Used 2004 GMC Envoy XUV Consumer Reviews

Used Envoy XUV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Certainly not the best car i have ever owned

socaldude3, 07/31/2011
SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 envoy xuv v8, its now on its 3rd transmission (work done at gm) 2nd engine (from gm), the tailgate regulator has broken 3 times and been replaced because it locks us out of the trunk, the mid-gate regulator is currently broken, it has always had some mysterious shake at idle, gm told us that was just part of the car. The speedometer has been stuck at 120mph for the past year, the drivers seat (power) only works sometimes. and its only got 100k miles, it does have one of the best rides i have ever seen, and the 5.3 v8 does have great power.. I take good care of it, but since iv owned this, I can see why they stopped making them. after this, i doubt il buy another gm

Exactly What I Wanted!

DRS, 08/12/2006
SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I got the XUV to have a new vehicle to drive to my son's college graduation in May 2004. We fell in love with it during the trip. We had 3 rather large adults for the 1000 mile trip out to the college and we all were amazingly comfortable. After 3+ years the automobile continues to please the family. I have had it back to the dealership only for the recommended service at 6000 and 12000 miles. The OnStar phone has become a necessity. Beware the phone on my OnStar uses analog technology and will need to be upgraded to digital by 2008. This "conversion" costs about $400, but gets you OnStar telephone service for 3 years, which appears to be a good deal if you are going to use it.

Sweat Ride

donna f, 07/13/2009
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this SUV. She rides like a cadillac and handles very well on both the highway and the back road hills. Gas millage is ok I guess for a SUV but making a sacrafice for comfort is well worth it.

Lemon?

Peggy, 08/05/2010
SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Envoy XUV new in 2003. Just when the warranty ran out, we began to have electrical problems. Can't remember what it was that was replaced but it was pricey. A year later, same exact thing. We've been able to get by, since then, by carrying a battery charger with us. If the system shuts down, we're stranded. Yesterday, the battery would not charge and we were towed to the dealer, again! We've always had Hondas and have never had any problems whatsoever. My husband was reluctant to buy a GMC product. Only reason we bought this was because of the sliding roof feature, which we've only used once or twice in 6 years. We'll stick with Hondas next time.

love my xuv

Tonya, 02/27/2016
SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my xuv for 2 years and I absolutely love it !!! Love the retractable roof and love that everything happens at a touch of a few buttons !

12345...16