Used 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews

Used PT Cruiser for Sale
Select your model:
12345...36

Pros
Cons

Body Creaking Noise

Ernie Weber, 05/01/2008
Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Wife and I love this car which now has 79000 miles. Trouble free with great ride and handling and versatility. For the past year we have had a creaking noise in the chassis. Local mechanic cannot locate nor could local dealer. This noise occurs primarily after coming out of a right hand turn. Not while driving straight. Bouncing up and down while standing still fails to duplicate the noise. Has anyone had this problem and how was it fixed?

dream cruiser attention getter

john ohara, 10/04/2016
Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

great body integrity(dont see rusty pts) super cruiser,extremely comfortable,stands out when most other cars/suvs look all alike (you cant tell if a mercedes or a kia), fine handling,fantastic space flexability and space storage -a rare unique vehicle in this time of NO DISTINCTIVE VEHICLES---

Very Pleased

Andrea G, 12/03/2008
4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I purchased our PT Cruiser used with almost 60,000 miles on it in 2004.We have driven it a total of 29 months. It sat for about 9 months after being hit by a mid size SUV on the passengers side while riding in town. My three kids were in the car and everyone was safe.Today the car has almost 108,000 miles on it and drives great. We have had to replace the following items: rotors, brakes, calipers, tie rods and the radiator. The repairs were not as expensive as I had expected. I am often recieving compliments on the vehicle. I drive anywhere from 40-60 miles daily for work and couldn't have been happy this past summer with the price of gas being what it was

Love this car!!

CrUiZeR, 10/08/2009
4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a 2002 PT for almost 4 years. Bought with 60,000 miles, now have just over 100,000. Have had VERY few issues with this car. I never head out in the morning with the fear that the car won't start or get me where I'm going. Runs great and gets some good speed on the freeway. Not everyone's cup of tea, but the car is beautiful, especially with a spoiler, chrome accents, and aftermarket mags. Interior is well designed and comfortable. Would recommend this car to anyone looking for a nice family car. Now I'm just looking for something more sporty.

We have a Love / Hate Relationship

Yankeemare, 09/17/2008
Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car and HATE the constant repairs! 2 full sets of brakes in 3 years, new transmission at 80,000 miles, fog lights won't turn off - had to have the lights disconnected, but the LCD interior light stays on all the time, engine overheating, water pump, thermostat, timing belt and serpentine belt being replaced as we speak (97,000 miles). I love the design, comfort, interior, passenger and cargo capacity, and it's very easy to get my grandson in and out of his car-seat in the back seat. I'm shopping for another hatchback but it sure won't be a PT Cruiser and that makes me very sad. If Chrysler could up the reliability quotient, I'd be a PT Cruiser buyer / owner forever

12345...36