Used 2000 Chevrolet Tracker Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Tracker Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

My Trusty Steed
By Andrea

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car off of a friend for $800 3 years ago. I love this car and I can honestly say that's been the best $800 I've ever spent. When I bought the car it needed to have the left drivers side CV boot replaced, before I replaced the CV boot I drove the vehicle for about 6 months. Around year 2 I had to get the alternator replaced. I've put all new tires on it and have really just kept up with regular maintenance on it. It had I think about 80,000 miles on it when I got it because it was really just pulled behind an RV before my friend got it and she only drove it for about a year. After I've owned it for the past 3 years, I've got it up to 115,000 miles.

Tracker 2 door,fun on 4 wheels
By Garry Kopp

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

A great zippy little SUV for two almost as fun to drive as a bike is to ride. However, not a road trip vehicle. If your over 6 foot, get out and stretch every hour. 4 wheel drive in the winter is barely lower than the normal 25 to 27 mpg.

Towed
By Christinia Sloan

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top

Towed for 20 30 thousand miles behind RV

Save your money - buy something else.
By smileydd68

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased this vehicle used with 132k miles on it.
Figured I was safe after reading all the great reviews on this site.
Boy was I mistaken.
Within one month the timing belt needed replaced and door latch needed repaired.
The handle alone was over 100.00 for the part.
Two weeks later the motor went.
Was one repair bill after another.
Found out later that the motor is a common problem with this year which is why the repairs are so costly.

Impressed me!
By stuckinsopa

2000 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV 4WD

We've had our Tracker since Sept 99. No expensive issues not covered under warranty.On our third exhaust system from converter back. To be fair though, snapped off the first two (don't ask!) Really aggressive tires are a must if you plan to off road. Wind roar is bad, but thats after 4 deer in 5 years. Body panels don't allign quite as good as when new.Wind WILL shift lanes for you.

We like the ride, and the ease of entry. I'm 6'1" so height is important. Fold down seats means more room to haul stuff. I think the 4WD would climb a tree with the right tires.Mph is O.K. for an automatic, power is acceptable for a 4 cyl. For it's size, expected better from the 2.0 4-banger.