Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used CR-V for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great SUV for a single man

calicorkication, 12/15/2015
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car has been great for my needs. Mainly, I use it for car camping. I removed the back seat and use the extra room for moving furniture and large items. When I bought the car, it had a tow hitch already installed. I have used it to pull several U-haul trailers and a flatbed trailer borrowed from a friend to move sofas, love seats, etc and it has worked great for all purposes. Also, I added a roof rack and a cargo box that has worked great for my needs. The original tires that were on it when I bought it used lasted for 85,000 miles. I tend to get 24 mpg with a mix of city and highway use. If I travel at 70 mph on the interstates and/or take back road highways at 55 mph, I tend to get the 27 mpg that Honda states the car can get. Otherwise, if I drive 75 mph I tend to get 24-25 mpg. My main complaints are the drivers side power window is not always reliable but the others work fine up to this point. Also, the moon roof has not opened in nearly 3 years. I have tried to reset it following online instructions and I can hear a sound like a motor trying to move it but it goes nowhere so I stop to avoid breaking it further.

Reliable, comfortable - might buy another one

M Hurst, 03/01/2016
LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned many Hondas, this is my first CR-V. It had been a leased vehicle, so when I purchased it, in 2011, it had 16,000 miles on it. As of today (3/11/17) it has 106,000 miles on the odometer and it runs as smoothly. I've had it serviced regularly at a Honda dealer, so any parts which have been replaced (very few) are Honda parts. I've recently been looking new SUVs in the same size, and I've discovered the CR-V still has the largest cargo area (taller than most). - Honda finally listened and with the 2017 model, they improved the backseat/cargo area by allowing the backseats to fold completely flat. They have also put some vents in the rear of console which should deliver enough air to keep back seat passengers comfortable. It is also loaded with many of the safety features you'll find in other new vehicles. I love my fully adjustable driver's seat, but I think it is only available on the EX-L version. CONS These include: some road noise, back seats which don't fold completely flat, and it should get better gas mileage for a 4-cylinder engine. They are claiming the new 2017 model has a 1.5 liter engine which s turbo charged and it gets better mileage. Both of my airbags were replaced due to the recall. I'll be looking at another brand of SUV when I replace mine, but with a price tag of around $30k for a new 2017, I'll probably purchase something else.

Honda continues to make great vehicles

M. Hurst, 12/13/2015
EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my '09 CRV in January 2011. It had been a leased car and only had 16,000 miles on it. The other vehicles I was considering at that time were a 2011 Hyunda Tucson, a 2011 Toyota RAV4, a Toyota Venza, and a Chevy Traverse. I've enjoyed driving this car. It's very comfortable on long trips (it's been cross-country 4X), has enough power for me, and the cargo area is much larger in cubic feet than most other small SUVs. I have dogs, which I take to weekend events, and the rear easily holds 2 crates, although I am concerned if I were rear-ended whether they would be safe. I have had it routinely serviced at a Honda dealer, replace the battery once, and new tires every 25-30'000 miles. A few months ago the TPMS light went on, and sure enough I had a damaged tire which had to be replaced. The downside...it kept coming on at least once a week, which would cause me to panic and immediately look for a service center. After a few weeks of this, I took it to my Honda dealer. They told me all 4 tire sensors were shot and needed to be replaced. Total parts & labor: $500 Only complaints (which Honda has not improved/changed) are: road noise, it should get better mileage for a small 4 cylinder engine, no vents to deliver air to back seat or rear compartment, and the backseat does not fold completely flat. I had planned on trading it in on a new SUV last year, only to be told by several dealers that they would only give me wholesale price for it. The reason? It is one of the millions of vehicles which has a defective airbags. Honda sent me the recall notice several months ago, and I immediately called to be put on the list. After several months, I finally called my Honda dealer and made such a fuss about the airbag replacement, they miraculously found some, gave me a loner, and had the job done in a matter of days. Would I purchase another Honda CRV - maybe.

Nice Small Honda CR-V EX-L AWD (love it so far)

Ray, 02/05/2016
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Recently picked up an 09 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD with 88,800 miles on it (This is my first Honda). Go to say, overall I am fairly impressed by it. I did a thorough overall inspection in, out, around, under, etc... and that was before I got in it to test how it drives, shifts, sounds, etc...) For having that many miles on it I have to say it looks and drives like an auto that would have half the miles on it. I can't comment on reliability and costs yet as I just picked it up a week ago. So far though, it runs, drives and looks great. I got an excellent deal at $11K purchase price. Everything in and out functions as it should and I received it with new brakes all around and new tires. I have owned a few Chevy SUV's in the past and seriously those were ready for the junk yard by the time they hit 100k miles, not to mention that they were both money pits (I do maintain my autos faithfully and do most of the maintenance work myself so I know the job is getting done correctly). I do not beat on my autos, it can be hard to determine how a machine will hold up as everyone drives and maintains there autos differently. I will try and do my best to update my review as time goes by (this one will be tested in the New England environment). We like my Honda CR-V so much that we are in the process of trading in my wife's Kia Soul (purchased new, now has 78,000 miles on it) for another Honda CRV

Had first oil change, still happy

JustChuck, 07/31/2010

I had my first oil change about a month ago at 6500 miles. There was still 20% oil life left, according to the indicator. Also had the tires rotated at the same time. No issues at all with the car. The build quality is excellent. Gas mileage in crowded suburbs/stop and go driving is disappointing at 14-15 MPG, but highway mileage is consistently 26- 28 MPG. Have taken day long trips with three people and everyone comments how roomy and comfortable the back seat is. Have also taken a 2400 mile round trip NY-FL with my son who is 6'4". No issues with his height. Good luggage capacity, accommodated three people for a two day trip with room to spare, and two people for a week long trip.

At 15,000+ miles

chuckfromli, 09/03/2011

Just had it in to Honda for a recall regarding a transmission upgrade. Also had my third oil change and tire rotation at this time. No problems with the vehicle at all. Gas mileage varies a lot though. It can get 26-27 MPG on highway if the road is level. That will drop to 22-24 if there are hills. Around the crowded suburbs I average about 21 MPG. The leather seats are cheap, no doubt. It seems only the drivers seat is actually leather. And there is a lot of wind noise if you open just one of the front windows on the highway. You need to crack open one of the rear windows too. But this is true in many cars and vans these days it seems.

Best all-around used Vehicle

Sam S, 03/09/2018
EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This review will be aimed for those looking at this car as a used option. Owned this car since new, I can speak from experience what you should know about this car. Owned this Honda CRV since July of 2009. Has been the best all around car and value for the money. Averaging about 26 mpg of mixed highway and city driving. Anyone can drive this car, getting in and out and finding a comfortable seating position is a breeze. Easy to drive, large windows. The controls are easy to reach and where you expect them to be. Many places to store phone, items, etc. I have the optional sunroof which is a nice option. AWD is also nice, been driven through snowstorms and will get you where you need to go. Just hit 150,000 miles and runs smooth as the day I bought it. The only problem I had was the AC Compressor go out but was covered by the warranty. As well as my specific model being affected by the airbag recall. FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY. ANY HONDA DEALER WILL REPLACE FOR FREE. Regardless I’ve kept up with the proper maintenance from Honda and have always had my vehicle serviced at the dealership. This car is just as solidly built, efficient, and reliable as any civic or accord, but I think it’s better overall because of the extra space for passengers or storage and all wheel drive feature. Overall, no surprise it remains a popular option in the used car market and would highly recommend this car to anyone. Yeah

Tires and oil use

david1237, 11/15/2011

I have 54,000 mi on a 2009 CRV we bought new. I am happy overall with the vehicle. Get 24 mph running around and have gotten as high as 30-31 mph long trip; babying it! I seem to use a quart of oil Mobil synthetic every 2000 mi or so! The dealer says anything over a quart every 1000 mi is within normal limits. The Tires that came on the vehicle are "crap". I changed them at 28,000 mi and they were nearly bald. Could have been changed several thousand miles earlier. I generally keep the vehicles for 200,000 miles. I change the oil at 15% averaging every 10,000 miles or so! A little scary, but this is OK with the dealer. I do feel better using synthetic and have used since the first oil change

Checking in at 20K

chuckfromli, 04/02/2012

Just passed 20K recently. Went on KBB a few minutes ago to see what the car is worth. Private party value for very good condition is 21K. That means I only lost about $5500 in almost three years and 20,000 miles, and I didn't even enter my mileage. Their default was like 40K miles! Car is overall very, very good. Love the heated seats and the sound system. I have not had any problems at all. Washed it by hand today and I was surprised to see the tires getting close to wear bars. I would guess there's another 7 or 8K left on them. In fact, I like it so much we may buy a 2012 for my wife.

Great in snow (and all year round)

darwinzfolly, 12/31/2010

Tested the CRV's mettle in a recent MN snowstorm (where we got 20 inches of snow). On the way home from work, the car plowed through the snow as if it wasn't there. I was impressed & felt very safe. It's great for shopping,hauling people and pets, and gets decent mileage.

An exceptional vehicle for outstanding value

So Cal Driver, 06/22/2020
EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the car for you if you want a highly functional and reliable car for a fantastic price. I bought this car in 2012 with 19,000 miles and as of today am approaching 100k miles. Issues with the car? Ah, let me think....right - none, zero, nada, zilch. Simply put, the CR-V has exceeded my expectations in every possible way. It still looks good in terms of styling and aside from standard oil changes and maintenance has been a remarkably reliable vehicle. I’ve owned a lot of models over the years (BMW, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru) and with the exception of my 4-Runner, no other manufacturer could put a candle to Honda in terms of user-friendliness. I thought about trading it in for a newer model over the years and then asked myself why? If you’re in the market for a used vehicle, are on a budget and want a no-hassle option that won’t break the bank, do yourself a favor and give this car serious consideration.

At 9000 miles

ChuckfromLI, 11/13/2010

Gas mileage has improved tremendously since the engine is broken in. Currently getting over 22 MPG in crowded suburban driving, up from 18 or so. Still very, very happy with the car. No problems, comfortable in the front and rear.

Hard Ride

ken117, 02/22/2011

Had a 2009 CRV EX-L 4WD. Overall it was a nice vehicle. However, there are a few things which make the vehicle difficult for longer trips. First is the road noise. By far the worst I have ever had in a vehicle. Second is the lack of power. The engine is just too timid to function will at highway speeds. Third is the excessive hard interior plastics. I also felt the leather was too much like vinyl. I found the vehicle wonderful for use around town but for any long trips the ride was far too uncomfortable.

Nice little Honda

Honda owner, 09/30/2010

Traded in 07 RAV-4 base model, wife has 07 CRV-EX; I think RAV had more passenger cabin space. MPG is good- we use BP 5% cash back card, I get 27-29 in summer, 24-26 in winter at 25-35 mph back roads/city and 55-65 mph divided highway to/from/for work. Concur re other interior comments- stains easily. Good in snow, easy to park, hauls stuff for picnics/parks, but a little crowded. With 2 car seats in back there's not enough room for adult in middle for comfort. Mine was made in USA, hers in Japan- mine showed rust on rear wheel hub(?) and hatch lift rods from purchase, not hers. Mine has squeak in steering/front shock. Continental 4x4 OEM tires bad-37K; new Cooper CS4's on hers ok at 12k.

Buzzing when car starts

larry, 11/11/2010

Bought my cr-v new in 08 problem free till about a week ago, when starting , the relay switch buzzes.. Honda says its a "quirk", which to me says "problem" called the main office in CA was told to take it the dealership were my car can be checked out, but dought anything will be done about the buzzing.

Dependable

Saba Khalid, 09/23/2016
EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought it certified pre owned and have been enjoying the ride. Keep up with routine care and it will go much longer.The sun visors are a bit small when sun is low,should have an extender, esp for shorter drivers.

Loss of features over 2000 honda

ms. mimi, 07/22/2010

How I miss my Honda 2000!! The interior of my 2009 is crap. Stains on the upholstery, mostly from water and it looks worse than my trade in which was ten years old. Also, they took away the seat pockets on back seats, made the under passenger seat drawer so small it can't be used and took away two of the cup holders. I have to use one cup holder for storage of personal items. I also do not like the outside design. Loved my other one with the wheel on back. I needed a new car and went with Honda but do not like this car because of interior features mostly and outside design.

CRV

Liss, 02/23/2016
LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Good reliable car never a problem, will get a same new this year

Awesome

Renee, 10/27/2008

First time I drove it I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't have good preconceived notions regarding this SUV. However, the CR-V is zippy, comfortable and has punch when you need it most. My family loves the reclining rear seats. I am extremely pleased with the easy to use controls, the many cup holders and sound system. Visibility is great Sitting in the drivers seat

Typical Honda - top quality automobile

scottg, 02/25/2009

I've been a long time Honda owner (since 86) and the 09 CR-V EX-L with nav has met my expectations for what to expect from Honda - top quality automobiles. Had the CR-V for 2 months now, put 2000 miles on it. It's a solid car with an excellent fit and finish. The engine has plenty of power and the transmission shifts very smoothly. The controls and display are well laid out and nicely colored. The nav system is fast and the display is bright. The sound system is outstanding, plenty of watts for the size of the car. Driver's seat is very comfortable. The leather seat is more comfortable than cloth. Gas mileage so far hasn't been great, 18/24 but maybe will improve in warmer weather.

So far so good

Jackie, 03/15/2010

I traded in my 07 mustang gt for a 09 cr-v. So this review is from one end of the spectrum to the other. Totally not what i was looking for but after a problem ridden mustang i was looking for reliability and affordability at the pump. I don't get as much mpg as what i would have hoped, about 18.5 but I've been trying to watch my lead food. Total cost of ownership has been great. I had read road noise was a problem for some people, but the dronr i had with the stang must have made my ears numb to it cause it doesn't bother me at all. Performance is a bummer but again, going from 300 hp to160ish would be. But Overall i am not at all disappointed in making the switch!

2009 CR-V EX-L w/nav

mwg, 05/14/2010

This is not the first CR-V that I have owned. I find it very comfortable to drive. Handles well and has more than enough power. I like the interior styling but find that it is somewhat cheaply made and marks up fairly easily. Gas mileage is fairly consistent around 20-22 mpg city and 23-25 highway. Nice fun to drive vehicle. I would not recommend the navigation system. Routing is not very good and updates are very expensive (get a Garmin or Magellan instead).

Runs Great - Poor Interior Design

Fitzee, 11/01/2016
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I get that this car was designed before social media. While I love the car itself (holds its value, runs great, good in the snow) the interior design SUCKS. There is NO place to put your phone. Unless you want it in the giant covered pocket in the console where, because it has no "not an ashtray" (like my Pilot did), I have to keep my spare change. The USB port is buried way down the bottom of the dashboard, not easy to get it & you need a long cord running to your phone to keep it charged. The AUX port is buried in the "box" between the seats. Since I play my ipod alot (& this car has no built in Bluetooth) I have a cord coming out of there for my music as well. People always ask me how I like my car. I always say "nice car, sucky interior design". I'm now looking at a newer CRV, the design inside seems better. Course in my opinion, it couldn't be much worse than this one.

Wanted an appliance kinda car and got just that!

EJG, 12/14/2017
LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First of all, I have owned 30+ various vehicles and have been in the auto repair biz for 20+ years, so I feel that I am somewhat unbiased. My wife was driving a Lexus sedan and we really needed a more versatile vehicle with 2 small children, and needed to find something more financially economical than a luxury sedan with higher miles. I wanted a washing machine kind of vehicle, something that just works, has no quirks and has just needs gas, tires, brakes and fluids for 200,000 miles. This CR-V definitely delivers. The Good: Small and nimble, lots of cargo room, pretty good on fuel, and virtually no maintenance besides the basics. Also good visibility and easy to drive. The not so good: Very noticeable road noise, buzzy engine, weird leather seat material that feels like rubber, and short wheelbase means a rougher ride than expected. I had to add a back up camera and a remote start, I wish they would have came standard as they are pretty useful when parking in the city and driving in the winter. In a nutshell, if you are hoping for a something comfortable and luxurious, this will probably not meet your demands, but if you want something economical and versatile a CR-V is just the ticket.

reliable and fun to drive

Laura V-D., 06/01/2018
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

No problems in 7 yrs. of ownership. Great car in all kinds of weather! Very reliable and lots of room in cargo to haul stuff or dogs.

Honda CRV Ex L Review

Greg, 04/24/2019
EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda CRV has been very reliable car, starts always and engine is still running strong. No major problems ever with the drivetrain. Only significant complaint is that it the ride is bumpy, sometimes bordering on uncomfortable, especially off interstate driving. Tires also wear quickly, even though it has been aligned and steering checked, and shocks replaced once - no difference. Car has not be driven hard. Despite the above, it has been a good car to own and would seriously consider replacing with another CRV or other Honda

Love my crv

Ronda loves crv, 02/21/2020
EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great size for a couple with occasional riders, kids, carseats. Decent fuel economy. Easy in and out for seniors or those with back issues. Very dependable.

HONDA FAIL

fathom73, 05/15/2013

2009 CRV EX. Out of warranty with less than 100K miles. Front bumper paint on the plastic parts has been peeling the last two years. HONDA FAIL. AC System Stopped working. $1500 fix... oh wait, it was recalled so the paid it, but still, Honda FAil! Rear Door Actuator for power locks went bad. $250. Honda Fail. Steering System (rack and Pinion) needs to be replaced. Over $1100 for just the parts. Labor is another bundle of $. Honda FAIL! Now my service writer told me these are COMMON!! So Common Honda actually went through with a Recall on the AC.. lucky me. NOT THE BRAND THEY ONCE WERE. HONDA FAIL. It seems like Honda is the old Hyundai and Visa Versa... Ugh

Fuel pump fails @60K

rss9, 03/17/2014

I am the first owner of this car. The tires were replaced in 18K. The fuel pump fails at 62K. I am not sure HONDA is maintaining quality. Dealer is trying to sell extended warranty informing me lot things can go wrong.

The Good Ratings Are Deceiving

hope043, 07/30/2011

I don't understand how the star rating is so high for reviews that are quite negative. READ THE REVIEWS. We've had this vehicle almost a year and regret it. Believe what the others have said about the drivers seat and headrest being uncomfortable! You don't really notice it from just taking it out for a test drive. Poor inside storage design - the double glove box and under seat storage is nice, but the other cubby holes are practically useless. And it's crazy to put cup holders in the door - your drink spills when shutting the door. The gas mileage is also quite disappointing. Wish we never traded in our 2005 Toyota Matrix.

Fun to Drive

Danielle Govert, 03/29/2009

We were looking for a car similar to our Mazda Tribute. We had it narrowed down to the Hyundai Sante Fe, Mercury Mariner, and the Honda CRV. We compared the 4 cylinder Mariner to the CRV and there was no comparison. The CRV has quite the pick up for a 4 cylinder and the Mariner was very jerky when accelerating. The CRV also rides closer to the ground which allows you to take corners tighter and not feel like you might tip over. So far we are very happy with our decision.

Worth Every Penny

Lisa, 04/06/2009

I am not an impulsive buyer, however once I compared the Honda to it's competitors, there was no comparison. It is compact, yet very roomy. My husband is 6'7, 280 lbs., and is comfortable as driver and passenger. I live in the burbs and when driving the back roads it handles like a dream. It is smooth and sporty. Sound system is great, and the car, holistically, has been well thought out. I don't feel there is excess noise, however slightly bumpy over potholes, but this is an SUV. The backseat is roomy and reclining seats are a nice touch. Love it!

Water Leaks in CRV interior (no moonroof)

williamj62, 01/13/2013

Noticed longterm musty smell in our one owner , one driver 2009 CRV. Found significant amount of water in spare tire compartment and front passenger floor board. Car in excellent shape w/22k miles, no moonroof, no accidents with dealer installed roof rails. Saw several similar complaints on internet. Took to dealer, cost $600 to "seal under rear bumper" and under windshiel lower cowl area. Hopefully the problem was addressed. Was told seams were not sealed by factory. Dealer had seen this problem before and was very through looking for the problem-not a dealer issue. Honda, however, would not cover the cost of any of this, although it is clearly a factory quality control problem.

I love me a Honda

dave, 09/11/2009

After test-driving everything in the segment, I found the CRV to be the best choice for me. Very comfortable ride, lots of functionality and interior room. Good fuel economy, about 30 highway and 23 in town. Plenty of pep in town, gets right up to speed on the highway. It is very similar to the Rav4 and the current Forester. I was coming out of a Civic and I finally decided on the CRV because I am used to the feel and layout of Honda's.

Faultless

kimberkook, 12/20/2009

The CR-V is my first new vehicle in eleven years and I selected carefully. No disappointments. It is comfort, utility, style and dependability rolled into a nice neat package. Shortly after taking delivery we drove "the Beaver" trans continent for a total of 11K miles and it never skipped a beat. Mileage was spot on the ratings, but the power was peppier than I expected. Finally, I delayed writing this review because I wanted to wait for a couple of "snow trials" before commenting here. The original Conti tires came off and Blizzaks went on... nothing stops the Beaver now!

Still Raving after 9 months ownership

Happy CR-V Owners, 01/10/2010

We've had this car for 9 months, now, and could not be more pleased. Highway mileage from Florida to upstate NY averaged over 30 mph. Comfort and driveability are superb for this level of vehicle. (I do agree with a few others that road noise is a little above what we'd like, but who's perfect? Even with the 2-wheel drive that's standard in the south, we had no trouble driving in the snow and ice of Rochester, NY area a couple weeks ago. Overall, we're VERY pleased with our purchase and would buy another CR-V in a minute.

Most reliable cars on the road

Indianapolis, 02/02/2010

I bought this for my wife, it has done everything I knew it would as I have owned Honda products in the past. 2-WD is more than adequate in the snow; absolutely no problems on ice/snow. Nothing breaks, everything works. Will last 20 years. Honda is quality.

Love New 2009 CR-VLX

Agoura CRV Owner, 03/20/2010

I found a New 2009 CR-V still avail in Thousand Oaks CA & opted for that to save $ - LOVE IT. I drive a lot and usually hate getting in a car but I'm enjoying the comfort. My small complaints are the tires they chose - very hard ride and NOISY if you open the windows above 50 mph. I wish it had an auto headlight & wiper on/off (as my Jeep Gd. Cherokee had) but that is my only "Wish" - I'm not raving about the mileage, and it's obviously better than my 8cy, its just not THAT much greater - and I wish it had a little more "oomph" I LOVE the car - Very happy - LOVE the Nav (didn't think I'd really use it) it helps a LOT from an ATM or gas location to a restaurant. So cool!! Happy Owner here.

Great Utility

chitown, 07/28/2010

We bought this last year and have put 15K miles on it. It has been absolutely trouble free. The engine performance is what you'd expect from a 4-banger in a vehicle this size: a little underwhelming. Still, it handles brilliantly for its size, has a crazy-good turn radius and is surprisingly short in length (making parallel parking in the city a snap), and gets solid fuel economy. We average about 25 mpg. Cruising on the expressway at 70, we get up to 31 mpg or so. Cargo space is fantastic. We've moved furniture boxes in this thing that we'd have never suspected could fit. It's not the most exciting vehicle on the planet, but it's super reliable and solid. Best car Honda offers for the $.

FamilyMobile

astrom, 09/13/2010

The good: (a) Great for our family with the 2-year old twins. My wife can sit in the back between two car seats. At the same time, my mother can ride in the passenger seat. So it moves three adults and two kids and all the attendant stuff easily and comfortably; (b) well equipped: gray leather is great with the kids, love heated seats and mirrors, good stereo (e.g. subwoofer, 6-CD changer, MP3 playback, auxiliary input for an iPod), love the sunroof; (c) acceptable fuel economy (21 mpg overall), (d) 4WD is handy in winter; (e) trouble-free after 19,000 miles; (f) easy to live with, like a toaster, turn on/turn off, nothing more or less. Bad: (a) road noise; (b) weak engine

A Very civilized ride

Drexel Williams, 02/07/2018
EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's a Honda, that pretty much says it all. Nothing wild and crazy about it. It's smooth and quiet and makes for a reliable ride around town or on the hwy.

A very dependable vehicle! :)

Dave L., 02/28/2018
EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car will go forever... I only traded it in for a 2018 CRV EX-L.

Loved my “green machine” most of the time

Becky Franklin, 07/03/2018
EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Hopefully all the little things that drive me nutz have been corrected... Getting a head full of water opening the back in the rain, not able to see the road well over the hood (seat won’t go high enough), seatbelts that lock up, leather arm rest on the door wearing out and extreme road noise. Yikes! Otherwise she has been dependable, efficient and safe. My second CRV. Really a good car overall.

Reliable import

Chris, 08/31/2018
LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you like maintenance free vehicles that hold there value buy the 09 rcb. Ours has 160000 miles on her and still feels like a new vehicle!!

The best bang for the buck, seriously!!!!

Bob, 03/21/2019
EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My friend has a Porsche Macan, paid over twice as much, I get better gas mileage, reliability, room, resale, comfort. He gets, well lets see, he gets better performance. WHoopEE! OH and by the way this my third CR V. One other tip , don't bother with Honda of Thousand Oaks, arrogant, don't communicate, I've tried them 3 times and each time its been the same. I want to shop local, but there excuse for their behavior.

Lifelong Friend

Andy G, 05/20/2019
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Sold my 2005 CRV with 165,000 miles for $6,000 and purchased a two year old 2009 CR-V from the dealer with 25,000 miles. It ran GREAT for all eight years, was super dependable, and handled well on the highway cruising at higher speeds. I put 165,000 miles on it and it never broke down. Besides regular maintenance items, I only replaced the a/c compressor and a window (or door lock) actuator. Just traded it in with 190,000 miles on it towards a 2016 CR-V with 25,000 miles.

Would not buy another Honda!!!

John Bright, 07/04/2016
EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had 2 issues with my vehicle that was not resolved to my satisfication after contacting the Corporate Office. I believe they are known issues and Honda does not care. My next purchase will be a different Manufacturer.

3rd CRV very dissappointing

jano, 06/09/2010

This is our 3rd CR-V; loved the first two; dislike this one. Very unhappy with the design and the gas mileage. The new shift design leaves no floor room and long legs hit their knees. Also, the outlet is way under the bumped out shift column. I miss the tire mount on the rear, the ability to lift the back window alone; you have to latch the seats when down or they fall back and the interior color choices were all light which stain easily. Only getting 22 on the highway. Usually keep 3-4 yrs, will be trading this one soon

Avoid at all cost!

Warren, 06/11/2020
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

timing-belt pressure release crapped out at 140 km along with the AC would not buy another Honda CRV another disposable car like a Chrysler

Just Another

Boring, 07/20/2009

Well I was sold on all the hype of reliability. My wife is really upset we traded a Chevy that has zero issues to one that has us at the Honda Dealer every week. All little stuff from rattles to AC not working. Oh yeah my second transmission in 18000 Miles. Did I get a lemon? Don't think so, lots of others in the waiting room at Honda thinking what did I do. Oh the new body style will be better; seems they are doing a redesign to modernize it like the Nissan, Chevy , Ford and Mitsubishi.

51050