Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Ram Pickup 3500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2006 5.9L with Mileage Max

Free2BE, 03/14/2010

I have an 06 Dodge 2500 with automatic and tow package. Put on after market cold air induction and 5 inch cat back exhaust. Added the Edge Mileage Max and boom, mileage on overhead computer reads 27 to 28 mpg constantly. Figuring actual mpg (miles driven divided by amount of fuel) and I get 16.1 on the highway at 65 not towing. Have kept service up to date. Other than poor mileage anyone have an idea as to how I might get better mpg. I called Edge about it, they were about as helpful as a dead slug. Edge Mileage Max did increase power but took my mileage down from stock condition by about 5 mpg.As far as I am concerned Edge can jump off the bridge.

First One in Houston!!

christian in texas, 10/14/2005

If you haven't ordered yours yet go do it now! Third Dodge truck in our family going back to '97 and they keep getting better. I ordered this the first day you could back in July and have been counting the days. Who else can say they drive a truck that the backseat leg room is compaired to an S- class Benz? Go for the bucket seats up front and hog all the room for yourself, roll back the sunroof and enjoy. Cummings has more power than 99.5% of us needs and after the break- in should see 20 mpg highway or better. The backseat headrests make for a few blindspots but the oversized mirriors more than make up for it and make it so you never have to turn around to backup. Quiet,smooth,fancy, powerful

Mega power and room

JW, 01/04/2006

I bought this truck to pull a 30 foot fifth wheel camper and to travel in. The first time I had a chance to pull my camper the Cummins engine had the rig going 80 MPH mergeing into a interstate highway off a ramp with lots of power to spare. This truck and engine combination cann't be beat for comfort and power. The first mpg for towing a 12 foot tall, 30 foot long fifth wheel camper was 15 mpg. No bad at all for only having 1500 miles on the truck and not being broken in.

Ram This!

brandonb, 10/22/2007

I've had three Ford powerstrokes in a row (all 7.3L's) but I didnt' want to get a 6.0L after hearing all the troubles with them. I'm glad I made that decision. My Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Dually is awesome. Tremendous performance, pulls my horse trailer like a dream, smooth ride for a one ton, plenty of room, and so far great reliabilty. I'm not knocking the 7.3L ford's because I was very happy with each of those, but this Dodge is the real deal!!

If only the build quality was better

Ron, 07/07/2009

I love this truck, but buy and extended warranty if possible. A few problems left a sour taste and I want out. At 80,000km (49,000 miles), new ball joints, pitman arm & univerals. It's a 3500 and the parts should match(they will all do it and at this mileage it is normal!). Wind noise from drivers door only (most do it). I have rust coming up near the bottom of the door. I live in area where they use very littl salt or sand (1 week out of the year). This is normal as well (84,000km) and it's due to a little bit of sand getting on the inside seal and rubbing the paint protection away. This is not normal in my opion and it's not covered under your warranty unless there is a hole.