Used 2012 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

Base 0-cyl. Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive - (90 reviews )

Chevy volt
By Brendan

2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I leased a Chevy volt for 2 years and didn’t really like the car, it was just a really strange car, In my opinion I think if your going to drive a volt you better live somewhere where it is warm all year round Bc the battery’s freeze when it gets really cold out which causes the car not to start, and that happen to me all the time, so that’s kinda why i didn’t care for the Chevy volt so much.

Great Car
By Gary Stapleton

2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Buy a used Volt if you want a great car.

Smooth Volt
By Barbara Gray

2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

A ride smoother than an other auto. It never shifts gears. To get the very best electric and gas milage you must drive at 65mph. and keep the planet in the green. I was able to keep the electric milage at 45 miles. Stop slow start slow. And you can drive all day in the city on an electric charge. Gas generator is a little loud. But not louder than a normale gas auto. I would buy a 2016 if I could ford it.

Easy to maintain and fun to drive.
By Larry Coleman

2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Over engineered and a bargain on the used market. I recently drove to Las Vegas and back from St. Louis. I had no way to charge once I left St. Louis. I was by myself and in no particular hurry to get there. I was in "mountain mode" for the entire trip and in "cruise control" on 60 mph. I traveled about 3300 miles and averaged 42.5 MPG almost exclusively using the generator engine. I have not had an issue with this car since since I purchased it used in May 2017. I am retired and I never put gasoline in it back here in St. Louis as I make only short trips. I use the charger that came with it in my garage when I get back and that gives me about 40 miles of range. I have only the highest praise for my Volt and it is a joy to drive.

sporty luxury & quietest ride I've ever had
By Layne A Walker

2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I was nervous, at first, to have to do extra research on the new Volt technology, especially in light of little data on expected life span of the massive battery. Lowest maintenance costs ever with significant lower need of oil changes due to 75% of my miles are electric, not run on gasoline engine. It's been 2 months since I last put gas in my 2012. The BEST pick up acceleration of any small car. Has the feel of a more substantial, luxury sedan. I pay about 80¢ per night for 10 kilowatts to recharge; especially nice to save $4 a day when gas was more than that per gallon. GM is committed to including all necessary maintenance of this new technology. My 2012 Volt has far exceeded my hopes & expectations that I ever had. My all-time favorite car, &, I really loved my 2003 Monte Carlo!