Used 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

Best you can imagine at a reasonable price
By Ty Tirana

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great practical SUV at basic price with far better than basic overall quality and features.

Little frustrations, large value
By Aaron Hardin

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned my used 2007 FEH for a bit over a month now and have been very happy with it! The average MPG is 30.2 over five fill-ups and the battery gives a good stable acceleration from stops. I'm enjoying the visibility and general comfort of the drive with a few annoyances that I've had to fix: the sunroof sometimes rattles and squeaks with the road vibrations, the door sensor reliably faults in the mid afternoon triggering the door open alarm when driving or the theft alarm when parked.

Still a good car at 139,000 miles
By flprof

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my 2007 Escape Hybrid 4x4 brand new in November of 2006. It has been a great car to my family. I was a former Mustang driver owning a '96GT and a '04GT so it took me a while to get used to the car. I have traveled through the Sierra Nevada and Siskiyou Mountain ranges in the dead of winter and never had a problem. I like the maneuverability and it runs great in the snow. The fan that keeps the hybrid battery cool went out on me at 95,000 miles. Other than that I have had normal maintence repair. I am glad I bought this car even if the engine is a little loud. The engine has decent pickup for only having 155hp. Overall, a nice car that handles well in bad weather and great mileage!

My favorite feature s include the very big moon roof, the large amount of space when you fold the back seats down for cargo and the front seat is comfortable for me. I am 6’2” and many cars I am not comfortable in. Also, the killer gas mileage (27-28m.p.g. in 4x4). My mom who owns a 4x2 gets (30-31m.p.g.). Let me know if this review was useful to you.

Other people have mentioned that they do not like the stereo system. I have the 360 watt system and it is a nice stock system. I have had other people comment how crystal clear the sound quality is. Not the best system but very good. The navigation system works fine but is way outdated compared to what you find in today’s vehicles.

a disaster, my last ford
By jbencheck

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this in Sept 2012 used, private party, 60k miles. Clean carfax, looked immaculate, came back good from the mechanic, and went forward.

Summary of repairs then til 7/2014, off the top of my head:
Brake issues, bad ring - $400 March 2013
CV joint - $800 May 2013
Hybrid-component water pump/fan - $1600 July 2013
Rear-end rebuild completely - $2000 May 2014
TSB on wiring harness, $240, then brake light still on so ABS module. This is where I walked. They wanted $3400 for the part alone. I traded it in at 86k miles 7/2014.

Ridiculous. Hardest part was, yeah, it was a bad car,but Ford, not their corporate, not their dealership, no one would do anything to help whatsoever.

Was a nice spacious car, leather and nav, moonroof, and decent on gas when it ran.

When Ford experiments with hybrid, it shouldn't be at their owners' expense.

2nd 2007 Escape Hybrid, going strong
By draidr1

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Background: Bought a used 2007 Escape Hybrid at a dealership still under warranty and it was an excellent purchase. Great Gas mileage, excellent handling, roomy, good use of storage. Sadly, it was totaled in wreck caused by driver not paying attention while on a cell phone.
I turned around and bought the same model, same year Escape Hybrid because I loved it.
Both vehicles have been excellent for me throughout the years and besides the maintenance costs, I've had minimal costs except for a pricey emissions sensor that went out on me recently. I've taken care of it and its taken care of me.

In order of most noteworthy and memory catching features; Gas Mileage is my favorite. I average 27-28MPG on the AWD Model while the standard one I got close to 30-31 (Tires make a huge difference). Handling is tight and great turn radius. Back-up sensors are excellent and something I'll look for in future vehicles. Easy to use stereo controls. Very roomy, even for the rear seats. Seat Warmers are nice on cold nights but also needs improvements, see below.

In order of most noteworthy improvements: Cup Holders! My God! get some decent cup holders in this thing as the two in the front are in the most awkward place and annoying to boot. Road noise is noticeably loud in a quiet hybrid vehicle. Make sure you get good quality tires and not the cheap ones if/when you change them. Seat Warmers have 2 settings, lava-a$$ and off. Use this badboy with caution. The Navigation system is an out-dated joke and one I actually recommend NOT getting it on this model if you can help it. They should pay you to take this feature its that bad. Apple maps and all its problems is better than this non-updateable piece of garbage. Two words, don't bother!