Used 2011 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Great Value !
By Jim McKevitt

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The comfort and extra room compared to a car are amazing !

Not worth the headache
By Shana

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2011 Town and Country used with 38,000 miles on it. We had it for 2 and a half years and it was in the shop for various things about every third month. Thank goodness we bought the extended warranty because if we had to pay out of pocket it would have cost well over 12,000 for the repairs. We were lured in by the "bells and whistles" but not worth the headache. Very unreliable.

Most versitile vehicle I have ever owned
By Donovan

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine used with 29k miles on it. After 2 years, I have just over 71k. The only problems I have had were an issue with an engine head that was taken care of by Chrysler as a known issue (including extending the warranty on the redesigned head) and the rear blower for the climate control system is getting flaky on me. Overall I love this thing! the engine is POWERFUL and has lots of good low end torque. I put a class 3 receiver on and I can tow 3500lbs with NO STRAIN. MPGs are terrific. Around town, when using ECON mode, I can get 20-22MPG. On the interstate, I can average 29MPG. If I use cruise control, and keep my speed to around 55MPH on the interstate, I can get 36MPG!!! Stow and go is a game changer. Frankly, it is the main reason I didn't go with Toyota or Honda. Within about 2min, I can transform my 7 passenger family hauler into a cargo van, or any stage in between. The backup camera is amazing and the stereo may be the best non-premium option stereo I have ever seen as an OEM build. FCA really thought things thru with this design. Starting in 2011, the internal redesign is gorgeous. The previous version of this generation has an interior that reminded me of a 1986 LeBaron. My 2 kids have plenty of space in the middle row captains chairs, but could have used some better cup holder options, as the only ones actually made for that row are at the bottom of the sliding doors, and cant be reached by small kids in car seats. As for cup holders, there are 6 available up front (not including the doors)! Plenty of storage (especially with stow-n-go). Also the interior has green light bars in the ceiling that spread a nice glow at night that makes it far more comfortable for small kids who get scared in the dark. Handling is great. I only with it had a AWD option for winter weather. If you take ECON mode off, this thing has some guts to it, and is at home doing 80MPH. Acceleration is really good for a heavy van, too. I personally think that this vehicle may be the best value available in America today due to its price, features, performance and versatility.

Town and Country Ride
By Michael Hackathorn

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you think about buying think again
By Heidi

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I loved my Town and Country for 5 years however in the same week the transmission and engine blew. I had the car 5 years and 3 months. This is 3 months over the warranty. The people at Chrysler customer service are the worst. They give you the run around and offer no help whatsoever. They caused me anxiety and stress in a time where CS people should be kind. They are rude and mean. If you run into a girl named Neekesha she is the worst. This is my last time dealing with Chrysler.