Used 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Solid American Truck
By epfeifer

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for several years now and so far it runs like a champ. It does have cheap plastic. I've never seen one with a perfect dashboard, though they do make dash caps. The transmission is the worst thing about this truck. Mileage is 184k and it does have the original transmission, but it doesn't like to shift gears quickly (almost have to floor it for it to downshift and left almost completely off the accelerator for it to shift up). Gas milage is 14/15 around town and 17-18 on the freeway.

From day one
By Dean Burks

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my 2001 Dodge Ram 4x4 quad cab since it has 2 miles on it and it has about 110000 on it now. I love the looks. At 6'7" I love the room and height. Now lets get to the rest. Since I bought it I have replaced the rear end twice. U joints twice. New brakes three times. A brake line broke ( rust) so suddenly that I went to a store with brakes and when I left I had NO brakes. They went to the floor. Replace shocks twice. A/c compressor. I keep it very clean and it still is rusting on the bottom rails. Window fits are terrible ( air noise). I have over serviced this vehicle as far as required maintenance. The cd player went out at 55000 miles and now I have to get a new radio. The engine has held up ok ( knock on wood). All this that has happened is due to poor parts being used by Dodge and low quality craftsmenship. They keep saying Ram tough on TV. I say. Ram is not tough at all. Then they ask why does Toyota and the other foreign models do so well. They make cars that stand up. Dodge makes them good enough to just get you out the door.

10 Years of Great Service
By Kurt

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab WS 2WD LB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle 10 years ago (8/05) and it has given me great service. The only repairs I have done are ones I would expect to do (alternator, master cylinder, water pump, ball joints, shocks, brake lines). I have heard about problems with cracks in the dash. Mine only started cracking 2 years ago, but is getting bad. Overall I can't believe that I have had a vehicle for 10 years and had no major problems. It currently has 97,000 miles at 14 years. I know that the next vehicle I get won't give me the service this one has, and that makes it hard to part with, even though I need to due to lifestyle changes.

great truck but it may burn
By Mr. Hardware

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD LB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

this had been a great truck that said even after the recall repairs in 2002 some will still burn and you will likely be driving it when it starts

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY DODGE RAM!!!
By lovinbeinamom

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

My husband purchased this truck for me in 2002 as an anniversary present, it is the best gift he has ever purchased for me! It is now 2014 and I now have 220,000 + miles on it.
It is by far the best vehicle we have ever owned!
The v8 has plenty of power, fun to drive, reliable, roomy and comfortable.
We replaced the transmission at about 120,000 and have put a radiator on it but that is it.
Great truck! I can not say enough good things about it.
I truly love my truck!
It has kept me safe when was hit in the side on 3 different occasions and then on the 4th when a drunk driver hit me.
I feel safe it this truck.
I praise God 1st and foremost but I am thankful for the quality the truck

The v8 motor is great with plenty of power. I also love the spacious cab.

Nothing, I love the truck the way it is.