Used 2004 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Eye candy
By Tammi Stewart

2004 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

It's an eye catcher, I got a lot of attention while driving it. It has been garage kept all throughout the years. It has been very well maintenanced and kept up. No smokers!! It has lots of power and get up and go. Pretty fast car!! I fell in love with it but I'm a truck kind of girl.

Gives new meaning to the term,"Take your top off"
By Wayne Covert

Great car. The top is removable and comes with a rolling stand to store it on. The top squeeks when in place and is a little noisy when going over rough roads. It's a dream to drive with lots of power and is quiet in operation. The environment controls are easy to operate and has heated leather seats. The radio is excellent with internet capabilites and excellent sound. The styling is classic and the round hole in the roof is a great touch. At 6ft 2" I have to do some bending to get in the car but once there I'm very comfortable. My wife is 5 ft 4" and slides in without any trouble, thus, she has claimed the car as her very own as the electric seats have memory and adjusts to her. Grandaughters are 5ft 10" and have no trouble either. If you want a fun car that is very stylish this is the one for you. This car was manufactured in Canada. Two interesting Canadian features is that the backup alert is inside the car and not on the outside and when you go over 70 mph it nags you until you slow down. One final note as there other features that are too numerous to mention, his car requires premium fuel and the ride is a little choppy. Happy motoring.

Lovin my car
By James K

I've been a Ford technician for over 30 years. I spent 15 years at a Ford dealership in Champaign Illinois where they continued to Train us during our employment. I learned so much about the Ford brand during my 15 yrs. that I actually became a die hard fan. When I began my employment with Ford I was actually a GM man and would have it no other way. Like I said before working for Ford was eye-opening and I began to love their products. Over the years I've had Ford products that have been pretty good to me. This 2004 Ford Thunderbird has been a great purchase. The previous owner of this particular Thunderbird did a great job of taking care of this vehicle. It has beauty,power and is an eye-catcher. I'm located in Chicago and there is no better feeling than riding Interstate 55 heading downtown with the top down or warm summer day in the Windy City. Two thumbs up for Ford Thunderbird.

Worlds longest test drive!
By Tracy Johnson

My wife and I just picked up our Vintage Mint Green Thunderbird in Illinois and drove it 970 miles back to North Carolina this past weekend. It’s the very rare Vintage Mint Green which only 612 examples were made. The vehicle is comfortable, quiet and very smooth riding. The fuel mileage is not great but is exactly as Ford claims at 23 mpg on the highway. I’m really looking forward to removing the hard top when it gets warm and enjoying some top down cruising! They only made 65,000 total Thunderbirds in 4 years but there are plenty of low mileage examples to be had. I highly recommend purchasing one.

Fantastic ride. Very quick off the line. Could d
By Dudley Crow

Can be insured as an antique. Save big money with insurance