Used 2016 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Terrain for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2016 GMC Terrain Review

twfarms5@gmail.com, 02/07/2018
SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Within the last month I purchased a 2016 GMC Terrain mainly for everyday driving and my once a week commute of two 2 hours away. In this review I will discuss the exterior, interior, performance, and technology of the Terrain. I hope this helps you decide if this is the vehicle for you. **Exterior The GMC Terrain is a sharp looking midsized SUV. If you are a young college student, grandparent, or anyone in between this vehicle can suit your style. It has nice lines and curves and comes with a reverse camera. This vehicle is also nice for tall people because it sits just a little higher up and there are no foot rales on the outside. **Interior It is easy to tell that GMC put quality into the inside of the Terrain. The seats have a stylish look to them and are very comfortable. It is roomy in the front but also in the back seats and has lots of leg room and does not feel cramped. If you travel often and need room for your luggage this would be a great vehicle to have. The trunk is fairly sized but if you fold down the back seats the vehicle has more than enough room for anything you need to move. **Performance The GMC Terrain is an excellent vehicle if you only want to use it for around town or highway driving. The breaks work very well. It is an all-wheel drive vehicle therefore it does have a slight bit of trouble in the snow but if it slips or tires spin it recovers quickly. If safety is important to you I would recommend this vehicle. **Technology This vehicle comes fully equip with a digital touch screen radio, a USB and AUX port, and Bluetooth. The display is nice and user friendly. When first purchased, this vehicle’s radio sometime shuts off on its own and would not turn back on. After doing some further research it just needed two system updates, which the dealer will normally cover the cost of. Once this is done the radio is top quality and definitely worth it. One other cool feature is the lane departure system. This lets you know when you are crossing into another lane or going off the road without your blinker, it is very useful for people who do a lot of highway driving. If you are looking for a luxury SUV for practical use, then I would recommend taking a look at a 2016 GMC Terrain. It is a nice looking, quality vehicle that you are sure to love.

My second Terrain

Nwmo, 09/15/2017
SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love the Terrain. Great ride. Handles great. The 4 cylinder motor is a little sluggish but it's my only complaint. Get about 25 mpg on Hwy.

LOOKS "BOSS"

Linda Young, 03/16/2018
SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Very pleased with my Terrain. This model year has bulky fenders that have now been discontinued. I prefer the bulkiness - it looks BOSS. I like the fact that it doesn't look like every other SUV on the road. It has a smoother quieter ride than the Cadillac or Subaru I recently rode in. Steering is superb. Handles well and brakes are quick and smooth. I have gotten as much as 36 mpg but the average is 26 - 28 mpg. Love the phone feature where you can call from the vehicle and have great sound talking to someone. I have a hearing deficit and I can turn up the phone volume as high as I need. Update: Two complaints. (1) Very unhappy about the lack of a CD player. I used to listen to audiobooks while traveling. (2) Mileage not as good as previously mentioned. It averages 24 mpg now. It still has the best ride and comfort of any vehicle I have had occasion to ride in. Post note: Replaced windshield wipers 4-3-19 today for a staggering $44.00. Who would have thought they could be that expensive? The old ones were original though so they did last a long time. Update: 10-3-19 Still happy with my Terrain. The front bumper guard could be an inch or so higher. I caught it on a high curb and it was nearly ripped off. I just make sure I stop short of a curb now. 4-3-2020 Still happy. No mechanical issues or problems.

Second Terrian and loving it

michael Marcus, 08/11/2016
SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Shop around on the internet to find the best price available for the particular model you want before you negotiate with dealership for further reduction. Prices do vary I have noticed from dealership to dealership. I traded in my 2015 owned since 2014 Terrain SLE1 for my new 2016 Terrain SLE2. Most noticeable upgrade on the 4cyl engine is the power. Truly impressed. Gave it about 17 more horse power, you can feel the difference in acceleration on highways. Backup camera made improvements as well especially for parking. On my SLE2 model GMC to access Virtual Advisor feature, on you say OnStar command, I finally figured this out, GM didn't know and OnStar told me NYS discontinued this feature, not true. I'm a happy camper about this again. Car interior is also quieter than previous model. Styling upgrade although modest makes a nice statement especially with the new LED lights and redesigned hood. Not sure why Edmunds is down on this model but it is a well priced, beautifully made, nice riding SUV. I am very happy now owning my second one. I would not have done this if I were unhappy with my first one. Remember I own I don't lease. Not into throwing my money away . It doesn't grow on trees in my house. One more thing MPG is lower in city then advertised but show me one that isn't. Getting about 16 MPG city right now but should go up once its broken in, highway haven't done a trip yet, but based on other terrain I had I'm expecting about 28 MPG not using ECO button. Another nice thing why I could trade in my 2015 after owning it for 18 months was trade in value, seems it maintained its value well enough to afford me the opportunity to buy the newer model, reset the warranties, get a new SUV with no miles and once again start over again. How much is that worth when you invest your savings? Another consideration when considering this SUV.

Great all around vehicle

Kista T, 02/19/2016
SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

you will not be disappointed with the performance or appointments of the GMC Terrain. We drove a Tahoe for many years with children and pets, and looking for a downsize without the small car feel. THIS TERRAIN FITS THE BILL. I do not feel like I am driving in a small SUV, I feel comfort and space I did not notice in many competitors while test driving and comparison shopping. Again, I have been extremely pleased with our selection and looking forward to years of service out of our GMC.

GNC Beats Imports

Pat Leaper, 11/06/2017
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Excellent Value compared to German counter parts. Excellent Technology. Poor turning Radius. Very comfortable ride, hugs the road well. 6cyl has poor mileage

Great buy

Mike rowe, 09/09/2016
SLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Under powered otHer wise super car

Many great characteristics but a few annoying ones

Sensible, 12/18/2016
SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is an SUV. Supposed to be suitable for sports and utility use, right? The materials in the cargo area need to be better suited for that use. Even with the factory cargo mat, burrs, dirt, sawdust etc impregnates into the surrounding carpet like on the seat back. It's like Velcro! Vacuuming only pushes it deeper into the fabric. The plastic in the cargo area dents and scratches too easily - materials should be more resilient. Inside of the tailgate should be faced with rubber not semi-hard plastic that is easily damaged. Mechanically this SUV is great. 11k mile and zero issues. Quiet, comfortable ride. Once the 4 cyl engine was broken in, it has adequate power for everyday driving. Controls are easy to see, Bluetooth phone connection was simple. Handle for tilting driver's seat is award to reach when door is closed. Very nice vehicle for road trips. When folded, rear seat has an angle to it which makes loading long items problematic. Should fold flat. I have to go to a side door and pull cargo the rest of the way into the area.

Squealing after 6000 miles

Cjones, 07/05/2016
SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So the car overall is awesome. The SUV is spacious and fits my two large dogs just fine. Only concern is recent constant squealing in the back of the vehicle.

TOO MANY BLIND SPOTS!

Kelly, 09/27/2019
SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In today's car world, most cars run pretty well. My 2016 GMC Terrain runs great. However, I CANNOT STRESS how many blind spots there are. TWICE I went to pull out of a street making a left handed turn and almost hit a car. The metal between the windshield and the right front passenger window is a complete blind spot. I also encounter problems when driving on a highway and I cannot see vehicles on either my left or right side. BE CAREFUL. I cannot wait until I can rid of this vehicle. I do not feel safe driving it whatsoever!

51050