Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used Jimmy for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

1995 GMC Jimmy

aml2brn, 04/18/2008
SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Jimmy. It's the most reliable vehicle that I have owned other than my 1979 3/4 ton Chevy Cheyenne. The only issue that I have had with my Jimmy is the fuel economy. I accredit that to the fact that it is 13 years old and it's been driven fairly regularly with average maintenance. I would not sell or trade my Jimmy without serious consideration, even with todays gas prices.

4.13 out of 5 stars

body goeth before engine

Ms Tru Indeed, 06/21/2009
SL 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my truck from a auction, expecting it to run for a year@16500 miles to get me over. Im hitting 200,000. The body is rusting the inside is falling apart, but the dern engine is still going. i want to trade it in, but I cant let it go. Since im good with maintanance on older vehicle (be it that I'm 33 yrs old and female) I think I can get another 40,000. What the heck, its paid for, and im saving money (not on gas though) for that GMC Tahoe. GO GM!!!

4.25 out of 5 stars

1995 GMC Jimy Wagon SLT 4 DR 4x4

JD, 04/10/2008
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

My parents bought this truck brand new and used it up to about 84,000 miles. it sat for five years till I took it over. Being that is sat for five years many of the parts are rotted out and needed to be replaced. So far I've had to fix the ac compresor, spider fuel injector assembly, brake system including lines, catalytic converter, starter. I had a few of the parts put in but otherwise the Jimmy is pretty easy to work on yourself. I enjoy the truck and I think even for a 95 the truck looks great. My red paint has held up almost 15 years and except for the few scrathces the paint looks like new, the leather held up and litterly looks new the back seats dont even have any wear marks.

1.63 out of 5 stars

Piece O Junk

NotSoLucky, 01/14/2010
2dr SUV

The guy who sold me this junk knew what he was doing Its nothing but money money and problems they are good about posting the problems but wont respond to anything and wont put out a penny for all the mess they created what ever happened to good american cars? Will never buy again. Dont even give a second look just run the other way.

2.38 out of 5 stars

no quality in american cars

sandbox, 08/14/2002
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV was to be my vacation play car and it only can stand up to in-town travel. 1st scare was going 75 mph in 5000 ft elevation...and car stalls. No fix...tech states this model lacks a computer chip to recalibrate info for fuel system. Traveling in the middle of summer in 100+ degrees...A/C wimps out. Intermittent problem [cannot be duplicated in town] occurs on highway after an hour in elevated heat does...when you most need it. And lastly, the big Vortex engine with 190 horsepower falls behind 4 cyliner cars while driving up hills...torque sucks!