Used 2002 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

FUN!
By Mike Lee

2002 Dodge Neon R/T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2002 Dodge Neon R/T. I commute a lot and I wanted something fun and sporty to drive. These car are fun to drive. Handling is great and performance from the 2.0 Magnum engine is quick. The car is built well. Love driving this car. Lot of people say "you drive a Neon"? Once they ride in it, they have a totally different attitude, they are surprised how well the car rides.

Owned my 2002 SXT since it had 787 Miles
By NRamos

2002 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car and bought it from a Dealer in Suffolk (not a fan) but overall loved its handling, the way it drove (drives like a truck) and handles. I have an Automatic and have kept it in storage for many years as I had an incident with Flooding in Ghent around 2003. But I have always had the oil changed and kept it running in good shape. As long as I had the oil changed, it has been a low maintenance vehicle. I did have issues of back firing but this was because of the workmanship of the work done from flood damage. Overall, I love the sunroof, the reliability, handling and the sound system. The car was Car of the Year for Dodge back in 2002. My vehicle was sold with a Bose System. I have to sell my car unfortunately, but I did enjoy owning it. I hope someone enjoys it as much as I did.

I love my little neon
By jackie

2002 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very reliable an comfortable to ride in,i bought mine new an now after 13 years still driving it.

They should've Dodged this Neon!
By Matthew

2002 Dodge Neon 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I can honestly say that this has to be one of the worst cars Dodge ever built. My fiancé and I bought ours when it was 10 years old, it only had 90,000 miles on it though. Ever since it was bought, it has nothing but problems. The owner before us was an old lady who had pasted away. She treated the car like it was her first born child so I know the issues didn't come from her driving it. The transmission is terrible. It slips, backfires, and sometimes doesn't even go into gear. The engine has terrible power and constantly leaks oil. The coolant tank leaks. The electronics are terrible. Interior lights don't work anymore. Interior is cheaply made. The dash has bubbles all over it. The back windows leak whenever it storms which makes the inside of the car soaked. The engine is extremely loud, it sounds like you have all the windows down whenever you're driving it. The car vibrates, shakes, and knocks. Headlights have terrible visibility. The only thing that's decent in this vechicle are the speakers. It has a great, stock sound system. The reason I'm writing a review on a 14 year old car is because they're cheap to buy now but I honestly wouldn't waste $500 on this car because you'll end up putting 10x that in repairs. Stay away from this car. It shouldn't have ever been made.

Unfortunate purchase
By rostropovich

2002 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost 2 years, and have had problem after problem, regret upon regret.
I have treated it like my firstborn, always hoping that after /this/ repair it will run well for a good long time, but no, not a chance.

Got it for $2800 at 81000 miles, but put $4000 in repairs in the first year, including rotors, e-brake, sway bar links and bushings, control arm bushings, muffler, transmission mount, shifter cables, steering tie rod and lights. It never quite felt like it was driving nicely even after repairs. The story ends with the transmission failing. UNCLE!

It looks decent and the interior is okay.