of today, December 19th, 2016 this car is still performing flawlessly all the time on good roads & bad. In good weather and bad. I had to replace the Brake lights myself. All other lights work from the day I bought the car. Many a time I had to travel long distances at night. No problems! I use Mobil One Synthetic. Astonishingly I am seeing that model car & year more & more on the roads. I asked one owner as we parked at Costco together, he is delighted as myself. Would buy this car again if they bring it back. I have now replaced the belt, coolant, brakes and tires and the Battery. This car moves, plenty of power couple with comfort. Truly amazing.. Update Dec 19, 2017 This car is still amazing. Rides in more comfort than many newer cars. Only problem is the combination turn/lights lever combo. The switch for lights is affected by the turn motion. However, if set to auto-light, no problems at all. Very happy with this car overall performance. I refuse to sell it. Very stable on the road, and is extremely comfortable on long trips like driving almost 600 miles in one trip. Love it..

Not worth the Five stars I gave it in 2010

anniebanana2, 02/14/2012
GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Just read my 1st review of this car which was written shortly after my purchase. NOW: I will never buy a Hyundai again. So many problems and the "warranty" is a crock. The dashboard squeaks (nails on chalkboard squeak) during operation, took it to the local dealer 5 times to fix with no luck. I took it to a dealer 30 minutes away, and though they have reduced the sound, it still occurs when the fan is running cool air. The cruise control resume button only works intermittently. The techs asked me if I pushed the button properly. Seriously?? The dome light panel failed and was replaced. There is now a popping occurring in the front right tire. They say it all checks out fine. Surprise!

Nice car but lots of problems

Chris in Jersey, 09/27/2010
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle based on its features per dollar and it does excel in this area. It is quiet, comfortable, has a nice interior and is roomy. It could be a little more sporty and the stereo sounds like the 8 track from my '77 Caprice Estate Wagon but other than that we are happy with the performance. The problems are with the reliability. Had to replace the stereo(dealer did not return cd's), a taillight, license plate light, brakes, "ESC off" control light is on constantly, resume bottom on cruise control does not work, key fob stopped working and the transmission stopped and stranded my family on the highway. This would make me think twice before purchasing a Hyundai again.

Great Value, Design and Build Quality

OCCruz, 09/09/2009
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at them all and you won't find another SUV in this class that gives you a better value. Reminds me of a slightly bigger Lexus RX350 for about $8K less.

I love this CUV

ab1608, 02/15/2010
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We're glad we bought this CUV after lot of shopping and very much happy & satisfied with Hyundai's luxury car- Veracruz.I think Hyundai should market/advertise more about this vehicle so people will know how good this is and what a best value for the money! We like the luxury look & feel of the vehicle with lot less money.

Great Leap of Faith so far

Optimistic, 04/21/2010
GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

So far I absolutely love my Veracruz!I took a leap of faith on this purchase. I was always biased against Hyundai until they came with the Genesis sedan. My last 3 vehicles have been Merc. M Class, VW Passat, and Infiniti G35. I was tired of premium fuel, quirky problems, and high repair costs. I knew I wanted crossover with power, bang for buck, and reliability. Co-worker of mine has a Veracruz and once I saw the interior I went to test drive vs. Pilot, Highlander LTD, and Traverse. Once i test drove i loved it above all. The ride is smooth as silk, the interior is class leading for the price, it is very, very quiet, and i like it much better than my previous vehicles in regard to comfort.

The Best Yet

Tony near Tampa, 08/11/2010
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've been fortunate in my driving life to have owned more than a dozen cars, including Lexus, Toyotas, Porsche, Corvette, Mercedes, Chevys, and Fords too. This Hyundai Veracruz is equal or better than ANY of them. Fit and finish, overall performance, comfort, amenities, all are superb. I shopped Highlander, Venza, CX-9, Traverse (GMC and Buick also), and others. None matched for performance, options, and the big one, price. You can't beat this car for the money. Maybe not even close. Options like power lift gate, keyless entry/start, sunroof and rack, automatic A/C everywhere, dynamite sound, power trim and tilt, seat memory, Michelins, five spoke wheels, etc, make this a real winner.

Winner!

Beat out all others, 07/15/2010
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Vera Cruz after driving several other vehicles. I was stuck on getting a Toyota 4-Runner or Highlander Limited. I did not think to try a Hyundai because I never owned one before but I decided I would be cheating myself if I did not at least look. I am glad I did, I would have cheated myself big time if I bought the Toyota! The Vera Cruz wins! The number of options you get for the $$$ is awesome, also the performance and comfort. It even has a cooling center console! It is worth the look people. It will be the last SUV you test drive so save your time and forget the pretentious SUV status symbols. You get the best warranty, options, performance, and save THOUSANDS!

Good Value. Needs some tweaks.

sagarian9, 01/04/2010
GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Good build quality. Not bad looking. Nice interior space. Great third row seat - adult size. Fuel economy OK - just as advertised. Seats are a little too firm. Blue digital display not easy to view. Smooth ride. Shifts too early in first, so no acceleration off the mark without flooring it. Tailgate release on key fob almost useless.

51050